• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

hockeygods

Wings sign Brad May to 1 Year Deal, $500k

Rate this topic

Guest gofish

I truly hope the Wings give him a contract. I love his attitude and devotion to the game. He could be this years Dallas Drake. Plus, when either Malts or Draper hit their mid season slump he would be a great fit on that fourth line.

or then again maybe just wishful thinking...

I did really like his attitude when FSD interviewed him. He didn't look too bad out on the ice either. If he takes a cheap two-way contract, and clears waivers (which seems likely at this point), he'd probably be a great presence in GR. Eventually a spot will open up for him.

If you listen closely you can hear the sound of ESAD jumping in the air and doing repeated fist pumps. :siren:

Good for May. Would love to see him regularly in the lineup.

MAYDAY MAYDAY MAYDAY

Lidstrom's finished, too. I don't know why he's still here.

Seriously. God, our whole roster sucks except for May. We should just scrap the whole team and start afresh. Sign Crosby/Ovie/Malkin and Luongo and we won't need anyone else.

Except for May. Then we'd be perfect.

---

Joking aside. Good signing. I'm excited to see him play.

Guest gofish

I just hope Babs see the potential spark he brings with his intensity and physical play. My fear is he's gonna spend the year in GR like McCarty and Downey did last year. Not to speak against Babs but there were quite a few games last year Detroit could have benefited from a scrapper like May.

I'm more skeptical than most people here. Not anything against May, but generally when this board gets excited about a player it's because they're having an enforcer-gasm and not thinking rationally.

But hey, new players are always fun, here's hoping he gets some ice time with the big club!

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Cool signing,

anyone wanna explain to me how he was the 14th overall pick?

Guest micah

Sweet. This dude was brought here for one reason, to punch people in the head - every other thing that he can do, other Wings can do better. I like that we have a head-puncher. The league has other, better head-punchers, but this one is ours. Better than nothing. Good work, Kenny!

Edited by micah