• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
TheWestWing

7 on 4 hockey

Rate this topic

"The last time we saw this was during Game 3 of the Stanley Cup finals when the Pittsburgh Penguins had six skaters on the ice for 21 seconds. Pittsburgh would end up winning that game 4-2. "

...Bastards.

Referees: Dave Jackson, Marc Joannette

Linesmen: Pierre Champoux, Brad Kovachik

Can I add them to my fantasy team?

These guys are obviously destined to be the team for the Finals this year.

I like that every game highlight clearly shows seven guys there. Counts them, numbers them, shows a frozen frame.

At some point, maybe egg-in-the-face will, like, make a difference. Right.

Hal Gill was the seventh man, but he was in the penalty box until his penalty ended. That means with the penalty to the Habs, they still were able to get six guys out there once they pulled their goalie. They had too many men on the ice before Gill even left the box.

Haha, this is classic. Tho I don't think there have been any rule changes for this year, the NHL Officials site has the 2008-2009 rulebook on its site. NHL.com has the current.

And has the officials site always been part of the nhl network? Dont think it was previously. All they need is the NHLPA to complete the pkg :nhl_crach:

Guest Four
Hal Gill was the seventh man, but he was in the penalty box until his penalty ended. That means with the penalty to the Habs, they still were able to get six guys out there once they pulled their goalie. They had too many men on the ice before Gill even left the box.

Unless is was a match penalty, in which it would have been 5 on 5, plus pulled goalie. I dont know how aves had 4 though.

Unless is was a match penalty, in which it would have been 5 on 5, plus pulled goalie. I dont know how aves had 4 though.

Gill came out at 19:22, Tucker at 19:45. So it was 7on4 then 7on5. I read that someone came off the bench for Gill but Gill never went off the ice tho haven't confirmed.

Well the league at least acknowledged it. From their 'official' game report

post-4124-1255733377_thumb.jpg

Which shows 6 on ice when Gill blocked a shot at 19:34 and then suddenly 7 on ice at 19:47 (Tucker came outta the box for COL at 19:45, so meebe they thought 'hey, if they have another we should have another'. Course it is NHL keeping the stats, so who knows?

Edited by TheWestWing

Guest Four
Gill came out at 19:22, Tucker at 19:45. So it was 7on4 then 7on5. I read that someone came off the bench for Gill but Gill never went off the ice tho haven't confirmed.

That is also another good explanation.