• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
BeeRYCE

Heatley's great start...

Rate this topic

Are you happy or unhappy to see Dany Heatley getting off to a fantastic start? He's already at 5 goals, 5 assists in 10 games tied for the league lead with Ovechkin. Some hate him for demanding a trade... But me personally, I didn't feel a player of his caliber deserved to be in the mess that was the Ottawa Senators.

So I think it's good to see he has developed chemistry in San Jose and he will be battling for the Rocket Richard trophy... True?

He's a top five goal scorer, playing with a top 5 playmaker (maybe even the best). Good for the Sharks, as expected. But he could put up 100 goals this year and still be a ****** for publically demanding a trade then being picky about where he went.

Seems as soon as times get tough or something goes wrong, he demands a trade. I wouldn't put it past him demanding for another trade in a couple of years this guy is pure selfish, putting himself over the team. f*** em. He really f***ed Ottawa IMO.

Guest CaliWingsNut

I personally think the ottawa senators are the assholes here... I mean, how often do you hear about a team bitching about the player leaving? All that drama was caused by ottawa's front office.

I'm glad he's doing well in SJ, but don't have any delusions that 5 goals means he's competing for the rocket.

Are you happy or unhappy to see Dany Heatley getting off to a fantastic start? He's already at 5 goals, 5 assists in 10 games tied for the league lead with Ovechkin. Some hate him for demanding a trade... But me personally, I didn't feel a player of his caliber deserved to be in the mess that was the Ottawa Senators.

So I think it's good to see he has developed chemistry in San Jose and he will be battling for the Rocket Richard trophy... True?

you mean in 5 games ;)

I say good for him. Come playoff time, he might choke with the rest of the team *shrug*

Ottawa is a fustercluck and I do not blame him wanting out. He is a great player and deserves to be somewhere where he can grow.

The whole "Barry Sanders' thing comes to mind.

'Wanting out' and publically saying 'get me out of here' then saying 'well, not there' are two different things.

And Barry was a ******. Faxed his retirement announcement to some Oklahoma newspaper shortly before training camp. Can't blame him for his desire to quit, but his method left much to be desired.

The Eastern Canadian teams (Ottawa, Montreal and Toronto) seem to be the most difficult places for players to be. The fans in Montreal and Toronto are crazy and bloodthirsty (in Detroit at least it takes a 8-2 loss before the fans revert to booing) while in Ottawa the players seem to be always fighting. Their latest incident included Neil and Spezza.

'Wanting out' and publically saying 'get me out of here' then saying 'well, not there' are two different things.

And Barry was a ******. Faxed his retirement announcement to some Oklahoma newspaper shortly before training camp. Can't blame him for his desire to quit, but his method left much to be desired.

Barry Sanders was anything BUT a ******. I'm a Lions fan because of Barry and I didn't even blame how he went out. They were run into the ground by the Ford family and when Wayne Fontes got the boot Barry had just about enough.

Anyways, I have no idea what to feel about Heatley either. He was clearly terrible about it, stringing the franchise along. But the franchise he wanted out of was garbage and its kind of good to see a guy who has so much potential and had started to stall a bit become his old self. Good for the league, yes. Feel good for Heatley, no.

Similarities:

Teams managed poorly...