• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

10/17 GDT: Avalanche 4 at Red Wings 3, (SO)

Rate this topic

This will be a close game, im liking that Abs-Helm-Eaves line for tonight.

5-4 Wings Win

Abdelkader, Helm, Bertuzzi, Cleary, Leino

GO WINGS!!!!!!!!

On Mlive it said Eaves would be pulled so May can play tonight. I do not think we are playing with the lines we practiced with.

And if this goalie kid for the Avs is as good as we think he is, our guys have got to screen him a helluva lot more than they've done in front of other goalies this season.

At 28 years old, Anderson isn't all that young, he's just never gotten the respect and appreciation he deserves until this season. With that said, he played very good for the Panthers last season. Here's a little piece regarding his play in Florida:

"During the 2007–08 season, Anderson set the NHL records for the most saves in a shutout (53) and most saves in consecutive shutouts (93). During the 2008–09 season, Anderson recorded 15 wins for the Panthers as they battled (but ultimately failed) to qualify for a playoff spot."

wings 5 (last being empty netter with under 50 seconds to play)

avs 4 (last happening in the 2nd-last minute of play)

You don't pull a goalie if you're tied. You pull a goalie if you're down by one to tie it up.

Just FYI.

You don't pull a goalie if you're tied. You pull a goalie if you're down by one to tie it up.

Just FYI.

lol, yeah....sorry, i'd been up for around 24 straight hours when i improvised that little exchange. clearly its not a real life scenario....

now, the bit about lemieux and d-mac....totally true. i saw it in a vision (again...severely sleep deprived here)

besides, if i were to honestly guess the game with no preference shown either team, i'd have to say it'll be a much lower scoring game than what i suggested.

(for the record, didn't hitch pull a goalie in a tied game during the last minute of play when he was flyers coach? i could swear i remember that happening)

May has a complete mental breakdown and jumps Wolski. In the ensuing scrum, jumps the coach from behind the bench, then on his way out, jumps the lone Av fan in the stands, pulling him over the railing and beating him all the way down the tunnel into the locker room.

At 28 years old, Anderson isn't all that young, he's just never gotten the respect and appreciation he deserves until this season. With that said, he played very good for the Panthers last season. Here's a little piece regarding his play in Florida:

"During the 2007–08 season, Anderson set the NHL records for the most saves in a shutout (53) and most saves in consecutive shutouts (93). During the 2008–09 season, Anderson recorded 15 wins for the Panthers as they battled (but ultimately failed) to qualify for a playoff spot."

Or maybe he didn't always perform like this good before? Maybe he wasn't that good before? A late bloomer maybe? A change in the way of practice or some saving technique? Found that confidence which had been lost? Every year there are these older goalie breakouts. Small changes can make big difference in goalkeeping. Nicklas Backstrom is a perfect example. He wasn't always that good, you know.

Edited by Finnish Wing

Or maybe he didn't always perform like this good before? Maybe he wasn't that good before? A late bloomer maybe? A change in the way of practice or some saving technique? Found that confidence which had been lost? Every year there are these older goalie breakouts. Small changes can make big difference in goalkeeping. Nicklas Backstrom is a perfect example. He wasn't always that good, you know.

That's not the case here:

2006-07 Florida Panthers - 2.21 GAA, .931 SV%

2007-08 Florida Panthers - 2.25 GAA, .935 SV%

2008-09 Florida Panthers - 2.71 GAA, .924 SV%

Personally, I'd say those are respectable numbers, especially when you consider that he had to play behind a team like the Panthers that were rarely, if ever, considered a contender.

Screening the goalies isn't the issue. Keeping the puck in the offensive zone long enough to set up the screen is the issue.

?

Ummm. So first we keep the puck in the offensive zone and then we screen, ok? Whenever it should happen, it should happen.

Damn, it appears Game 2 of the ALCS will not be pushed back to tomorrow because of weather, so I won't be watching the Wings game. Here's hoping they win big in my absence.

Gotta wonder why they didn't play this game during the day, even with all the college football games. Then again, I haven't checked the weather and it could be just as crappy during the a.m. hours as latah.

GO, ANGELS!!

Damn, it appears Game 2 of the ALCS will not be pushed back to tomorrow because of weather, so I won't be watching the Wings game. Here's hoping they win big in my absence.

Choosing baseball over hockey.

:thumbdown:

You have chosen... poorly.