• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Snazzy

Amazing goal by a 9 year old...

Rate this topic

If I remember correctly, Jason Williams could do that too.

I'm trying to find video of it (and failing miserably), but I swear to you, I remember a few years ago they were showing Williams doing that when he was here last go around...

Well it's amazing that a nine year old could do it, but honestly ever since Hisey did his version it's been a very popular move for younger kids to try and execute. Personally I've dedicated many breakaways in order to master it as well. Anyways Kudos for the kid!

I'm trying to find video of it (and failing miserably), but I swear to you, I remember a few years ago they were showing Williams doing that when he was here last go around...

Yeah, I remember that.

But really, this move is nothing special anymore. It really doesn't take that long to master. A 9 year old doing it is still somewhat impressive though.

Jason Williams does this a lot. If I can remember I can post it later, but I believe it was posted a while back, if you do a search. It is one thing for a 9 year old to do it, or Jason Williams to do it in practice, but to do it in a game (for 2 points), you better not screw up, or you will hear it from the coach.

I remember during the 02 finals Don Cherry was showing him doing it during the Wings practice.

I remember distinctly Williams doing an on-purpose whiff shot during an OT shootout last year for the BJs....

I remember distinctly Williams doing an on-purpose whiff shot during an OT shootout last year for the BJs....

Yeah, that was against Toronto. That was a thing of beauty, I tell you.

Guest GordieSid&Ted
Whoa.

It never ceases to amaze me how good some people are at this game. I've played most of my 32 years on this planet and for as long as I can remember, based on my skill set I have been told the same thing over and over.

Block shots, clear pucks, hit everyone, stick up for you mates, get the hell off the ice

Let's just say nobody would've ever asked me to take a turn in a shootout.

I think if I even attempted that move, i'd likely trip over my stick and go barreling into the goaltender to the raucous laughter of anyone who witnessed it.

ps: The goalie reaction is just awesome. Too funny.

also, didn't Hisey go between the legs? a bit tougher version of that trick if I remember right.

Edited by GordieSid&Ted

also, didn't Hisey go between the legs? a bit tougher version of that trick if I remember right.

Yeah.

Hmm Hisey also manage the Michigan hockey goal over in the Premiere league.

I love lacrosse goals :)

At the age of 9, if I knew that move existed, I'd be practicing it in my backyard or at hockey practice consistently, then I'd be a YouTube sensation too...