• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Lamothe

Lilja's Status

Rate this topic

I know Lilja was placed on long term IR to start the season, but I wanted to know if anyone has heard any updates on him since? I've read a few articles of him being optomistic, but it seems the doctors are shooting down his return at every chance he gets. I was hoping to see him back as soon as possible, however I'm beginning to wonder if maybe he'll be out for the entire season... Or could this be an end to his career, Eric Lindros II?

Personally, if he has been out this long with recurring headaches, I dont see him coming back. I will certainly miss him though and will be ecstatic if he can come back.

x2

Edited by The Mule

Guest mindfly

Lilja's status: F*cked for life, Career is likely over.

Edited by mindfly

Come on, it was a freak accident. You don't expect anyone to be injured when you hit them in the head.

That is true, but Weber is still the one that did this to Lilja and it's hard not to hate him for what he did. I'm sure he felt/feels bad about what happened and did not intend to hurt him but that doesn't change anything if Lilja can't come back to play.

I'm not bashing Lilja and I desperately want him back, but he was stupid to get into that fight in the first place. There was nothing to prove in that game. It was a stupid move on so many levels. And by that I mean, I absolutely don't hold anything against Weber. There was nothing dirty about it and again, I'm more pissed at Lilja for getting into the fight in the first place.

I think we'll see him back though...

Edited by gcom007

Come on, it was a freak accident. You don't expect anyone to be injured when you hit them in the head.

:lol: that one rates highly on the unintentional comedy scale. Or maybe it's just late. I knew what you meant though.

My personal gut feeling is that Lilja's done, which is a damn shame.

Problem is that even if we do get him back, he'll likely fall or get bumped somehow and it'll reaggravate his injury so it's even worse. For how long it has gone on, it's probably that kind of injury.

time to let him go and get quiency back

Wings will never dump a player who got hurt playing for them, number one. Not that kind of club, thankfully.

As for Quincey, doesn't sound to me as if he's interested in the Wings anymore.

Give me a ring, but don't call me...

Edited by puckloo39

I talked to Andreas at camp and I asked him what the prognosis was. He answered, "we'll see".

Remember it took Patrice Bergeron in Boston about a year to get back from his concussion, so I'm holding out hope that he might have that same time frame. I'm patient and I'll wait, but I also miss him big time.

Remember it took Patrice Bergeron in Boston about a year to get back from his concussion

Yeah, it usually takes about a year to recover from. If he's not back by late Feb./early March, then I'd be concerned.

Yeh.... I guess that is why we have May. So another Wing isn't put out of commission. So no matter how bad May plays he is still needed because you certainly don't want Ericsson fighting.

I wonder if a May vs Weber fight is on the fight card schedule??????????

LOL... that sounds like a real professional fight..... May vs Weber.

I talked to Andreas at camp and I asked him what the prognosis was. He answered, "we'll see".

Remember it took Patrice Bergeron in Boston about a year to get back from his concussion, so I'm holding out hope that he might have that same time frame. I'm patient and I'll wait, but I also miss him big time.

Similarly, it took Brad Stuart about a year to come back from a concussion earlier in his career. He's fine now, though, so that's probably the best we can hope for with lilja :(. I'm hoping we can get him back sometime around Christmas. He's apparently still working out, so hopefully he's kept his conditioning up as best he can.

Yeh.... I guess that is why we have May. So another Wing isn't put out of commission. So no matter how bad May plays he is still needed because you certainly don't want Ericsson fighting.

You do realise there are such things as fights where people dont get injured? Theyre called 99.9% of fights.

I want Ericsson fighting, because hes pretty good at it.

Something that hasn't been said-

Even when his brain is healed enough for him to return to full contact, he's not played a game in nearly a year now. He's out of the loop, so to speak and I would imagine he'd spend some time in GR for conditioning purposes and then may be a healthy scratch more than a few times once he's back to the big league unfortunately. By the time he's fully ready to go, if all goes well, will be next season.

This wasn't Shea Weber's fault. If it wasn't him, then it would've been someone else. I believe Lilja had an existing problem that went undiagnosed until after the Weber fight which exacerbated it and caused it to be a real problem.

When doctors saw his scan that night, they pretty much ruled him out for the season and probably more. This was just never told to the media.

You do realise there are such things as fights where people dont get injured? Theyre called 99.9% of fights.

I want Ericsson fighting, because hes pretty good at it.

"It's a lousy way to make a living". Ken Daniels pretty much says it for me.

He said that, or something very close to it after May's last fight with McLeod.

Couldn't agree more.

"It's a lousy way to make a living". Ken Daniels pretty much says it for me.

He said that, or something very close to it after May's last fight with McLeod.

Couldn't agree more.

He said its a "hard" way to make a lving. Slightly different to lousy.