• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
CenterIce

Canucks to file tampering charges against Leafs

Rate this topic

Guest gofish

good, i personally can't stand brian burke. I like the leafs, but burke is a clown.

So you can file tampering charges over comments made almost 4 months ago? I doubt anything comes of this, we don't know if Burke intentionally did this whilst someone ran with the information, it hasn't affected anything now and I don't think tampering is an issue when the head coach makes comments about wanting to pursue the Sedins when they're in the market at that time. That part could've been taken out of context for all we know.

At first, I thought Gillis was getting upset over nothing, but after thinking about it, I tend to side with him. If Bieksa or Burrows heard about this, they may feel undervalued, and that could create problems in the locker room. I'm sure Burke didn't mean any harm, but he should be more careful about what he says.

I'm so sick of hearing how great Burke is and what a Professional he is. He does everything the right way, blah blah blah.

Yet another example of why I don't like the guy.

From Toronto Star :

Yet the Leafs were caught off guard by the Canucks' pursuit of tampering charges stemming from a Leafs TV documentary, broadcast in September, in which Burke said the Canucks were trying to land Tampa's second pick overall.

A source said the Leafs argued it wasn't tampering because their team had shown no interest in either player.

The league warned Burke, but agreed the incident did not fit the definition of tampering.