• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
diehardredwing19

delmore for meech? anyone?

Rate this topic

hey guys dissapointing, embarrassing loss but just wondering what do you guys think of sitting meech and calling up andy delmore from GR. i mean maybe it wouldnt be a bad thing, he certainly is bigger n has more offence touch n passing skills, i think him n ericsson pairing could do some damaage offensively n defensivley, i mean he cant be worse then lebda or meech....thoughts please...

In his own end, Delmore is the worst defenceman that I've seen play this year (based on the pre-season). Or darn close. And I've watched quite a few games.

After a 6-2 loss, I don't think bringing up a D who can only play offensively is the way to go.

He's easily the worst defensive option we've got. Definitely the best offensive option of all the call-ups, but his defense alone ruined his shot at a sustained NHL career, despite leading the league in PP goals one year.

Nope. Lebda should get the spot. We have enough new-comers on the roster, we don't need to keep adding to that. Wings are still trying to gel, can't do it if you want to keep changing players.

Nope. Lebda should get the spot. We have enough new-comers on the roster, we don't need to keep adding to that. Wings are still trying to gel, can't do it if you want to keep changing players.

Lebda should get his ass traded. That guy is the weak link in the D. I don't know if Kindl is ready yet (he sounded a season away from the training camp reports).

Guest micah
True - however do you honestly believe Meech is better than Lebda cause I certainly don't...All that hogwash of "well Meech can also play forward" is just that...Hogwash!

This. Versatility is nice and all, but I don't think sucking at two positions is all that much more valuable than sucking at one.

After seeing two or three guys in the Buffalo game walk right around Meech before scoring, I would say something needs to be done... That is obvious... but Delmore is no better defensively... bring on Kolosov!!

Meech needs to come out of the lineup... he decent offensive player, at best, but in a 6th or 7th defenseman, you need a guy who can play defense, and Meech has proven time and again, nearly everytime he plays, that he may be the easiest D-man to beat one-on-one. Although not much of an upgrade, Lebda at least has the speed to catch up with the play when he gets beaten.

Even Kyle Quincey is better in his own end than Meech. Which is the big reason I knew they let the wrong guy go...

For all the criticism Lebda and Meech are deservedly getting, keep in mind that Ericsson has played like crap so far this year. We don't have anyone to call up that's significantly better than Lebda/Meech, let alone good enough to carry an underperforming Ericsson. We either need to change up the pairings to try to get them going, or play the top four 28 minutes a game.

When he was paired with Chelios, Lebda actually looked like he belonged in the NHL. Same when he was paired with good Ericsson in the playoffs. Basically, with a reliable partner, he's fine for the 3rd pair. Put him with Kronwall, and Ericsson with Stuart, see how that works.

He's easily the worst defensive option we've got. Definitely the best offensive option of all the call-ups, but his defense alone ruined his shot at a sustained NHL career, despite leading the league in PP goals one year.

Leading the league in PP goals? That's for defensemen I assume...?