• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#21 T-Ruff

T-Ruff

BAMF

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 11:21 AM

I didn't really think about it much until now but Rita definitely has gotten annoying

SPOILERS if you haven't seen the latest episode (S04E05 - Dirty Harry)

I'm pretty surprised they actually killed off Lundy, I thought there was no way after building up this 30 year lone-wolf vs lone-wolf hunt....

Nice twist at the end, but you had to see something like that coming, they wouldn't have Dexter kill Trinity in the 5th episode

*gonna leave off the spoiler tags now since this is in fact a Dexter thread, but if people complain I'll put em back on

#22 rage

rage

Nicklas ~The World's Best~ Lidstrom

• Silver Booster
  • 3,879 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 11:33 PM

This just in...........NBA Head Coach of the Dever Nuggets, George Karl.........IS THE TRINITY KILLER!!!!!!!!!!!

omg.gif scared.gif

Posted Image

#23 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 08:05 AM

Does look a little like John Lithgow, doesn't he?
Posted Image

#24 Cougar to Falcons to Wings

Cougar to Falcons to Wings

Just Dodged the Draft

• Bronze Booster
  • 20 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 12:45 PM

QUOTE (edicius @ October 28, 2009 - 05:42AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
YES.

She was tolerable before they got married, but now...ugh. Nag, nag, nag, nag. Over EVERYTHING. They've written her into such an unlikeable character.

Deb bugs me in a way too because sometimes, she's just so damned STUPID, completely lacking in common sense. But I still feel bad for her despite all that.

So funny you guys should bring this up. My husband and I were discussing how they've changed her since they got married.
I brought to his attention that most (not all) women tend to become crankier and well, let's just say not so nice, when they have a newborn that doesn't yet sleep through the night. I think they're playing her character a little too close to reality.

Love Deb's character but one of things I didn't like about her storyline was that they kept having her with a different guy every season. Made her out to be a bit of a relationship ****, if you know what I mean. Great that she always says what she thinks and you always know where you stand with her. Waiting to see if they pick up the storyline with her investing her dad's old CI's....

Dexter has become our hero. We were kind of hoping to change his code up a bit and then submit names as possible "projects" to him.

Love the show...

#25 rage

rage

• Silver Booster
  • 3,879 posts

Posted 26 November 2009 - 03:13 AM

Well I just watched episode 9 and WOW......I didn't see those things coming!!

I love the Scene in Arthur's house and Dexter's ride home. It was a very intense scene and reminded me a lot of Season 2, especially the Scene in Season 2 where Dexter head-butts Doakes and Doakes jump Dexter at the police station.

And the last sentence of the episode.....10/10!!

Posted Image

#26 T-Ruff

T-Ruff

BAMF

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 26 November 2009 - 11:53 AM

My mindgrapes exploded after that ending yowza.gif

Great episode, getting to see how twisted Arthur's family is after all and see Dexter snap on him.

It was also awesome that he absolutely did not want to go around the table and say what everyone was thankful for, just before Cody says he's thankful for Dexter. Fitting and clever.

#27 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 01:07 PM

QUOTE (T-Ruff @ November 26, 2009 - 11:53AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Great episode, getting to see how twisted Arthur's family is after all and see Dexter snap on him.

When Arthur dropped the c-bomb on his wife, my jaw just dropped. And then the ending...whoa.

BTW, Rita's a *****. tongue.gif

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!

#28 Rice

Rice

Hank.

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 5,957 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 01:12 PM

Last night's episode was good but last week's was legendary. Man, can't wait to see what happens in the last two episodes.
In a 2005 study published by the journal Nature, researchers at Durham University in England concluded that, across a range of sports, we found that wearing red is consistently associated with a higher probability of winning. The researchers also suggested that red's effect may subconsciously intimidate opponents in athletic contests, especially when the athletes are equal in skill and strength.

#29 T-Ruff

T-Ruff

BAMF

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 08:16 PM

QUOTE (ARice89 @ November 30, 2009 - 01:12PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Last night's episode was good but last week's was legendary. Man, can't wait to see what happens in the last two episodes.

Yup.... especially after those promos at the end yowza.gif

Edited by T-Ruff, 30 November 2009 - 08:17 PM.

#30 Rice

Rice

Hank.

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 5,957 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 01:55 AM

Tonight's episode was fantastic! I can't wait til next week.
In a 2005 study published by the journal Nature, researchers at Durham University in England concluded that, across a range of sports, we found that wearing red is consistently associated with a higher probability of winning. The researchers also suggested that red's effect may subconsciously intimidate opponents in athletic contests, especially when the athletes are equal in skill and strength.

#31 T-Ruff

T-Ruff

BAMF

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 09:42 AM

Loved the ending.... how they walk towards each other in slow motion and stare each other down and "Hello... Dexter Morgan" before cutting to black.....

#32 TheDetroitRedWings

TheDetroitRedWings

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 10:12 PM

One of the best shows on TV. Dexter and Lost for me have been my top two favorites over the past few years. Every time an episode ends, it's so hard to have to wait an entire week for the next episode.

12041887825_d4b1d5c02f_o.jpg

#33 rage

rage

• Silver Booster
  • 3,879 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 07:03 PM

Yeah, just caught the latest episode and it was awesome.

I feel they show to much in the previews for the future episodes. It's gonna suck that once Sunday's episode airs we have to wait another year for a new one. I hate that!

Posted Image

#34 Kira

Kira

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 12:14 AM

Found a copy of the book that the show is based on..."Darkly Dreaming Dexter". Haven't read it yet. But there are four books in the series, so I'll have to be on the lookout for the other three. Good thing I have a rewards card for Borders! biggrin.gif
Posted Image

#35 rage

rage

• Silver Booster
  • 3,879 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 11:17 AM

It's all over tonight except my crying!! lol

Posted Image

#36 rage

rage

• Silver Booster
  • 3,879 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 11:15 PM

Well............

First off, we should all feel bad for calling Rita a *****!! Holy s***!

Second, I thought that there was a good possibility that Trinity would be arrested and not killed by Dexter.

Now, with the death of Rita, the "shock" of finding out who his real Mother and Brother were, how is Dexter supposed to "feel." We all know he has no feelings, so this will be a hard task for him to pull off in Season 5.

Loved the interviews at the end too. Gonna miss Litrow.

What are your guys' thoughts on Season 4 and it's finale?

Posted Image

#37 TheDetroitRedWings

TheDetroitRedWings

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 10:18 PM

QUOTE (rage @ December 13, 2009 - 11:15PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well............

First off, we should all feel bad for calling Rita a *****!! Holy s***!

Second, I thought that there was a good possibility that Trinity would be arrested and not killed by Dexter.

Now, with the death of Rita, the "shock" of finding out who his real Mother and Brother were, how is Dexter supposed to "feel." We all know he has no feelings, so this will be a hard task for him to pull off in Season 5.

Loved the interviews at the end too. Gonna miss Litrow.

What are your guys' thoughts on Season 4 and it's finale?

Thought it was crazyyyy. In fact, just a little bit too crazy. Too many loose ends IMO. Never showing Dexter at the mechanics to sabotage Trinity's car. Absolutely no one wondering why the forensics guy would be in Trinity's garage considering it wasn't even a forensics case. And Rita getting killed was just too over the top. That was the one thing that helped him continue to do what he does. Now he's suppose to keep his life going being a single father??? The only thing I can think is that Deb will move in with him and help out with the kids (especially after knowing what happened to Dex as a kid), but she has a career too, so it's gonna be a big cluster f*** for the most part either way. This entire season was great, and I was definitely going to rank it as one of the best so far. But after that finale I would say this was the worst season of them all. Even the killing of Trinity left a sour taste in my mouth because he basically embraced it. Huge huge let down IMO. But hey at least 11 out of the 12 episodes were great. And I still expect season 5 to be great. But yeah, definitely not happy with this finale.

12041887825_d4b1d5c02f_o.jpg

#38 Kira

Kira

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 12:56 AM

I knew Lithgow was going to wind up as another slide in the box, but I had no idea he was going to kill Rita. Man, that was unexpected. My only question is - how are they going to do Season 5??? I hate having to wait til next September! sad.gif
Posted Image

#39 rage

rage

• Silver Booster
  • 3,879 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 01:06 AM

The way it ended, season 5 could be the last one.

That would be a shame.

Posted Image

#40 rage

rage

• Silver Booster
  • 3,879 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 01:07 AM

OH and Dexter will probably be a suspect in Rita's death. What's his alibi?

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users