• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

wingsownnhl43

Tomas Holmstrom and more

Rate this topic

What are your initial thoughts on him so far this season?

Alot of people, including me, were pretty hard on him in the offseason. I still am holding to my thoughts that he looked like absolute horse manure in the post season and actually hurt us when he was on the ice, but maybe he was hurt because he hasnt looked to bad so far.

Secondly, Ive thought Bertuzzi has looked relatively solid. Yeah, he needs to produce more, but I think the Datsyuk, Z, Bert line could be pretty solid as the season rolls on.

Third. I dont understand why people on here are already pushing the panic button. As wings fans, we should know more than most, that its when you put it together is what matters most. The talk that the Wings are in a transition year is outrageous. Remember the Penguins were 24-23-5 at one point last season. Translate that to post-season, and thats 24-28.

We went through quite a bit of change in the offseason, growing pains are expected. With that said, the nucleus of this team is still intact. This team is still as much of a contender as anyone. We will get Franzen back, and also, this is a year that we will likely be active at the deadline. This team still should be feared.

Edited by wingsownnhl43

Ninety-Sux cost us the first two goals last night. He stinks during 5 on 5 play. Everyone on here is catching onto that fact. Just took a little shock treatment to get everyone to start watching him.

in homer's defense, he apparently had 3 separate injuries in the playoffs last year, which may explain the piano that was tied to his ass. he hasn't been as bad as playoffs, but like Z and D, i won't miss him at this point when he's gone.

as far as the organization, the wings don't rebuild, but in all reality this year may be accurately referred to as a transition year. the wings won't be getting by on pure skill like they did last year by simply outscoring teams and playing swiss cheese defense and goaltending. it's only 5 games into the season though we should all remember. atleast the wings aren't 0-5-1 :rolleyes:

Guest Lidstromboli
Ninety-Sux cost us the first two goals last night. He stinks during 5 on 5 play. Everyone on here is catching onto that fact. Just took a little shock treatment to get everyone to start watching him.

Yzerman5.jpg

Wow, you are truly an idiot. He wasn't on the ice for the first goal, we were on the PK for that goal. In the second goal against us he was on the point where he should be, covering #10. He is not a defensive forward. In the third goal against us he wasn't on the ice either.

He is -1, the same as Datsyuk. I guess that makes Datsyuk a terible forward as well. I wouldn't accuse the leading scorer on the team of costing us goals, he's just not a defensive forward.

Holmstrom has been completely and utterly awful, he has been a pitiful excuse of a NHLer hell even an AHLer it's been a completely travesty and waste of my good time to watch this horrible display of hockey.

The same goes for practically everyone else on the team they've all played like a god **(#$ abortion.

I'm not exaggerating at all.

Wow, you are truly an idiot. He wasn't on the ice for the first goal, we were on the PK for that goal. In the second goal against us he was on the point where he should be, covering #10. He is not a defensive forward. In the third goal against us he wasn't on the ice either.

He is -1, the same as Datsyuk. I guess that makes Datsyuk a terible forward as well. I wouldn't accuse the leading scorer on the team of costing us goals, he's just not a defensive forward.

Watch the game again. Watch who's on the ice while the other team is cycling and draws the penalty. Yep. You guessed it. Ninety-Sux. The guy stinks 5 on 5. Watch the games, bro.

But there were six goals scored last night. Why aren't we hanging more players out to dry? This is a team and the sooner you get that through your Pittsburgh Penguins helmet, the sooner you will start making sense. Any thread featuring Homer turns you into a gremlin feeding after midnight. Go back to LetsGoPens.com....they miss you there.

People must be new to this team. Five games, and people around here are practically jumping off buildings! Slow starters. In the 26 years I have been watching them, I can count on one hand at the amount of times they had a good fast start. You can call it whatever you want, not hungry enough, nothing to prove, short summer, etc...

Bottom line, is if Lidstrom, Datsyuk, and Zetterberg aren't performing to their abilities; this team won't win!

It's comical to me that Homer leads the team in goals. Because, I love him, but he has been brutaallll so far. Turnovers the puck pretty much every time he has it, he cant move fast enough to get a hit in anymore, but none of that matters to the coaches because he's producing, it's been a weird start to the season to be sure.

Bertuzzi is lazy and he sucks.

Holmstrom's time is almost up.

Lidstrom is slowing down and ultimately costing us $7.45 million.

Williams still plays the Bluejackets system and still dumps it in regardless (why do you think we got rid of his ass the first time?)

Lebda and Meech both need to shape up fast or they'll be gone.

Brad McCrimmon (our defense coach) is a liability for our struggles (Coaches don't play the game, but tell the players what to do, positioning, ect. No excuses, fire him. He doesn't know how to coordinate a Red Wings caliber hockey team, which explains why he was replaced in other organizations. Not to mention our PK troubles...when did this start? Last year when Todd McClellan left and McCrimmon came in).

Edited by Winged_Wheeler

Holmstrom is our top scorer. Stop this madness.

There in itself lies the madness.....

He's 'OK' (and I'm being generous) when he stands in front. But, ala Bert, he gets in the way of passes from Dats to Hank. Just play those 2 forwards - everybody else is just getting in the way.

Guest gofish

I'm tired of seeing homer hack some pass in the neutral zone, or just throwing it in the corner on a dump in. He isn't good enough to play in GR in reality. He is the Chelios of the offense this year.