• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Booster313

Top 3 Former Wings

Rate this topic

We all know that LGW can be nostalgic sometimes even to a fault, so name 3 players who at one time were Red Wings and why you think they would help our current team.

1. Hasek- He's in contention for the olympics so we know he can still compete, he and Ozzie got along great and he could win 15-20 regular season games as Ozzie's 1b backup.

2. Fedorov- I think Sergei could fill in cheaply for the gap that Johan's injury left

3. Kyle Quincey- thought it was a mistake to let him go instead of Meech, look at his offensive upside.

I would put Hossa on the list, because I have always liked him, but due to his surgery and timing of his return he would bring little value at this point.

Definitely Quincey. On paper it sounds awesome to have him taking up Meech's 10-12 minutes.

Question, if Quincey was able to play on the PK, who would go out in his spot? Probably Kronwall right?

EDIT: Oh yeah, I'd like Danny Markov back.

Edited by titanium2

Active players who would be able to help:

1) Marian Hossa (once he returns in late November)

2) Slava Kozlov

3) Sean Avery

Favorite Wings of all time:

1) Steve Yzerman

2) Sergei Federov

3) Bob Probert

Danny Markov is awful in KHL right now so not regrets here. Hudler also shows that he can't be the guy. They play on the same team right now and they lost around 15 out of 20 games in the season by now :) So we have a good chance to see Hudler back next season...

back to the topic. Quincey is the only valuable asset who was given a chance in our system. Mike Green is another story :) However, I still double we would fit well here.

Guest Crymson
Danny Markov is awful in KHL right now so not regrets here. Hudler also shows that he can't be the guy. They play on the same team right now and they lost around 15 out of 20 games in the season by now :) So we have a good chance to see Hudler back next season...

back to the topic. Quincey is the only valuable asset who was given a chance in our system. Mike Green is another story :) However, I still double we would fit well here.

The Wings never owned the rights to Mike Green. The Caps acquired him with a draft pick that the Wings had traded away in the Lang deal. Saying that that trade prevented the team from drafting Green is a longshot.

Marian Hossa

(of course, but my other two picks would probably be easier to fit under the cap)

Kyle Quincey

(so, he turned out to be quite good after all)

Slava Kozlov

(he'd be so nice to have especially now when Franzén's hurt, besides I've always liked him)

Thanks for all the great reply's, I was just bored last night, and yes they should be active or at least alive, I'm all for bringing Sawchuck back but I am not sure the a corpse would stop many pucks at this point. Didn't think about Kozlov but that's a great idea!

as their former selfs....hahaha

ciccarelli.......last time he played it was cut throat hockey....and he thrived.

yzerman....would benefit from no clutching and grabbing these days

konstantinov....laying waste to fellow russian malkin would be top of his hit list

still playing...

hossa

hudler

quincey

1. Howe

2. Yzerman

3. Sawchuk

Duh!!

Ditto. But if it has to be active players. than....

1. Fedorov- Will probably score goals until he's in his grave. Maybe not as many but he can score.

2. Qunicey- I got his autorgraph at the 08 Training Camp.... lol.

3. Lang- I just like his style of play and thought he was a real hard worker for the Wings.