• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Heaton

Franzen out 4 months with torn ACL

Rate this topic

overreaction? bertuzzi has looked like this ever since his back surgery

I guess I should've asked you what you meant when you said "done". Did you mean, done as in he is no longer the NHL star caliber player he used to be? Or did you mean he is completely finished and no longer even an NHL caliber player at all? IMO, I still think he is at least an average NHL player.

4 months is a joke. Fischer wasn't back to 85% until a year and half later. And he never got back to 100%. The good news is that Franzen isn't a super skater in the first place. When he's fully recovered, he should look like he's always looked.

ohhhh nooooooooooooooo....and NHL 10 is doing bi-weekly roster updates now meaning that for once, even while playing online i will be crippled as the wings. Poor mule, shouldn't have kicked someone like a mule. I have confidence in this team though. Coaching/Management/Players will all endure and still kick ass

Jesus. Wow. What horrible news to come home to :( At least he'll be back quick enough to get a his timing back for the playoffs. One thing we do know is that Franzen's always quicker to recover from injuries than average, so hopefully his physio and recovery time is accelerated.

This is a huge oppertunity for one of our youngsters-- more specifically for Leino. Leino's the only guy with bonefide top six credentials (aside from Filppula, who is a centre and will be needed to maintain offensive and defensive depth down the middle). It's also a good chance for Abdelkader to prove he's got a good enough scoring touch to play effectively on the third line...

New lines assuming Babs keeps Datsyuk and Zetterberg split:

Leino-Datsyuk-Holmstrom

Bertuzzi-Zetterberg-Cleary

Williams-Filppula-Abdelkader

Draper-Helm-Maltby/Eaves/May

Leino-Datsyuk-Holmstrom

Bertuzzi-Zetterberg-Cleary

Williams-Filppula-Abdelkader

Draper-Helm-Maltby/Eaves/May

Leino's skating has improved quite a bit but I'm not comfortable having him and Homer on the same line.

4 months is a joke. Fischer wasn't back to 85% until a year and half later. And he never got back to 100%. The good news is that Franzen isn't a super skater in the first place. When he's fully recovered, he should look like he's always looked.

Franzen's hardly a bad skater. I'd put him slightly above average, especially compared to other guys his size.

I'm just thinking out loud here, but now that we're short one bullish powerforward maybe Babs will play Ericsson as a forward on the 2nd PP? In Grand Rapids they played Ericsson as a forward on the PP quite a bit during his first few seasons there. It's not an ideal solution, but he was a valuable presence around the net-- especially as a screen. Of course this would be a rare thing since the PP depth is still strong. I only really think we'd see it if Z and Dats were split on the PP... and even then it'd be one of those once in a few games experiments.

Wow this is bad, 4 months has to be the earliest possible most acl jobs are 8 months to a year.

It is possible it wasn't a complete tear and the four months is an overestimate.

Or maybe not, I know very little about the human body.

*insert sex joke here*