• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
creedie

Who has the best hockey mask?

Rate this topic

I gotta say Brodeur's is in a class of it's own out of those masks. Simple, elegant, goes perfectly with the team colors.

Luongo's is also kinda cool.

And I agree with whoever said Lundqvist has a nice mask. Don't know why they went with Valiquette instead, who has one of the worst in the league.

Howard's is pretty nice too. Just hope we don't see too much of it ;)

Almost all of them are really overbusy IMO. I'm no goalie but if I was I'd want something seriously old-school with simple bold colours. I see something like Grant Fuhr's mask or Brodeur's before he changed it a season or so ago being an ideal model in that regard, something with the team's colours but not oversaturated with stuff like my favourite food or brand of toilet paper slapped onto the sides of it.

Edited by Cern

Almost all of them are really overbusy IMO. I'm no goalie but if I was I'd want something seriously old-school with simple bold colours. I see something like Grant Fuhr's mask or Brodeur's before he changed it a season or so ago being an ideal model in that regard, something with the team's colours but not oversaturated with stuff like my favourite food or brand of toilet paper slapped onto the sides of it.

Yeah, but if they had an MST3K themed mask you'd eat that right up. (I would)

Hell, I'd settle for an Aqua Teen Hunger Force mask! Maybe one done up like Carl's car with Carl on one side and Shake holding the keys on the other?

Edited by Drake_Marcus

Yeah, but if they had an MST3K themed mask you'd eat that right up. (I would)

Hell, I'd settle for an Aqua Teen Hunger Force mask! Maybe one done up like Carl's car with Carl on one side and Shake holding the keys on the other?

I have no idea how you'd be able to integrate MST3K into a hockey mask in the first place... o_O

I have no idea how you'd be able to integrate MST3K into a hockey mask in the first place... o_O

Paint it really, really badly then have the shadows of mike and the bots along the chin with mike pointing at the face.

Definitely some cool ones so far. Here are some of my favorite of all time (past and present).

1) Even though he is really, really bad - I love Vesa Toskala's mask:

toskala.jpg

2) Again, not the best tender, but Garth Snow's TEAM USA mask always stuck out to me as pretty cool:

MSgallery55.jpg

3) Mike Richter's cage. Classic:

richter.jpg

4) Mike Vernon's Detroit mask - simple and clean:

verndet.jpg

5) Kinda a weird pick, but I loved Joseph's when he was here in Detroit:

joseph6.jpg

6) Going back a bit - Gary Bromley's bucket looks cool as hell:

15-Gary-Bromley-Maskvan.jpg

7) What's a "great goalie mask" thread without a Johhny Bower "Bay Window" mask mention:

bower.jpg

8) All time winner - blowing away all competition -- The Thunder Bay Bombers net-minder:

youngblood%202.jpg

9) Last but not least is a guy not yet in the NHL, but will look clean as hell when he is -- our own Thomas McCollum:

12.jpg

There is a mask I've seen MAF wear that I'm quite impressed with, it's not one he wears all the time or it may have just been that once, gonna see if i can find a pic of it.

Found it, it's a really s***ty couple pics but all i could find atm.

MAF Mask

I like the simplicity of the mask. Number on one side, team logo on the other. This mask is deadly simple, but I like it.

You won't find too many pics of it because he got injured the first game he wore it, he hasn't worn it since and probably won't wear it ever again!

Toskala's mask is probably my favorite, though the old school masks will always be the best in the creepy department.

plante1.jpg

Edited by Free_Candy

I'm surprised nobody mentioned John Vanbiesbrouk's mask hasn't got a mention in this thread (or at least what I see). So many people thought it looked so badass in Florida... I honestly think I'm the only one who thought it was ugly.

Howard and Quick have the best, IMO.

Howard because it's all Detroit (Mustangs, tachometer with retired numbers, gothic D on the front), and Quick because it's simple, related to the feudal concept of his team, and just all-around badass looking.