• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Aussie_Wing

10/23 GDT: Abbotsford @ Grand Rapids

Rate this topic

Abbotsford Heat (4-1-2-1) @ Grand Rapids Griffins (1-4-0-0)
7:00 pm EDT

large_griffins06.jpg

The Grand Rapids Griffins will finally make their long awaited home debut when they take on the Abbotsford Heat. The Griffins will be looking to snap a 4 game losing streak when they begin their 3 games in 3 nights stand. The Griffins have played the least amount of games in their division and are currently sitting last with a mere 2 points. Abbotsford are 3rd with 11 points. Perhaps concerningly for the Griffins, Abbotsford have scored the second most goals in the league with 29, the Griffins joint last with 11. All signs point to a dangerous match-up but being at home for the first time should help.

A lot has changed since the Griffins last took to the ice. Veteran NHL centreman Michael Nylander will make an unusual Griffins debut as he attempts to get into game shape. His presence could be a nice boost to a young team. The Griffins have also acquired Patrick Rissmiller on reassignment by the New York Rangers. Both are expected to play tonight. Tomas Tatar finally made his debut in the last game and had an assist and was +1. He was on a line with highly skilled prospects Mursak and McGrath. The lines are hard to predict as are the scratches, hopefully no Detroit prospects sit it out. Lastly, Newbury and Williams need to produce.

Projected lines:

Ritola - Newbury - Williams
Axelsson - Nylander - Tardif
Tatar - McGrath - Mursak
Rissmiller - Emmerton - Pare

(Walsh/Vigilante/Lemieux/Crosty)

Kindl - Janik
Kolosov - Delmore
Piche - Ehrhardt

(Pyett)

Larsson
McCollum

Individual Leaders:

Goals: Axelsson, Delmore (2)
Assists: Ritola, Janik (2)
PIM: Newbury (22), Crosty (12)
Plus/Minus: Ehrhardt, Janik (+2)

Notes:

* Nylander will debut and Rissmiller is also a chance.
* The Griffins have conceded a massive 14 goals from their past two games.

TV/Radio:

Internet stream: Pay-per-view: AHL Live
Grand Rapids Radio Broadcast: Wood Radio
AHL Scores page: Scores

Griffins Live might be streaming the game live...although AHL Live is free tonight so maybe he wont bother :lol:

AHL Live better not black me out...

Oh man, I was so excited when I heard they'd be broadcasting the game Oon AHL Live. However immediately after I thought the same as you, I bet they'll black me out. <_< Ah well, at least we might have a fall-back plan now...

At least we should have a few people watching the game tonight though, would love to finally get some reports on how the boys are looking. Love all the feedback we get after the home games.

Oh man, I was so excited when I heard they'd be broadcasting the game Oon AHL Live. However immediately after I thought the same as you, I bet they'll black me out. <_< Ah well, at least we might have a fall-back plan now...

Hopefully so. The commonwealth shall watch the AHL Live!!

Pretty good performance, especially after a real shaky start.

Was surprisingly impressed with Pyett actually. Looked good on the PP. Mursak being out on the ice at the end of the game protecting a 1 goal lead goes to show how far he's come in a season. Love his speed, hands and shot.

Ritola goal and assist, very good. Could be playing NHL on another team right now. Axelsson had chances galore in the 1st, and Tatar looked sharp.

Nylander, after a rusty start, was great!

I was hoping to catch this game but I got up in other things, so I was wondering if their was anywhere I could rewatch this online?

Mursak has just as many goals as last season (even if one was EN), his confidence is hopefully shooting up and he will break out... I hope.

"Those $1 beers was probably a bad idea." as everybody in the crowd chucks their mugs on the ice haha

The glow mugs were definitely a bad idea. The liquid vials broke when the mugs were thrown. Glowing green ice was the result. I'm still trying to clean it off my skates.

Even so, it was an entertaining game. Ritola, McGrath and Tatar looked especially good. Welcome back, Boyz!

For those who watched the game on AHL Live or listened on the radio, was anything said about why Axelsson left the game?

He played well in the first period, and then he was just gone. I don't recalll a hard hit on him.

I was hoping to catch this game but I got up in other things, so I was wondering if their was anywhere I could rewatch this online?

Mursak has just as many goals as last season (even if one was EN), his confidence is hopefully shooting up and he will break out... I hope.

Yes, I can give you a link. You'll have to message me on MSN since the link only temp works. You'll beable to watch the whole game, just won't beable to reopen it after a few mins.