• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

10/27 GDT: Red Wings 5 at Canucks 4

Rate this topic

QFMFT. 2 beauty's I might add.

you certianly will be able to tell who watched the game, when they talk about how flip went -2 and it indicates his play. I think finally Babcock has realized who has been at fault for some of these games (though I wish he weren't). Let's just put Ozzy on LTIR until the playoffs start where he's money :)

Positives so far:

--> Neither Lebda nor Ericsson were on the ice for either goal. That's a nice change of pace. :P

--> Howard's looked good so far.

--> The PKers are pressuring the forwards very well and successfully clearing the puck when they have a chance (something they failed at far, far too often last year).

--> Z-D-H just scored with all three getting points!

Negatives so far:

--> Rafalski is still struggling defensively

--> Ozzy needed to be pulled 7 minutes in. *sigh* Come back strong Ozzy! Howard-- make him work for his starts (this is a but much to ask a rookie, but I'm going to say it out loud anyway)

I was just gonna say before the goal: if ZDH don't show up after this start I'm gonna start losing faith. Good thing they immediately did.

Also: Flip has looked ******* fantastic so far. Great puck control, great passing, great speed. Gotta say so far that line with Cleary and Bert is looking good. Leino and Filppula were good together but rarely amounted to much in terms of actual scoring chances, but already this line has created some.

But: SOMEONE OTHER THAN HOMER OR THE GRINDERS NEED TO SCORE. Hank? That breakaway needs to be a goal dude.

This team has had some s***y luck. They're having a hard time finding the back of the net, and defense hase really been dead. Lidstrom hit the post and Bertuzzi has been solid. Its quite a funk we're in but, I think in we're gonna get out of it.. I hope.

I'm still here, Z and D created that play, but he finished so I can't bash him much and he's stayed out of the box.

Last year Holmstrom gave us all plenty to be concerned about. This year he's been excellent. 6 goals in 10 games is great production.

Positives so far:

--> Neither Lebda nor Ericsson were on the ice for either goal. That's a nice change of pace. :P

--> Howard's looked good so far.

--> The PKers are pressuring the forwards very well and successfully clearing the puck when they have a chance (something they failed at far, far too often last year).

--> Z-D-H just scored with all three getting points!

Negatives so far:

--> Ozzy needed to be pulled 7 minutes in. *sigh* Come back strong Ozzy! Howard-- make him work for his starts (this is a but much to ask a rookie, but I'm going to say it out loud anyway)

Agree most of all but our 2nd and 3rd line are not producing scoring chances much. Too easy for other teams to defend ONE LINE TEAM

Also: Flip has looked ******* fantastic so far. Great puck control, great passing, great speed. Gotta say so far that line with Cleary and Bert is looking good. Leino and Filppula were good together but rarely amounted to much in terms of actual scoring chances, but already this line has created some.

Filpulla looked laaaaaaaaaaazy on that first goal, he literally just stared at the puck as it was picked up and shot.

But: SOMEONE OTHER THAN HOMER OR THE GRINDERS NEED TO SCORE. Hank? That breakaway needs to be a goal dude.

Yeah, I don't know what that was about. Maybe he thought he saw something or was just trying to catch Luongo napping but he shot that from awfully far away, he surely knew no one was even close to him.

Negatives so far:

Rafalski is no spring chicken. I wonder if those injuries he had in the playoffs are still bugging him. He had some pretty severe problems, separated shoulder and something else too?

Last year Holmstrom gave us all plenty to be concerned about. This year he's been excellent. 6 goals in 10 games is great production.

Excellent on the PP yes, I'm just not sold on him being able to produce ES 5v5 on the first line. Although tonight was a step in the right direction, even though his goal was brought to him on a huge dinner plate, hell Kopecky might have been able to headbutt that one in.