• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

I Red Wings I

GDT: 10/8 - Blackhawks, 2 @ Red Wings, 3

Rate this topic

They were still dogging it hard after that. They were dogging it even after the Lidstrom goal. Ville seemed to get the ball rolling with that great shift, then a PP goal, Hank just had a great shift after that. Suddenly things are moving here.

That is your future Rookie of the Year...Ville Lino...turning heads, skating hard, grinding corners, scored a goal (game 1) (more to come)

Ville Leino is going to be almost as productive as Hudler offensively this season, but is going to bring a more rounded game to the ice.

I want some video of May yappin' at the Hawks bench at the end of the 1st! :lol:

esteef

May has been a good addition through 2 periods...when he has been out there he has skated well, and played hard. I like it. With Draper and Maltby looking rejuvinated I think we have the makings of a new grind line!!!

IMO the key to 4th line success all through the year is limiting the GP by all 3 of those guys, getting up there in age, mixing Eaves in to spell them and keep all 3 fresh will be great success all year.

GOALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

what the hell? all of a sudden we CLICK CLICK

It is exactly like somebody pushed a button on the bench. Or mebee on the ice. Whatevah!! I think the 5 on 3 kill brought them back to life and then it just built from there.

I'm so happy for them that for right now they have their caca together! Keep it up, boyz!!!

how does the icetime look thus far? is babcock overplaying some players=?

There have been an overabundance of special teams playing time so its hard to tell truthfully. It will seem skewed.

Guys like Leino and May are not where they could be if it was more Even Strength game

I want the frickin' Flyers to tie it up.

Dear sweet Jesus yes. Do you hear that FLYERS??

Especially since the now would-be game-winning goal they scored on themselves.

eta: dammit Flyers. 5-3 Pitt now.

Edited by EuroTwin

Some great backchecking and energy there in the end of 2nd,let's keep it up now.

I'm sure Aussie_Wing's amazed Drapes scored a non-empty netter. :lol:

Always nice to start the day with a heart attack. :thumbup:

Hard to believe Flip hasn't got a point tonight, been one of our best. Drawn at least 2 penalties too.

May has been a good addition through 2 periods...when he has been out there he has skated well, and played hard. I like it. With Draper and Maltby looking rejuvinated I think we have the makings of a new grind line!!!

IMO the key to 4th line success all through the year is limiting the GP by all 3 of those guys, getting up there in age, mixing Eaves in to spell them and keep all 3 fresh will be great success all year.

I'm in full agreement there. They still have what it takes, the only question is stamina. Drapes still has speed and face-off ability, Malts can still jaw and kill, and May can fight. Keep them fresh and we'll have a seasoned, responsible 4th line.

BTW, for those of you who lost your stream, there's one here.

No offense, 58, but yours wouldn't load for me.

Edited by 55fan

Hard to believe Flip hasn't got a point tonight, been one of our best. Drawn at least 2 penalties too.

That line has been good. All three of them. Even J-Dub...

I think that in a few more games those three will fully click and it will be SCARY for opponents.

Oh it'll come. We could use a W right now. Here's to a great 4rd. :thumbup:

Wow,we've been good in the faceoffs:

Fil 6-2

Z 7-3

Drapes 5-3

Dats 6-4

That is your future Rookie of the Year...Ville Lino...turning heads, skating hard, grinding corners, scored a goal (game 1) (more to come)

Ville Leino is going to be almost as productive as Hudler offensively this season, but is going to bring a more rounded game to the ice.

I remember when Barrett Jackman won the Calder over Hank.... I'm sure Leino will get the same treatment, Wings get no respect.

Flip and Leino belong in the top 6 and Holmer and Bertoothie belong in the bottom 6, or the pressbox.

LOL.

Homers screen directly led to a goal, and Bertuzzi saved a goal on the other end.