Sign in to follow this  
esteef

Wednesday's Practice & Injuries update

Rate this topic

Mlive Wings' practice Update

Kronner not too serious it appears.

"October 14, 2009, 1:50PM

DETROIT -- Update from Wednesday's practice:

Pavel Datsyuk did not skate due to an unspecified upper-body injury sustained in Tuesday's 6-2 loss at Buffalo. Coach Mike Babcock said Datsyuk and defenseman Niklas Kronwall (leg), who also didn't skate, were being sent for tests.

Kronwall said his injury isn't significant, just a precautionary move to stay off the ice. He expects to play Thursday vs. Los Angeles.

Chris Osgood will start in goal Thursday. Babcock said forwards Kris Draper and Kirk Maltby and defenseman Brett Lebda will return to the lineup."

esteef

Edited by esteef

Mlive Wings' practice Update

Kronner not too serious it appears.

"October 14, 2009, 1:50PM

DETROIT -- Update from Wednesday's practice:

Pavel Datsyuk did not skate due to an unspecified upper-body injury sustained in Tuesday's 6-2 loss at Buffalo. Coach Mike Babcock said Datsyuk and defenseman Niklas Kronwall (leg), who also didn't skate, were being sent for tests.

Kronwall said his injury isn't significant, just a precautionary move to stay off the ice. He expects to play Thursday vs. Los Angeles.

Chris Osgood will start in goal Thursday. Babcock said forwards Kris Draper and Kirk Maltby and defenseman Brett Lebda will return to the lineup."

esteef

I'm glad to see Drapes back - those faceoff's are SO key, people don't even realize... that is SUCH a huge part of puck control...

Guest micah

I'm not happy to hear that Dats is hurt, but I'm happy to hear thatthere may be a reason for his lackluster start. he's supposed to be one of the game's great offensive stars, his numbers this year sure don't refglect that.

I can see this being a long, frustrating season. I've actually been wondering if Datsyuk had previously sustained some injury, because he's been completely uninspired so far this season.

Guest mindfly

This team is so banged up its not even funny....

Tomorrow we'll hear "kronwall to miss entire season with broken back"

Edited by mindfly

I can see this being a long, frustrating season. I've actually been wondering if Datsyuk had previously sustained some injury, because he's been completely uninspired so far this season.

i was wondering the same thing, dats just doesn't look right out there so far not being able to hold on the puck forever like he usually does and some uncharacteristic giveaways. Kronner is probably just a bit sore after that huge collision with kaleta :)

this is starting to remind me of what happened to the Stars last season. They lost key players early on (Morrow, Zubov) and never caught up with who they had left. It cost Tippett his job -- wrong move in my opinion. It wasn't Dave's fault.

Anyway, I am praying for health for our guys. Losing Mule was bad enough, but if we start down a road of injuries of any duration at all, it's going to be a major hurdle to overcome.

I know they get three months off after each season, but even that much time may not be enough to recover from the incredible strain on their bodies. I remember watching some reality show of Hell Week for SEALs and there were guys who had the heart and ability to go through the exercises but their bodies were just too badly beaten.

Just when I thought Kronwall was backing off from delivering those hits because of his tendency to injury. Maybe he should leave those hits to May... isn't that one of reasons why Wing's got May???

time to sign someone

Nope. Just time to bench some of our crappy, overpaid players (Rafalski, Holmstrom).

If you guys haven't started watching how bad Rafalski is for this team, start. This guy isn't worth 2 million a season, let alone 6. He's week in the corners, slow in transition, and a big ZERO in team leadership/inspiration. The guy has power play value, but his 5 on 5 effectiveness is in the minus category. I wish the Wings could unload him first. He's a waste of money.

Guest Four

Datsyuk has been injured for a while, I'm surprised they waited until now to make up an excuse. Expect him to be more than "day to day".

Nope. Just time to bench some of our crappy, overpaid players (Rafalski, Holmstrom).

If you guys haven't started watching how bad Rafalski is for this team, start. This guy isn't worth 2 million a season, let alone 6. He's week in the corners, slow in transition, and a big ZERO in team leadership/inspiration. The guy has power play value, but his 5 on 5 effectiveness is in the minus category. I wish the Wings could unload him first. He's a waste of money.

And some members here feel the same way about you...

Anyways...

This is going definitely be a year of the unexpected as this is a totally different team and the central is even more important now.

Edited by Rivalred

did anyone come into this season in game shape and prepared?? seriously... between all of our skilled players being next to invisible and the injuries left and right, i'm actually starting to worry, and i usually don't.