• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
crazy13

With Franzen gone, who would you trade for now?

Rate this topic

since franzen is out who would you guys trade for?

maybe some like alexander frolov or nathan horton?

Any other suggestions?

Nathan Horton for a sixth rounder, heard it here first!

We have to be realistic here, you're not going to get a Nathan Horton w/o giving up a Kindl/Tatar/Ericsson or a 1st/2nd round combo.

Realistically we could get an Alex Tanguay type player

Maybe a dumb question, but I don't look to closely into the Collective Bargaining Agreement, but will Franzen's salary be counted against the cap while he's out?

Obviously not. (as long as hes on long time IR)

Why does there have to be a trade to replace him? He'll be back for the playoffs.

Our record might take a bit of a hit, but to get a player to replace Franzen you have to give up quite a bit. Trading for any other forward that wouldn't replace his offense is a waste. We've got players (Abdelkader, Eaves, May).

At this point I'm not sure it's worth the loss in assets to trade for someone to replace Franzen. Unless he comes back and isn't himself, in which case they could take a run at someone at the trade deadline.

This injury is a huge opportunity for two players-- Leino and Abdelkader. Leino gets to play in the top six for 4 months and make himself indispensable. Abdelkader gets to play on the third line and prove that his excellent rookie season in GR can translate to a good rookie season in the NHL. Time for Abdelkader to prove he's got the NHL scoring touch. :thumbup:

We're just lucky the Wings have the depth to recover from this sort of thing.

I'd really like to see Forsberg if he's healthy enough to go. That would be fricking TIGHT.

Forsberg-Zetterberg-Cleary

Bertuzzi-Filppula-Datsyuk

Helm-Williams-Leino

Abdelkader-Draper-Meech

Lidstrom-Ericsson

Stuart-Kronwall

Ralalski-Kindl

Scratches - Maltby, Holmstrom, Lebda

the only viable option is picking up Shanny who is still mulling over his options.

I doubt it. Shanny was cut by the Devils because he didn't want to play on their fourth line. If he can't make the top six on a team as offensively starved as the Devils he's got no chance here.

I love the Shanny that played in Detroit, but the current guy is an elderly shadow of his former self. I'd have no problem signing him as a depth guy on the bottom two lines, but it seems that he's not happy playing that role.

Won't make any deals for anyone new, we'll see Abby up until Helm is back to 100%.

Lines I'd LIKE to see, as we just lost a first-liner:

Z/Dats/Homer

Leino/Fil/Cleary (maybe Willy instead)

Bert/Abby/Willy

May/Draper/Maltby

Slot in Helm when he's healthy.

I don't see us making any deals at all, since Mule will be back for the playoffs, and we've got guys ready to play in 3rd/4th line roles in GR.

I'd really like to see Forsberg if he's healthy enough to go. That would be fricking TIGHT.

Forsberg-Zetterberg-Cleary

Bertuzzi-Filppula-Datsyuk

Helm-Williams-Leino

Abdelkader-Draper-Meech

Lidstrom-Ericsson

Stuart-Kronwall

Ralalski-Kindl

Scratches - Maltby, Holmstrom, Lebda

No way Datsyuk would be a winger on the second line :P I'll have to assume you meant to put him on the top line as the centre.

Forsberg is a good choice but he's shown strong resistance in the past to signing with the Wings. He's a similar situation to Sundin-- a guy Holland's taken a run at signing in the past that didn't want to move to the Wings for some reason or another (although it's not quite as cut and dry as Sundin-- who rejected a trade to the Wings in 07-08 at the deadline).

Plus Forsberg is healing a stress-fracture on his bad foot that he was playing through in the Swedish Elite League. He won't be ready to play in the NHL for some time. If I had to guess I'd say he'd be ready some time around Christmas...

But let's say Holland signed Forsberg for 2-2.5 million (either straight up or prorated to the time he actually joins the Wings). There'd be some serious maneuvering needed to fit him under the cap when Franzen returns, assuming he's back withing 4 months. In that scenario the longer Franzen was out the better it'd be for the cap (but the tougher it'd be to get him back to his old self).

EDIT:

Also, your lines don't make much sense with Helm on the third and Abdelkader on the fourth. Abdelkader has actual scoring upside, unlike Helm, so it makes no sense to put him below Helm on the lines. Plus, one of Helm's most important skills is his face-off skill, so it makes no sense to put him on the wing at this point.

Edited by Drake_Marcus