• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

New Organ at the Joe

Rate this topic

Yeah, they made a special mention of it during the broadcast last night on FSD.

I don't mind it, really. It's a throwback to the old days of hockey. Not many teams use an organist in today's NHL (in fact, Chicago and St. Louis are the only two that come to mind that still do).

Edited by Kp-Wings

I don't mind it, really. It's a throwback to the old days of hockey. Not many teams use an organist in today's NHL (in fact, Chicago and St. Louis are the only two that come to mind that still do).

Buffalo.

So it's going to be a regular thing then?

So it's going to be a regular thing then?

No, they said only during certain games (about 12-13). Reading on MLive, it sounds as though games against Original 6 opponents, as well as games tied in with the kids club promotions will feature the organ.

Buffalo.

Didn't know, thanks.

No, they said only during certain games (about 12-13). Reading on MLive, it sounds as though games against Original 6 opponents, as well as games tied in with the kids club promotions will feature the organ.

Didn't know, thanks.

Then good - I was thinking that it had something to do with playing Chicago and their history with the organ.

Then good - I was thinking that it had something to do with playing Chicago and their history with the organ.

Filthy. You have a filthy mind. :ph34r:

I loved hearing the new organ music last night. That's hockey man, organ music belongs are hockey games. :thumbup:

Guest micah

I loves me some music, but I have yet to hear a good song played at the Joe, ever. Okay,I guess "shipping up to Boston" is good enough, but there's no reason to playit at the Joe.

I love the organ, and I want the organ every night. The organ just feeels right.

it needs to go. i can't get energized to a man playing adam's family on an organ. most ppl around me hated it. the more drunk ppl got the more expletives were thrown out when complaining about the organ lol

Guest micah
it needs to go. i can't get energized to a man playing adam's family on an organ. most ppl around me hated it. the more drunk ppl got the more expletives were thrown out when complaining about the organ lol

An organ just playing the chromatic scale up and down is better than any Journey, Kiss or Kid Rock song in the history of the world.

Guest micah
I love the organ. It should be a regular treat considering the Joe doesn't play the best music.

"Just a city boy...born and raised in SOUTH DETWOOIIIITTT!!"

I get all stabby everytime I hear that. I would get pumped up if they would hang and burn Steve Perry in effigy instead of playing that awful song. Yes, I know it has the word "Detroit" in it. It sucks.

I loves me some music, but I have yet to hear a good song played at the Joe, ever. Okay,I guess "shipping up to Boston" is good enough, but there's no reason to playit at the Joe.

I love the organ, and I want the organ every night. The organ just feeels right.

Pittsburgh and Los Angeles come to mind.

Not interested. I'll take my pre-recorded "Let's Go Wings!" song any day.

Buffalo.

Minnesota Wild have an organist. He sits on an organ shaped like a zamboni up in the corner rafters of the arena.

I actually don't mind it if they mix it in with decent music. I know there have been threads in the past about how the music @ the Joe (I have never been there) is getting a little tired and worn out. So, maybe this will help mix it up a little bit.

I get all stabby everytime I hear that. I would get pumped up if they would hang and burn Steve Perry in effigy instead of playing that awful song. Yes, I know it has the word "Detroit" in it. It sucks.

Come on! Where's the love for Steve Perry? Gotta love the Baseketball quote. "Steeeeve Perry! Hey, no Journey psyche outs!"

Guest E_S_A_D

I love the organ, that's old school hockey. Hell with the top 40 hits; bring me an organ, cold beer on draft, and section 212B at the Joe any day. Hopefully, like old times, Mickey shares his popcorn preshow with me... then I'm really set.

I can't believe people are complaining about organ music at a hockey game. It beats the hell out of the same Red Wings sound track they've been playing since I was 10 years old. If they were to get a real, old school pipe organ, that would be the best. A good pipe organ at church can shake you, you can feel it. I think it would be a massive upgrade; the Red Wings are known as Old Time Hockey, and an organ just adds to it. But.....I can see where playing it during every single break in play would get old too. I don't think there needs to be music at all during every single break in play. Let the fans start a cheer on their own once in a while instead of drowning them out.

New Olympia Stadium