• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Echolalia

Any News on Tatar?

Rate this topic

Today is supposedly when they decide whether he stays in the AHL or moves down to the OHL.

Personally I hope this kid stays in the AHL. He seems capable of playing at this level, and the competition should only drive him to be better. I'm also slightly worried about losing him to a European league if he gets sent to the OHL ala Ryno and Grigorenko (and to an extent, Hudler can be included in that list as well).

Just from what I've read, it sounds like he is going to be sent to the Whalers to get major minutes instead of 3rd/4th line minutes.

I don't think we have anything to worry about in regards to a grigs situation. You have to remember this kid chose to play NA hockey.

I think Tomas should stay in GR, yeah he could go down to the O put up some big numbers but would that do him anygood? From what I have seen so far he looks like he can contribute in the A and whats more he looks like a player who is older than his years, and if

the Wings have anymore injuries would they have the nerve to throw him in for a few games? I really believe that Tatar is going to be a steel for the Wings and I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him a Wing before he's 20. The higher brass signed him to a 3 yr deal early for a reason we shall wait and see what happens. In all likeliness he'll spend some time in the O as the Griffs do have a deep roster on the forwards, unless they shop some guys, Tomas will be a Whaler, but stranger things have happened.

Looks like my boy is here to stay then. 10 games in, can he still go to the O?

Looks like my boy is here to stay, man. :lol:

Last night he had 2a. Tonight? 1g 2a. Note that all of those assists are primary assists as well.

So that's 1g 4a in the last two days. 5pts in 2 days as the youngest kid in the AHL? Sounds like Holland's decision to keep him in GR was a smart one.

This kid is already climbing up the points list on this team and he's played 5 less games than the team has!

http://griffinshockey.com/news/stats/

Tatar just continues to impress. :thumbup:

Tatar is playing so much better then I expected. Not only does he have great vision, but tenacity along the boards is something that has surprised me. He is very feisty which is great to see in a young player(dare I say European at that :ph34r:). All I can say is I cannot wait until he starts to fill out, we very well might have a diamond here.

Tatar is playing so much better then I expected. Not only does he have great vision, but tenacity along the boards is something that has surprised me. He is very feisty which is great to see in a young player(dare I say European at that :ph34r:). All I can say is I cannot wait until he starts to fill out, we very well might have a diamond here.

Agreed. The fact that Holland is fast-tracking this kid speaks volumes in my opinion. Remember that once he's played the full 4 seasons in the AHL he's got to pay in the NHL or hit waivers. So Holland's obviously confident this kid will be an NHL'er at or before his 22nd birthday.

Strong +/- too. This kid isn't even 19 yet and he's holding his own in the AHL, and with plenty of time to develop under a Red Wings' caliber system. I'm salivating right now. The kid absolutely needs to fill out though. He might be able to get away with that size in the AHL but the NHL is a totally different game.

Edited by Echolalia

Rissmiller is the weak point to his line. I may be a little biased against him but it seems like he constantly turns the puck over but he is always on the scoresheet. I think if they could add Emmerton or Axelsson to that line they would be lights out. Or if Abby comes back throw him in their.

Right now he's on a line of Tatar-Rissmiller-Mursak.

What if they tried Tatar-Emmerton-Mursak? Or is that too much skill on one line?

Ask and you shall receieve! They are now on a line and...

Tatar (4), Mursak, Emmerton

:siren: SICK, SICK play by Mursak.

Ask and you shall receieve! They are now on a line and...

Tatar (4), Mursak, Emmerton

:siren: SICK, SICK play by Mursak.

Too bad I can't see it. Hopefully someone ups it to YT or Griffvision puts it up.

A horrible day for sports overall. Losses everywhere.

Griffins down 3-1 after 2.

Goes to show how worthless stats are, Mursak and Tatar have both been great, and both are -2. :rolleyes:

Rissmiller has been a pretty good contributor, can't complain too much.

Where was Dick Axelsson?

I wish he had more skilled linemates.