• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest blueadams

thoughts on the new lines for the road trip?

Rate this topic

Guest blueadams

zetterberg-datsyuk-holmstrom

leino-filppula-williams

cleary-draper-bertuzzi

may-helm-maltby

abdelkader

eaves

lidstrom-rafalski

kronwall-stuart

ericsson-lebda

meech

osgood

howard

larsson

i really, really don't like that third line. i really, really dont like that we're keeping pav and hank together with such little depth. if its me, im going something like...

flip-pav-homer

leino-hank-clears

bert-helm-jwill

may-draper-malts

get a net presence on all three lines (homer, clears, bert), a secondary scorer/puck handler (flip, leino, jwill), and a great two way center (pav, hank, helm). might be best to have flip center the third line...but we just cant have him on the third line the way hes playing.

I do not like that 3rd line at all. We still have two more of less good wingers but Draper is not the guy to center them. Put Abdelkadel, Helm in there. That's not perfect either but still both would be much better than Draper.

FWIW, my NHL10 lines (with injuries)

Z-Pavel-Bert

Cleary-Flip-Leino

Homer-Helm-Williams

May-Draper-Eaves/Maltby

Lids-E

Raf-Kronner

Stuart-Lebda

LOT different at 100%

Franzen-Dats-Bert

Homer-Z-Cleary

Leino-Flip-Helm

Williams-Draper-Eaves/May

Lids-E

Raf-Kronner

Lilja-Stuart

Edited by Wings_Dynasty

All I would do is switch Draper and Helm.

flip-pav-homer

leino-hank-clears

bert-helm-jwill

may-draper-malts

Who has chemistry? Flip and Leino, Pavel and Hank. Split them all up? Put Datsyuk and Filppula together, both of them primarily playmakers? Homer isn't exactly a sniper despite his 4 goals.

Those lines might be worth trying at some point if the team is doing very bad, but for now there's no reason to not keep the 2nd line together as they've been great, and put Dats and Z on the first line to give us a lot of firepower.

I'd switch Williams and Cleary, Draper and Helm, then I think they would be just about perfect.

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Holmstrom

Cleary-Filppula-Leino

Williams-Helm-Bertuzzi

May-Draper-Maltby (Abdelkader)

There you go, Babs. Please stop trying to force chemistry with players who don't have any, also, keep Cleary in the top-six.

Guest blueadams

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Holmstrom

Leino-Filppula-Cleary

Williams-Helm-Bertuzzi

May-Draper-Maltby (Abdelkader)

those lines are beautiful.

All I would do is switch Draper and Helm.

Who has chemistry? Flip and Leino, Pavel and Hank. Split them all up? Put Datsyuk and Filppula together, both of them primarily playmakers? Homer isn't exactly a sniper despite his 4 goals.

Those lines might be worth trying at some point if the team is doing very bad, but for now there's no reason to not keep the 2nd line together as they've been great, and put Dats and Z on the first line to give us a lot of firepower.

100% agree with you. Hank and Dats need to be given some time back together to get the scoring going. Yes it would be nice to spread out the depth at times, but I think right now Detroit needs to pick up the offensive production, so going with what we know works is the best approach. The second line has been just fine and will get better. 3rd and 4th lines can be jumbled a little bit to find our best energy and shutdown line.

100% agree with you. Hank and Dats need to be given some time back together to get the scoring going. Yes it would be nice to spread out the depth at times, but I think right now Detroit needs to pick up the offensive production, so going with what we know works is the best approach. The second line has been just fine and will get better. 3rd and 4th lines can be jumbled a little bit to find our best energy and shutdown line.

Thats why we should split up hank and pav... the production they put up isn't completely lights out like it once was... but maybe it will work who knows... that third line looks awfully weak though... bert with draper and cleary... i see no production coming from that line.

zetterberg-datsyuk-holmstrom

leino-filppula-williams

cleary-draper-bertuzzi

may-helm-maltby

abdelkader

eaves

i love the 1st line, at times those three together have contended together as the best line in the league.

the 2nd line should be interesting for sure... williams on the 2nd line? i guess we shall see

as for the 3rd line,

ive always felt that cleary is a top six guy, but draper centering bertuzzi and cleary might actually work drapers speed and cleary and bertuzzi's net presense, but i am a bit surprised @ this line.

4th line looks good.

Wow, Babs is experimenting a bit here. I am curious to see how Drapes will perform with some decent players next to him, he doesn't leave the 4th too often. Our 2nd line is clicking right now, and when Pav finally gets rolling the 1st should be dominate as it normally is.

Does anyone else think that this road trip is exactly what we needed!!

I have this feeling this trip will help the team gel. With all of the sloppy play and what not, I think the main problem is the fact there is so many new face in the line up. This is exactly what happened in 2006-2007 season!

I think this is the trip were the Wings will have the rookie dinner, which is a tradition. I'm not sure what day they will do the dinner, but since they are in Phoenix, I bet it was today.

I just think this trip will go along way in helping this team get there wheels under them.

I do like the line changes! Again I think it has alot to do with the longer trip and less distractions as well!!

Thoughts???

In some ways I really don't mind seeing Draper get some third line minutes. I think last year's production is a little midleading. I still believe he can be an effective third line cnetre in this league. I think the fact the Wings were so stacked up front last season, and Zetterberg and Datsyuk were split which only furhtered the depth down the middle, pushed Draper down the depth chart and his numbers suffered. He still has great speed, wins draws, plays effectively at both ends of the ice and matching him with Cleary and Bertuzzi cuold work out as they'll crash the net and create soem space out there. Even though at first glance I didn't particularly like this line the more I think about it the more I think it makes sense. Draper has never been a highly skilled forward. He gets his points by crashing the net and getting those junk goals. Matchign Draper with Bertuzzi and Cleary, who crash the net hard and work the puck down low, could be just the right match up.

It is still weird seeing Williams on the second line but let's give credit where credit is due. The line of Leino - Filppula - Williams has done very well and deserves the opportunity. Williams has 5 points through 7 games (granted some are from playing the point on the PP) and deserves the ice time he'll get tonight.