• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

KrazyGangsta

Players That Are Wasting Space

Rate this topic

Which players do you guys think there wasting space on the roster? Why and who would you replace them by?

My pick is Maltby ... why? ... 10 mins of play tonight 4 mins of penalty. His old time to retire bud. (Replace ... Helm Adkel Eaves ... etc.)

LEBDA MUST GO ... why? ... Do i really need to explain? (Replace with Kindl)

Edited by KrazyGangsta

Holmstrom during 5v5 play, penalty that led to the first goal. Keep him fresh for the PP.

Lebda is just an abortion, he scored a goal and still managed to be the worst player on the ice that takes a very particular set of skills...

Other then that we need more Brad May.

Lebda got a lucky goal tonight, but his decision making is really sub-par and it cost us the game tying goal.... Meech is a downgrade from him... I'd rather take a chance with Delmore or Janik and just see how they do... it can't be much worse by this point...

forwards are good - people need to back off Maltby - he's played the best he has in 5+ years this season and has earned his ice time...

Lebda got a lucky goal tonight, but his decision making is really sub-par and it cost us the game tying goal.... Meech is a downgrade from him... I'd rather take a chance with Delmore or Janik and just see how they do... it can't be much worse by this point...

forwards are good - people need to back off Maltby - he's played the best he has in 5+ years this season and has earned his ice time...

He got his goal by coming deep into the zone. Problem? He's a defenseman and he doesn't skate fast enough to get back into position when he doesn't score the goal and more often than not, he's not scoring goals. He causes so many odd man rushes going the other way when he does this and it drives me insane.

The entire roster is playing lazy, uninterested hockey. They are making lazy passes, lazy to clear the zone, aren't racing to the puck, they entire team is blah right now. I can't call out any one player, I've seen crappy, unusual plays from ALL of the players. Yes, including Zetterberg, Lidstrom, Helm, Osgood, Kronwall... all of them!

Of course LGW has it's favorite whipping boy(s). I'm not jumping on this bandwagon.

The entire roster is playing lazy, uninterested hockey. They are making lazy passes, lazy to clear the zone, aren't racing to the puck, they entire team is blah right now. I can't call out any one player, I've seen crappy, unusual plays from ALL of the players. Yes, including Zetterberg, Lidstrom, Helm, Osgood, Kronwall... all of them!

Of course LGW has it's favorite whipping boy(s). I'm not jumping on this bandwagon.

Are you sure it isn't because of their penises, as you always point out?

I for one know that Lilja is not to blame for any of this. He's the only light right now in this dark tunnel. That man has never turned the puck over in a big game like these other shmucks.

Can't wait till he returns.

Are you sure it isn't because of their penises, as you always point out?

I for one know that Lilja is not to blame for any of this. He's the only light right now in this dark tunnel. That man has never turned the puck over in a big game like these other shmucks.

Can't wait till he returns.

:huh:

Maltby is tied for 2nd in goals, tied for 4th in points, leading the team with Lidstrom in +-, and he's only played 6 games. He's also been effective on the PK and has 1 SH goal, and of course he can agitate the opposing team just as well as he could 10 years ago.

I blame Osgood for letting in a goal in a situation the entire Red Wings team put him in.

I take that back, Osgood put his team in that situation for not scoring a goal on the empty net they never kept their lead long enough for. Jesus Christ guys. He is being paid 1.6 mil to be the determining factor on if the team wins or not? Does anyone else see something wrong with that picture?

Just a question - but does anyone think that the loss in Game 7 last year is still playing on the minds and bodies of the players during this current season? We went all the way like Pittsburgh, but came out empty handed. Also less rest time than the other teams in the league. I'm not trying to use it as an excuse, just that it must be such a blow to the players to go all that way, and end up losing.

Plus the fact that we let so many players go this off season, including a very capable backup (Conks). I'm not sure what the answer to all this is - so I'm not going to even try to come up with one (and get ripped! :rolleyes: ). I just wanted to see what other people's opinions were.

Just a question - but does anyone think that the loss in Game 7 last year is still playing on the minds and bodies of the players during this current season? We went all the way like Pittsburgh, but came out empty handed. Also less rest time than the other teams in the league. I'm not trying to use it as an excuse, just that it must be such a blow to the players to go all that way, and end up losing.

Plus the fact that we let so many players go this off season, including a very capable backup (Conks). I'm not sure what the answer to all this is - so I'm not going to even try to come up with one (and get ripped! :rolleyes: ). I just wanted to see what other people's opinions were.

Not really, because outside of the year they won the Cup, they have been playing like this since the '06-07 season.

Guest Four

f*** it, let's just roll with..

Datsyuk - Filppula - Leino

Zetterberg - Lidstrom

Stuart

..all night.

Which players do you guys think there wasting space on the roster? Why and who would you replace them by?

My pick is Maltby ... why? ... 10 mins of play tonight 4 mins of penalty. His old time to retire bud. (Replace ... Helm Adkel Eaves ... etc.)

LEBDA MUST GO ... why? ... Do i really need to explain? (Replace with Kindl)

Maltby has been exceptionally well for this team so far this year overall. It's approaching retirement time for him soon regardless, but I don't mind him.

1. Osgood. Yikes enough said.

2. Lebda. He just = fail.

3. Our defense. Fancy passers, but no one can actually play defense.

While Osgood let in a bad goal in OT, Osgood overall hasn't been bad either. Who would you trade him for? Which goalie(s) available would you get then?

Franzen. The guy is practically invisible out there.

:D

I wouldn't mind seeing Lebda get the boot, but still overall in the postseason he's done fairly well for the most part as a 3rd d-man.