• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
creedie

Who has the best hockey mask?

Rate this topic

Guest ZetterbergFourty

There is a mask I've seen MAF wear that I'm quite impressed with, it's not one he wears all the time or it may have just been that once, gonna see if i can find a pic of it.

Found it, it's a really s***ty couple pics but all i could find atm.

MAF Mask

I like the simplicity of the mask. Number on one side, team logo on the other. This mask is deadly simple, but I like it.

Edited by ZetterbergFourty

There is a mask I've seen MAF wear that I'm quite impressed with, it's not one he wears all the time or it may have just been that once, gonna see if i can find a pic of it.

Found it, it's a really s***ty couple pics but all i could find atm.

MAF Mask

I like the simplicity of the mask. Number on one side, team logo on the other. This mask is deadly simple, but I like it.

That was typically the mask he'd wear when the Pens wore their baby blue throwbacks.

I think the goalie lifting the cup in June has the best mask...

Toskala and Kiprusoff have cool looking masks. But both suck as goaltenders.

Still don't understand why most people think Kipper SUCKS. The guy played +75 game seasons. God, give him some rest. You'll see this season (if he plays normal amount of games) that he'll rise back to the top again. One of the most funniest comments was someone saying that he doesn't even deserve to be a starter. I mean LOL?

Guest Lidstromboli

from the gallery i'd say:

clemmensen, brodeur, quick, biron

Edited by Lidstromboli

they're all the same sort of jumbled mess to me. the only really busy one I particularly like is Huet's. other than that Brodeur, Biron, and Luongo have classy masks.

Edited by kook_10

Guest ZetterbergFourty

Howard's is pretty creative and I like the idea of the speedometers and the "D" on the mouth, that actually looks like a Dodge Ram on there and not a Mustang, but what ever happened to his one featuring the Wings of the logo and the octopus??

Edited by ZetterbergFourty

Lundqvist wears my favorite mask, but for some reason, they opted to exclude him from the poll, so I went with Cam Ward. Toskala and Quick have nice masks too, though.

A lot of them have so much going on and such fine detail it's hard to see what you're supposed to be looking for in these images. With that in mind, I'm giving the edge to the simple designs like Brodeur's, Biron's, Toskala's, and Luongo's. I also like Emery's and Chris Mason's (very clever) a lot too.

Agree. I mean, I guess it's nice that you want to pay tribute to your home country, your adopted country, your four kids, your six favorite movies, your nickname, the city you play in and your team's logo, but when you do it all at the same time, don't expect anyone to be able to tell what the hell they're looking at.

I really like Quick's because it's painted like something else you wear on your head, which is kinda cool. Although they're the Kings, not the Knights, so WTF. Honorable mention to Luongo's just from that gallery.

Cheevers is the best all-time IMO, so I always liked Steve Shields' tribute:

14942d1228872124-official-gear-sitings-2008-2009-steve-shields.jpg

I never really actually looked at Howard's, it's a sweet concept. A speedometer with the retired numbers... Sick.

wow i was wondering why the numbers were weird on first look but didn't even think about it and moved on...i didn't realize til i read your post what the numbers on the speedometer were for lmao, so thanks.

I always liked Biron's "Gaston the Lumberjack" mask during his Philly days.

martin-bironloucapozzola.jpg

Also, help me figure out why in hell Luongo isn't wearing his "Johnny Canuck" mask, instead resorting back to the bland, boring white mask from a few years ago.

36ae7052f859be234f28e5622623c8b4.jpg

Edited by Hockeytown0001