• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Drake_Marcus

Who has the WORST goalie mask?

Rate this topic

Let's go guys-- tell me who has the worstest mask in the whole universe. Hand-painted minor league masks by children are eligible. I remember at one point that my brother asked me to airbrush his mask when we were kids just because I enjoyed painting toy soldiers (and still do-- 'cause I'm a NERD)... the problem? I'd never airbrushed anything before. We killed that little project at the design stage. :lol:

We'll have a NHL category (prospects will count here too) and a minor category that lets us sneak some really goofy stuff in... like the next mask I found on a blog post about bad masks:

palin1.jpg

WTF? Really? Politicians on your goalie mask? Unless that's Palin's daughter's mask it's just stupid. That is an excellent airbrush job by the artist, though, just a silly concept.

And here's the scariest thing I found searching google images:

367929929_4e4dddca59.jpg

Oh, and this one makes baby Jebus cry:

VAN-Sanford-Front.jpg

Obviously the third one is Vampire Gandolf, which makes perfect sense. Geez.

The first one above is definitely the worst, others around the league that I just flat out don't like are Ray Emery's mask that displays a boxer, and Khabibulin's mask featuring two regurgitating pelicans and a clock tower. Giguere's Terminator Duck is just dumb also.

Osgood's mask sucks too. He could at least scribble on it with whiteout or something.

The first one above is definitely the worst, others around the league that I just flat out don't like are Ray Emery's mask that displays a boxer, and Khabibulin's mask featuring two regurgitating pelicans and a clock tower. Giguere's Terminator Duck is just dumb also.

Osgood's mask sucks too. He could at least scribble on it with whiteout or something.

:lol: Regurgitating pelicans. Classic.

I thought the third one was David Lo Pan from Big Trouble in Little China or something... which would be equally mind boggling.

Actually, that would be a pretty sweet mask. Lo Pan with his minions... or just this guy:

6899_512x288_manicured__4Fvaq9u480SuH5YsTDHWXQ.jpg

I thought the third one was David Lo Pan from Big Trouble in Little China or something... which would be equally mind boggling.

Actually, that would be a pretty sweet mask. Lo Pan with his minions... or just this guy:

6899_512x288_manicured__4Fvaq9u480SuH5YsTDHWXQ.jpg

There ain't a mask big enough for that.

I agree with Osgood's mask being the worst. Its actually terrible and I cant stand that he still wears the circa 1980's cage. Johnson's mask as the backup in Pitt is also pretty bad. I mean, I love Zeppelin as much as the next classic rock fan but its a bit over the top

Guest gofish

john_grahame2.jpg

dont know what year, but john grahame from carolina. combines piss poor airbrushing with nascar. wow

The Thrasher's goalie has Rikku from Final Fantasy 10 on his mask. That's hilarious.

I think that's actually pretty damn cool. If he had Tidus, Wakka, Kimhari and Yuna on there as well, it would be epic win.

Woh-- the Hollywood one and NASCAR ones look terrible to me. Yikes.

The Nascar one is terrible, as well as the "Vampire Gandalf" LOL

The Kings/Hollywood one isn't too bad of a paint job, plus as others have said, the theme fits.

Also, who the hell would get Sarah Palin painted on their cage?? (And I'm not even talking anything remotely political, more about relevance to anything)

If I had to guess I'd say it's some sort of political fundraiser or centerpiece of some sort and not an item designed to be worn on the ice. Unless the GOP have a shinny league. :lol:

Also, who the hell would get Sarah Palin painted on their cage?? (And I'm not even talking anything remotely political, more about relevance to anything)

Probably had more to do with the whole "hockey mom" theme than anything.

On Ersberg's LA mask, I just didn't like that the mask was completely covered with film, looked kinda goofy to me. Here's my new candidate for worst mask -

johan-hedberg.jpg

Hedberg's mask shape and cage are just painful to look at, not to mention the "Indiana Moose" at the bottom. I know his nickname has always been the Moose, but that's a little silly IMO.

Edited by Hockeytown0001