• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
DaWingsin071

Biron to Wings?

Rate this topic

Whatever dude. Osgood blows. He owned last year's worst GAA and Save% in the entire league (including all team's backups). Yeah he looked pretty good in the playoffs. But how long can he keep that going? Other than the last game against the Hawks, Osgood has looked terrible this season. This will surely be Osgood's last year in Detroit. THANK GOD for that.

Great argument (/sarcasm) considering he continues to step up time after time in the playoffs when it matters *for this team.* Yes he struggled last season, but other than that there's nothing to argue with against the success of his overall career. Name another goaltender with as much playoff success that's still playing in the NHL.

Whatever dude. Osgood blows. He owned last year's worst GAA and Save% in the entire league (including all team's backups). Yeah he looked pretty good in the playoffs. But how long can he keep that going? Other than the last game against the Hawks, Osgood has looked terrible this season. This will surely be Osgood's last year in Detroit. THANK GOD for that.

Are you kidding with this statement? So, other than the game against the Hawks you're going to state his performance has been awful in the all of 2 other games he's played in? :lol:

Game one he was definitely not his best, but Oz was beyond solid last night! What game were you watching? So that makes two out of three solid games, but according to you besides the CHI game he's been garbage in that "massive" sample pool you're referring to?

Are you kidding with this statement? So, other than the game against the Hawks you're going to state his performance has been awful in the all of 2 other games he's played in? :lol:

Game one he was definitely not his best, but Oz was beyond solid last night! What game were you watching? So that makes two out of three solid games, but according to you besides the CHI game he's been garbage in that "massive" sample pool you're referring to?

He wrote that before yesterday's game, so his sample pool was the season opener against St. Louis.

Don't post a thread with a topic as if this has already happened; put some punctuation (i.e. a question mark) in there so people don't panic until they read your thread and realize you're speculating.

Thread title = Biron to Wings"?", question mark clearly present...

Lebda, Howard AND a pick seems a bit much for Biron. I mean, he's not THAT much better than Howard would be if Howard avoids total suckage. I know we need to unload Lebda, and that it would probably take a three unit trade to bring Biron, but it just doesn't seem like THAT much of an upgrade to lose so much, but I could be wrong.

I also think this is complete and total speculation being passed off by ESPN as reliable news. When was the last time ESPN broke a rumor that would actually happen (that wasn't posted at TSN or some other place first?)

I'll take Marty Biron over Osgood or Howard any day.

You are silly.

A bit too early to throw Howard under the bus IMO. Wouldn't be against getting another alternative for a backup goalie if the situation presents itself, but now isn't quite the time to throw up white flags regarding this yet.

A long time now, Marty has been rumored to be in the interest of Holland and the Wings. It seems that every year his name comes up, well, I for one, would welcome him here, no offense to Howard, but Biron at least he has veteren experience and has gone to the Eastern Conference Finals before. Probem is, I am not suer if he is too expensive for our cap. With Franzen out, sure, he'll fit, but Franzen will come back around the trade deadline (yet another no move deadline coing up) so we'd have to make room for Franzen. According to capgeek.com Biron makes $1.4M I would think, for Holland, that is pretty expesive for a back up to Osgood, but then again, Howard is not even a good back-up, so if he were traded to the Island that wouls only open up his salary, with u needing aprrox $700,000 more. I dont see how it could happen, without trading away another player.

Biron - $1.4M

Howard - $716,666

Meech - $483,000

...even trading Meech doesn't create enough room for Biron (when Franzen returns.) You'd have to bring up another defensman and Meech makes the least of all the defensemen in the system...

Dunno...

you better pray to another God, because Osgood is signed throught the 2010-2011 season...

A long time now, Marty has been rumored to be in the interest of Holland and the Wings. It seems that every year his name comes up, well, I for one, would welcome him here, no offense to Howard, but Biron at least he has veteren experience and has gone to the Eastern Conference Finals before. Probem is, I am not suer if he is too expensive for our cap. With Franzen out, sure, he'll fit, but Franzen will come back around the trade deadline (yet another no move deadline coing up) so we'd have to make room for Franzen. According to capgeek.com Biron makes $1.4M I would think, for Holland, that is pretty expesive for a back up to Osgood, but then again, Howard is not even a good back-up, so if he were traded to the Island that wouls only open up his salary, with u needing aprrox $700,000 more. I dont see how it could happen, without trading away another player.

Biron - $1.4M

Howard - $716,666

Meech - $483,000

...even trading Meech doesn't create enough room for Biron (when Franzen returns.) You'd have to bring up another defensman and Meech makes the least of all the defensemen in the system...

Dunno...

I strongly believe Franzen will not play in the 2009-2010 season. First, he has an ACL tear, and he is not likely to come back in 4-5 months. Secondly, if he does end up getting cleared to play before the playoffs and if the Wings have a guaranteed playoff spot they are going to try to keep him on LITR as long as possible, and if they can do it till the playoffs, then they can keep Biron or any other player they acquired for the playoffs without worry.

I have to agree about Franzen. . . keep him on LTIR as long as possible to take advantage of the freed-up money. Get him some games right before the playoffs to get his legs back.

I say give Howard 3-4 more starts If he can't muster a win or a very good effort, dump him and go after a solid, veteran backup. Let Larsson develop in GR and write him in as a backup for 10-11.

The morons dissing on Ozzie must be on crack. He may not be consistent in a short period of time, but look at the success of his career. Also, be no worse than a 4 seed and I love Ozzie in goal. He is the man in April/May/June for this team. His record proves it.

Holland and company, I'm sure, have backup plans in place if Howard screws the pooch (as I expect him to). No offense, but I have never been sold on this guy and his lackluster effort against St Louis only reinforced my opinion of him. 3-4 more starts and he's either with us or replaced.