• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest gofish

Jordan Pearce

Rate this topic

Guest gofish

Jordan Pearce (G) was just sent to the Toledo Walleye (ECHL).

As a season ticket holder I am pretty excited to hear this.

36 Jordan Pearce: Pearce is bigger than his 6’1” listed height because he’s supremely lanky and he plays a very efficient hybrid style, offering technically efficient goaltending and really the best mobility and ability to recover from the butterfly of anybody out there, and he was damn good against Tampa Bay, especially in the shootout, willing pucks to the corners and sometimes standing on his feet as he patiently out-waited the Bolts’ shooters, but he retains the status of a “shooter tutor” to some extent. Pearce’s problem is that he can be beaten at the four corners of his net relatively easily when he so much as saunters a hair off his proper angle, and he gets off-angle somewhat regularly. He’s still got potential and works hard so I hope he gets an opportunity to settle in as the Toledo Walleye’s #1 goalie because they lost Alec Richards to the Hawks.

http://www.kuklaskorner.com/index.php/a2y/comments/red_wings_prospects_conclude_tournament_with_a_loss_prepare_for_main_camp/

Guest aaronstan16

36 Jordan Pearce: Pearce is bigger than his 6'1" listed height because he's supremely lanky and he plays a very efficient hybrid style, offering technically efficient goaltending and really the best mobility and ability to recover from the butterfly of anybody out there, and he was damn good against Tampa Bay, especially in the shootout, willing pucks to the corners and sometimes standing on his feet as he patiently out-waited the Bolts' shooters, but he retains the status of a "shooter tutor" to some extent. Pearce's problem is that he can be beaten at the four corners of his net relatively easily when he so much as saunters a hair off his proper angle, and he gets off-angle somewhat regularly. He's still got potential and works hard so I hope he gets an opportunity to settle in as the Toledo Walleye's #1 goalie because they lost Alec Richards to the Hawks.

http://www.kuklaskor..._for_main_camp/

We're (Toledo) supposed to be getting Joe Palmer from the Hawks. He played in the CHL last year, I believe, and OSU prior to that.

I liked Richards, but I always dreaded going into a shootout with him in net. I knew we were going to lose the game every time he played into the shootout. On the other hand, I thought Pearce played very well one-on-one, and felt much more comfortable with him going into the shootout.

I don't know anything about Joe Palmer though.