• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

favourite player growing up...

Rate this topic

Dougie G

Jeremy Roenick

also had my dads students (Al Iafrate, Pat Lafontaine and mike modano) who kinda got me excited about hockey :) Not to mention Al's dad laid our concrete backyard patio in our old house

And my soon to be in-law... John Vanbiesbrouck

Edited by OsGOD

This is seriously frightening, but I can't remember being a fan of one particular Red Wing.

I think this has to do more with age than anything, but the only person I really remember standing out as what I would consider a childhood hero was Bobby Orr.

I loved Fedorov, Shanahan and Yzerman, of course. Shanahan was the first hockey poster I ever put up on my wall.

I also remember making my mom buy me my first jersey- Fedorov. The only size the store had in his jersey was XL and it was huge on me (still is) but I didn't care and made her purchase it immediately. She tried to convince me to wait and told me we could look somewhere else for a smaller size but I needed it right then. I did not have any patience as an 11 year old (I still don't). It's all old and worn and still huge but I continue to wear it around the house because I have so many memories with it.

This is a really happy topic. I like it. :)

Edited by Eizzo03

Steve Yzerman and Mario Lemieux, The Red Wings and Penguins were my two favorite teams growing up. My dad was from Pennsylvania and my Mom from Michigan, so I had chances to watch both teams. Wings will always be my favorite though.

This is seriously frightening, but I can't remember being a fan of one particular Red Wing.

I think this has to do more with age than anything, but the only person I really remember standing out as what I would consider a childhood hero was Bobby Orr.

I'm sort of in the same boat. I started to going to games pretty young and since my family never played or were fans I became a fan of who was in front of me. At that time it was Reed Larson and John Ogrodnick.

Good Lord, did absolutely everyone here grow up in the 80s?

My favorite player growing up? Gordie Howe. Yup. Watched him, met him, kissed him, would have kissed his feet and sacrificed a goat if I had the opportunity. He had god status in our household.

Hockey: Steve Yzerman

Baseball: Alan Trammell

Football: Barry Sanders

Basketball: Joe Dumars

Obviously, my favorites are the heart and soul players of Detroit sports.

Baseball: Cal Ripken Jr

Football: Orlando Pace and/or Eddie George. I always liked Jim Lachey too.

Basketball: I don't really follow basketball.

Baseball: Cal Ripken Jr

Football: Orlando Pace and/or Eddie George. I always liked Jim Lachey too.

Basketball: I don't really follow basketball.

I like your choice of the Iron Man. His streak is one that will absolutely never be broken. He was such a classy and clean player and one of the best at shortstop ever. :thumbup: