• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
haroldsnepsts

Darcy Tucker taken off ice on backboard

Rate this topic

I'm not going to say "you hate to see anyone injured" because thats not true. Tucker has been cheap-shotting and pulling this kind of s*** his whole career.

Karma is a *****.

"I'm watching him move his his TWO right arms"

haha

Anyways I agree I didn't look that bad, but he droped quick. Generally hate to see anyone hurt but hopefully he can get back soon... although he should check out that arm thing. Nasty.

Edited by Nhurdi

Wow he looked messed up laying there on the ice with the trainer.... still holding his stick in one hand. He definitely wasn't all there mentally at that point. Brutal.

Head injuries scare the s*** out of me... that kind of stuff can haunt you forever.

"I'm watching him move his his TWO right arms"

haha

Anyways I agree I didn't look that bad, but he droped quick. Generally hate to see anyone hurt but hopefully he can get back soon... although he should check out that arm thing. Nasty.

I think I had a Captain Kirk doll like that growing up. Made it a ***** to hold a phaser in his left/other right hand. ;)

Sounds like Tucker is ok, but will not play tonight. Ruutu is a buttmunch, but it wasn't like this was Tootoo being his usual dickish self and trying to hurt someone. I will also agree that Tucker has done this to other players PLENTY in his career, so perhaps karma did come calling. Glad he seems to be ok, regardless.

Regs,

Jeff

Guest Shoreline

I'm not sure Tucker was conscious when his right arm was moving, as the doctor had to suppress it down to the ice. Nonetheless, even though Tucker himself is a rather dirty player, the 3 game suspension Ruutu received is not enough for a blatant late hit and stupid+dangerous hit to the head. Ref quickly had his arm up noting a penalty and I'm sure Ruutu was rightfully thrown out. There's just no excusing this.

Edited by Shoreline

Tucker got stitches from when his face hit the ice, he is concussed and from what I read will be out of action for at least 10 days.

Ruutu on the other hand was assessed a major penalty for boarding a game misconduct, will forfeit $59,067.36 in salary and is gone till Nov. 1.

Anyway's glad Tucker is okay.

@ SliderJeff - Captain Kirk is the man! Even with two rights... beware of the CHOP!

I don't see how that wasn't "that bad".

Tucker's back is to Ruutu the entire time. That was careless and he should be suspended for it.

You DON'T hit someone when their back is to you on the boards like that.

We all see that it was stupid thing to do, and that Tucker's back is to Ruutu throughout the whole time. What I meant was that the collision itself didn't seem to be severe.

I don't see how that wasn't "that bad".

Tucker's back is to Ruutu the entire time. That was careless and he should be suspended for it.

You DON'T hit someone when their back is to you on the boards like that.

Hockey is a violent sport.

Tucker shouldn't have put himself in such a vulnerable position.

Ruutu had no malicious intent.

Or do those arguments only hold up if the right name is on the back of the sweater?

That's what happens when you hit everything with the puck. Also, malicious intent is a big deal, because if a player has the intent to hurt other players (Pronger) they should be dealt with much more harshly than players who are very aggressive, but don't attempt to injure other players. Scott Stevens was a similar way. Didn't try to hurt players. He tried to commit destructive body checks. Doesn't mean he should be suspended for it.
Edited by haroldsnepsts

Or do those arguments only hold up if the right name is on the back of the sweater?

I've already stated that Ovechkin's hit on Briere was dirty.

But once again you don't understand my point and are attempting to bash me on multiple threads to prove your point.

Grow up.

For the record I consider hits from behind much more dangerous than "slew foots" because this is normally what happens. A player gets severely injured.

Edited by Doc Holiday

So it is a players responsibility to make sure that someone doesn't purposely take a run at him from behind. It's not like he was skating with his head down through the neutral zone. Ruutu didn't just run into him. He cocked his shoulders back and drove them into the middle of Tuckers numbers. Was it an intent to injure, probably not, I can't read his mind and his body language didn't show it, but there should be a suspension for ALL hits of that nature!

I've already stated that Ovechkin's hit on Briere was dirty.

But once again you don't understand my point and are attempting to bash me on multiple threads to prove your point.

Grow up.

For the record I consider hits from behind much more dangerous than "slew foots" because this is normally what happens. A player gets severely injured.

How am I bashing you? Good lord you are sensitive.

I'm trying to point out the inconsistencies in your reasoning.

So now you're saying it's the result that matters? Because before it was malicous intent. And several of Ovie's questionable hits could have easily had the same outcome as the one on Tucker. A turn a certain way, a fluke fall... then the guys carried out on a backboard.

Edited by haroldsnepsts

So it is a players responsibility to make sure that someone doesn't purposely take a run at him from behind. It's not like he was skating with his head down through the neutral zone. Ruutu didn't just run into him. He cocked his shoulders back and drove them into the middle of Tuckers numbers. Was it an intent to injure, probably not, I can't read his mind and his body language didn't show it, but there should be a suspension for ALL hits of that nature!

No, I'm with you. I was using Doc's reasoning in another thread.

How am I bashing you? Good lord you are sensitive.

You are carrying on an argument from another thread. If you want to argue my points from that thread then stick to that thread. Don't bring it into multiple ones.

I'm trying to point out the inconsistencies in your reasoning.

Too bad you haven't so far.

So now you're saying it's the result that matters? Because before it was malicous intent. And several of Ovie's questionable hits could have easily had the same outcome as the one on Tucker. A turn a certain way, a fluke fall... then the guys carried out on a backboard.

When did I say the result? I have continued to say that hits from behind are dirty when the hitter has an ample amount of time to let up(citing Ovechkin's hit on Briere as an example).

Pay more attention.

You are carrying on an argument from another thread. If you want to argue my points from that thread then stick to that thread. Don't bring it into multiple ones.

Too bad you haven't so far.

When did I say the result? I have continued to say that hits from behind are dirty when the hitter has an ample amount of time to let up(citing Ovechkin's hit on Briere as an example).

Pay more attention.

Oh, are you a mod now?

You're hilarious. Your position shifts like the wind, so long as you can keep up your smug debates.

In the future I hope to reserve discussions for people who actually care about hockey more than arguing for arguing's sake. You can go back to polishing your debate trophies, I'm done here.

Oh, are you a mod now?

You're hilarious. Your position shifts like the wind, so long as you can keep up your smug debates.

In the future I hope to reserve discussions for people who actually care about hockey more than arguing for arguing's sake. You can go back to polishing your debate trophies, I'm done here.

My position is clear. A hit from behind is dirty. Ovechkin's hit on Briere was dirty.

End of story. Goodbye.