• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

10/27 GDT: Red Wings 5 at Canucks 4

Rate this topic

The D's problems are mainly Rafi and Lebda. They need to reread the section on "No More F**king Turnovers" in the Defensemen manual. I cringe every time the step on the ice.

And is it wrong that I cheered when Lebda got knocked on his ass along the boards in the 2nd? :rolleyes:

LoL no cuz i did too....and i said the same thing back then lol

Not by a score, but overall, good game and really satisfied. Some terrible turnovers and penalties but our offenses look to reform a bit against one of top goalies in the NHL. The only thing I want more is more production from Filp line although they played good.

Too bad Osgood let some weak goals but hopefully he bounces back quickly.

Go Wings

WINGS WIN! WINGS WIN! WINGS WIN! J-Willy with the GWG!!! Howard gets the win (I think, not sure how the NHL decides the winning goalie). Houdini with 2 goals, Homer, and Kronner get the rest of the goals in the Wings 5-4 win over the Vancouver Canucks!

I am VERY proud of Howard these past couple games...

Very proud of our offense tonight......

and so happy that we beat the Canucks.... Good game guys...

Still seemed like they played 50 minutes..but it was the LAST 50 and they played like a team possessed...

:thumbup: :thumbup:

OK, New strategy for the season: Let Osgood start every game and give up a couple s*** goals then put in Howard and have the team pumped up and ready to play from behind. Seems a lot more effective than trying to hold a 1 goal lead all game.

I swear this team with cause my death by heart attack one day! Good game by Howard. Good game by the Wings period. Puck control issues and give aways but other then that looked decent. No sitting back. Now the Wings are coming to my neck of the woods in Alberta. I hope they can play similar to that here.

Edited by zettie85

Guest Shoreline
So he simultaneously boarded a guy with his elbows up and slashed him??

To me it was a borderline boarding call because the Vancouver player acted like he was shot. Otherwise it was basically just pinning a guy to the boards and there's no call.

Bzzt, wrong. You must not have been watching if you make a laughable comment about simultaneously doing both slashing and boarding with the right elbow up to the head. He slashed Shirokov, then brought his elbows up to Shirokov's head hitting him into the boards with his back turned. Elbowing, boarding, slashing. Either way, it was a penalty. Wake up. It was obvious as f***.

Edited by Shoreline

So I missed the first part of the game, but how many LGWers were crying bloody murder after the first goal? Have we all learned our lessons?

Well considering it, and the 2nd goal were ozzies trademark softies...everyone was a bit pissed

Excellent game. Most entertaining of the season so far I'd say. After that start in 1st period I didn't expect to feel this good about the outcome. Even after the 2nd period it felt like it very well could be another "good effort but not enough"-games that we've had a couple of in a row. But Datsyuk really came to life. I don't think he's been bad even when he hasn't been scoring goals, but that 1st goal of his really made me remember what he looks like when he's got some confidence. And after that goal he looked on fire. And Hank seemed to respond to it too. If that puck hadn't been on end on the 2-on-1 I'm sure he would have buried it. His goals will come.

Solid effort by Howard, he really bailed out Osgood. If this game would have ended in a loss I don't think Ozzie would have slept very well.

Filppula was awesome. Bertuzzi was great. Cleary was invisible but stepped up a bit in the 3rd period. Holmstrom? Once again showing how valuable he is. He should have a couple of assists tonight.

Just wanted to mention Craig Anderson posted another shut out tonight against the oilers. If you are a fan of USA Hockey, you gotta love this. 1) Miller 2) Anderson

Great goalie tandem, second only to 1) King Henrik 2) The Monster.

Seriously though, both Miller and Anderson are sick right now. I'm sure Miller can keep it up, not as sure about Anderson though.