• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
DaWingsin071

Biron to Wings?

Rate this topic

Whatever dude. Osgood blows. He owned last year's worst GAA and Save% in the entire league (including all team's backups). Yeah he looked pretty good in the playoffs. But how long can he keep that going? Other than the last game against the Hawks, Osgood has looked terrible this season. This will surely be Osgood's last year in Detroit. THANK GOD for that.

Other than that one game against St. Louis, Ozzie has looked great this season!

Guest gofish

I'd like to see Tuuka Rask in motown way before Biro (wishful thinking)

I hope Larsson gets a shot before they move HOward out of town. Who knows he could be like Mason in Columbus last year.

Edited by gofish

I'd rather give Howard a good shot. it took ages to develop him in minors and make ready

for the NHL - what sense would it make now to dump his chances after just 3 games?

nada.

he might not be future Brodeur or Bobby Lou but he's very cheap and might be perfectly

sufficient to keep the team within playoff picture in tandem with Oz. and when Oz retires

we could have Larsson ready.

Biron is Buffalo school and I like this fact very much. haven't followed him much in Philly

but I can imagine he has the tools to be Wings starter. but it simply doesn't make sense

now. let Jimmy H. have his shot

If he keeps getting rocked when they throw him out there, why keep doing it?

Whatever dude. Osgood blows. He owned last year's worst GAA and Save% in the entire league (including all team's backups). Yeah he looked pretty good in the playoffs. But how long can he keep that going? Other than the last game against the Hawks, Osgood has looked terrible this season. This will surely be Osgood's last year in Detroit. THANK GOD for that.

doesn't matter how he is in the "pre-season" (aka all games leading up April 14th) stat wise as long as he gets some W's along the way... which he did last years "pre-season".

He can play like s*** all year and take us to the finals for all i care... thats what matters most.

last year Ozzie and the wings were better than every other team in the NHL (minus the penguins in 4 games). I can live with that at the end of the night

anyways

Wings>Cloutier>Biron he wouldn't last past a physical in this town

Edited by OsGOD

may.jpg

sabresjersey.jpg

*insert shameless self promotion*

As for Biron, he is like a Manny Legace, minus the depression. He'd be a great number two for the regular season, since the regular season is the only time people get worried about Ozzie's play.

Biron's a good goalie. He has proved that he's an able number one goalie, but wouldn't win the job in half of the teams. He's had two good playoffs in '08 and '09. To say that Biron's worse than Cloutier is ridiculous. He's played better and longer in this league than Conklin and after all, he also would be just a back up for Osgood

BTW, where did this speculation/rumour come from?

ESPN Insider:

With Johan Franzen hurt, and Justin Abdelkader being called up to take his roster spot, any talk of a Red Wings trading for a goalie might be on the back burner, MLive.com writes.

Jimmy Howard has looked suspect as Chris Osgood's backup, so the Red Wings may be seeking a solid No. 2. Meanwhile, the Islanders may soon have three solid goalies.

Mark Spector of Sportsnet.ca writes, "If Rick Dipietro gets anywhere close to healthy, look for Islanders GM Garth Snow to offer either Dwayne Roloson or Martin Biron to the Red Wings.

All the Insider ever does is re-post what local newspapers speculate. Nothing really insider. The bolding is from me. Everything is all speculation based on a few minutes of Howard's one and only game this season.

Edited by CenterIce

All the Insider ever does is re-post what local newspapers speculate. Nothing really insider. The bolding is from me. Everything is all speculation based on a few minutes of Howard's one and only game this season.

Speculation is what keeps internet sports forums breathing.

Guest ZetterbergFourty

recalculation, massive IF here.

Edited by ZetterbergFourty

word that biron is on the block for lebda and unknown quantities was being inferred before we even knew franzen was hurt. hell, i'm pretty sure i read something about lebda to the islanders before we'd even signed may....methinks tsn just after wed's games...