• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
3chrisosgood0

Do you like bashing Brett lebda?

Rate this topic

i think its pretty obvious credit for the goal should go to Datsyuk who made the play

anyone here who plays hockey or can skate coulda layed that one in the net

as i see it lebda needs to start putting up 30 a year to make up for all the give aways and bad plays

he starts scoring 30 + a year ill say im wrong

but i dont see him breaking 10

Ya he scores a goal and than turns it over to give Phoenix a goal....which pm cancels out so all together he didnt score and he is negative something as usual

exactly and maybe its just me as i was tired at the time of the goal and maybe not all there but he just looked so care free about tapping it around to the wrong player

I don't know if people here remember that he is just the 6th/7th defenseman on the team. What do you really expect?

Probably don't expect your 6/7th defenseman to be on the ice for all of the opposing teams goals for instance.

Guest Lidstromboli

i guess everywhere forgot the unwritten rule that all 6th/7th defensemen have to suck

Guy scores a goal and this is how we celebrate. I can't in good conscience join your little group.

Guy scores an even-strength goal and still manages to finish -1 in a 2-3 game.

That's Andy Delmore impressive.

The only thing keeping me from calling for Lebda's head is he had a similar abysmal start last year and ended up turning it around.

I've seen this fella at the bar, and he needs to cool it down in the off-season.

i guess everywhere forgot the unwritten rule that all 6th/7th defensemen have to suck

Yep. That doesn't apply to the Leafs though, instead they have 6/7 defensemen who suck.

Did you guys think we could have Lilja out for a year and not feel any consequences? Lebda is what we have to live with until he returns, if he returns.

Yep. That doesn't apply to the Leafs though, instead they have 6/7 defensemen who suck.

Did you guys think we could have Lilja out for a year and not feel any consequences? Lebda is what we have to live with until he returns, if he returns.

Before last season did anyone think we'd be saying this about Lilja? No. And if you think you did, you're wrong because no one did. Lils turned it around, and Lebs did as well from the start to finish of last season. To single him out as the problem is an exaggeration.

Furthermore I don't understand why everyone thinks that Lils coming back will magically solve all the defensive problems. He's been out like 8 months, and when he's/If he's reinserted into the lineup, he's gonna need some serious readjustment time to get his game going again. He's not gonna magically pop back up into the same form he was before the injury. My guess though, It's been this long...He's not coming back...sadly.

Bret Lebda has been solid (for his pay scale). Heck, he even scored a HUGE goal yesterday. I'd be more concerned about the team as a whole than a 6th dman who gets paid pennies on the dollar compared to other defensemen in the League. Lebda has been fine.

Edited by MrVman

Guy scores a goal and this is how we celebrate. I can't in good conscience join your little group.

One goal means nothing. Lebda still blows.

I don't know if people here remember that he is just the 6th/7th defenseman on the team. What do you really expect?

Competency. He thinks he's the 4th forward when he's on the ice, turns the puck over, and is in terrible position far too much. Chelios was a 6th/7th defenseman. He did not blow.

Bret Lebda has been solid (for his pay scale). Heck, he even scored a HUGE goal yesterday. I'd be more concerned about the team as a whole than a 6th dman who gets paid pennies on the dollar compared to other defensemen in the League. Lebda has been fine.

Either there is a "Bret" Lebda that I haven't seen, which may be who you are referring to in the rest of your post----or I have never been more thankful that any one person is not in the Wings scouting department. Brett Lebda is the worst defenseman in the NHL, regardless of what he is paid. The whole "pay" argument is stupid anyway-- these are supposed to be professionals. It's not like we hired a McDonald's drive through guy for the 6th d-man spot, and thus, the money and the player are a good value. He blows regardless of his pay.

Either there is a "Bret" Lebda that I haven't seen, which may be who you are referring to in the rest of your post----or I have never been more thankful that any one person is not in the Wings scouting department. Brett Lebda is the worst defenseman in the NHL, regardless of what he is paid. The whole "pay" argument is stupid anyway-- these are supposed to be professionals. It's not like we hired a McDonald's drive through guy for the 6th d-man spot, and thus, the money and the player are a good value. He blows regardless of his pay.

Okay, I see what you did there. You are attacking my entire post because I left out a "t" at the end of Bret(t)'s name. Very clever indeed... you are the Jedi!

Keep up the good work.

Edited by MrVman

I blame Ericsson for the game-tying goal as much as I do Lebda. Lebda should be able to rely on support behind the net when being pressured in that type of situation. Ericsson was caught playing too high.

This is more of a chemistry issue than a "this person sucks lets make a facebook to express that" thing. Its still early in the season and Ericsson is a new face in the nhl. Its going to take time for Lebda and Ericsson to mesh, assuming that they stay paired together. Unfortunately this is usually what training camp is for.

Okay, I see what you did there. You are attacking my entire post because I left out a "t" at the end of Bret(t)'s name. Very clever indeed... you are the Jedi!

Keep up the good work.

No, I'm not attacking your post because you left that out. I made a single smart ass comment because you left one T out. Overall, I attacked your points because you (for some unknown reason) think Brett Lebda is serviceable.

Brett Lebda is a fine player for his pay scale. He'll never be a Lidstrom or a Niedermayer solid-type dman, but he is a fabulous 6th dman that can jump up in the play and can skate. For those who think Lebda is really "that" bad should watch other 6th defensman around the league, they'll make Lebda look like an MVP in comparison.

Edited by Viking_Erection

so with swine flu geting schools closed i have more time than i need

which is what inspired me to make my very own facebook group entitled Brett Lebda sucks

yes if you wanna bash him join my group and we can unite as red wings fans

http://www.facebook.com/search/?q=brett+le...4781&ref=nf

JOIN!

Unite as Wings fans by joining a group expressing out hate for one of them. lol wut?

:thumbdown: