• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

I Red Wings I

GDT: 10/8 - Blackhawks, 2 @ Red Wings, 3

Rate this topic

chicago_blackhawks_150x150.jpg AT detroit_red_wings_150x150.jpg

After differing results in their season-opening trips to Europe, the Chicago Blackhawks and Detroit Red Wings are in contrasting situations heading into their first meeting of 2009-10.

As the Original Six rivals make their North American debut Thursday night in Detroit, the Blackhawks will try to build off a respectable effort while the Red Wings will attempt to avoid their worst start in 20 years in a rematch of last season's Western Conference finals. Preview - ESPN.com

The Red Wings have assigned forward Justin Abdelkader to Grand Rapids (AHL).

The move clears room for newly signed Brad May, who skated with the team this morning. Abdelkader, who centered the fourth line in the first two games, was destined to go back to the Giffins anyway, after Darren Helm (sprained shoulder) comes off injured reserve in a few days or early next week. mlive.com

Who's Hot -- If Patrick Kane was distracted by his offseason issues, he certainly didn't show it in Helsinki. The 2008 Calder Trophy winner scored twice and added a pair of assists against the Panthers, while defenseman Brent Seabrook also had a strong performance in Europe with 3 three assists. Dan Cleary and Henrik Zetterberg each had two points for the Wings.

Injury Report -- Ben Eager is questionable for Chicago with an upper body injury. Troy Brouwer, who is battling a lower body injury, is expected to play. Chicago's Marian Hossa, out until at least mid-November after off-season shoulder surgery, will have to wait for his first visit to the Joe since signing as a free agent this summer. Andreas Lilja and Darren Helm are both on injured reserve for the Wings.

Stat Pack -- Since 2002, the last time they made the playoffs before 2008-09, the Hawks have gone 5-13-2 at Joe Louis Arena -- a winning percentage of just .250. That will have to change for Chicago to wrest control of the Central Division away from Detroit.

Puck Drop -- Both the Red Wings and Blackhawks have high expectations for the 2009-10 season, with many picking one or the other to be the last Western Conference team standing in June. Thursday night is just one of six games the two will play this season, but if Chicago pulls out a regulation victory, it would mean a huge five-point head start over its longtime rival. NHL.com Edited by I Red Wings I

FP4135~Chicago-Blackhawks-Logo-Posters.jpgVersus FP3528~Detroit-Redwings-Logo-Posters.jpg

Wingsgoal-thumb-500x313-8066.jpg

Preview- Blackhawks at Red Wings

riples187e.png

Chicago: 1-0-1

Last Game: Defeated FLA 4-0 Recap

Detroit: 0-2-0

Last Game: Lost to STL 5-3 Recap

Last CHI-DET meeting: 5/27, CHI 1 at DET 2 (OT) Recap

riples187f.png

Goals

CHI Patrick Kane, Patrick Sharp, Dustin Byfuglien: 2

DET Six tied at 1

Assists

CHI Brent Seabrook: 3

DET Henrik Zetterberg: 2

Plus/Minus

CHI Patrick Kane: +3

DET Justin Abdelkader, Kirk Maltby, Brian Rafalski: +1

----

CHI Colin Fraser, Troy Brouwer: -2

DET Brett Lebda: -3

PIM

CHI Troy Brouwer: 4

DET Johan Franzen: 6

riples187g.png

Franzen-Datsyuk-Holmstrom

Bertuzzi-Zetterberg-Cleary

Leino-Filppula-Williams

May-Draper-Maltby

Lidstrom-Rafalski

Kronwall-Stuart

Ericsson-Meech

riples187h.png

huet_cristobal_hawks_watches_play_325x183.jpg

CHI Cristobal Huet

0-1-0, 2.78 GAA, .875 SV %, 0 SO

osgood_chris_wings_defends_net_325x183.jpg

DET Chris Osgood

0-1-0, 4.06 GAA, .826 SV %, 0 SO

riples187i.png

CHI Ben Eager (upper body) out, Dave Bolland (back) day to day, Adam Burish (ACL) out, Marian Hossa (shoulder) out

DET Darren Helm (AC joint) will not play, Andreas Lilja (concussion) out

Bryan Bickell, a Blackhawks prospect who I am very close with (and who has actually scored against us/Ozzie before), is supposed to get the call for Chicago tonight, so you can all imagine how exciting of a game this is for me.

Guest mindfly
Finally the 2009-10 season starts!

FYI it started last friday :rolleyes:

Wings lose this one 4-3 (yepyep im back)

Edited by mindfly

FYI it started last friday :rolleyes:

Wings lose this one 4-3 (yepyep im back)

Not really... those were overseas exhibition games.. they don't count towards the real season... played on North American Soil with the home fans in attendance!

This is the official start to my Red Wings hockey season!

not to mention NO regular season games in October start at effing 3pm on a friday nor 3pm on a saturday! Hockey is a 7pm or later game... when its dark out and there is no glare from the sun on your TVs

Edited by OsGOD

I think that it is a shame to sit Maltby, when he's had a good start to the season and had a good post-season. If this is his last year (looks likely, and it's definitely a contract year), give him all the chances you can for him to play his heart out - that is, until he does something (or fails to do something) and therefore merits benching.

Edited by NGKEIB

Not really... those were overseas exhibition games.. they don't count towards the real season... played on North American Soil with the home fans in attendance!

This is the official start to my Red Wings hockey season!

not to mention NO regular season games in October start at effing 3pm on a friday nor 3pm on a saturday! Hockey is a 7pm or later game... when its dark out and there is no glare from the sun on your TVs

Billy Mays knows what's up.