• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

10/27 GDT: Red Wings 5 at Canucks 4

Rate this topic

Guest Shoreline
Gotta be honest, I was thinking another loss after the quick 2-0 hole.

No s***. I was like not this again..

And I'll be honest too, if it were 3-0 I was turning it off.

Edited by Shoreline

Bzzt, wrong. You must not have been watching if you make a laughable comment about simultaneously doing both slashing and boarding with the right elbow up to the head. He slashed Shirokov, then brought his elbows up to Shirokov's head hitting him into the boards with his back turned. Elbowing, boarding, slashing. Either way, it was a penalty. Wake up. It was obvious as f***.

How bout this. I can disagree on a call. It happens, so you can take your smug ass somewhere else.

Or better yet learn how reel back the douchiness of your posts a couple notches when making a point.

Even when the Wings when, someone manages to stir up s*** over something stupid. :rolleyes:

Edited by haroldsnepsts

Terrible start but I think we will comeback and win this one, I get this hunch sometimes and im right about 90% of the time.

GO WINGS!!!

I hate to toot my own horn but............ BEEP BEEP!

GO WINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No s***. I was like not this again..

And I'll be honest too, if it were 3-0 I was turning it off.

I'll be betting this guy might be a bit disappointed -

Wings lose per usual, they might get a lead but then blow it in 3rd and lose in OT/SO or they will hammer Luongo with shots but don't have any offense what so ever so nucks win 3-1 or something.

Wings lose per usual, they might get a lead but then blow it in 3rd and lose in OT/SO or they will hammer Luongo with shots but don't have any offense what so ever so nucks win 3-1 or something.

man, this was one good prediction, I mean no offense whatsover?... haha, I would feel like an idiot if said that, which i wouldn't

Great game Howard, Datsyuk, and Homer... and everyone else for that matter

I'm liking Howard more and more, I really hope he turns out to be the goalie the Wings hope he is/will be.

It was nice to see him finally get some goal support tonight. Great toe save on that wraparound as well.

To everyone that is saying that Stuart deserved that penalty if you look back at the play Shirokov looks at Stuart coming and turns his back to the play...that negates a would be boarding call...

boarding is when you come up behind a guy that doesn't know you are there and you wreck him, not when you turn your back to the play to avoid contact like a little *****...

You need to re-read the rules of hockey - you have no idea what you're talking about. "Turning around" does not negate the call, goof.

Just a huge and important win in a young season for the Wings. Was impressed with Howard against the Avs, and after this game, I have a lot more confidence in him. Hope Ozzie can get out of the funk, but I don't think it's that bad. Hank, Pavs and Bert had a great game.

Double checked, and the Wings are 4-4-2 with 10 points so far, and are 11th in the conference (behind the Canucks by 2 points), 3rd in the division (2 behind the Blue Jackets with the 'Hawks leading the division with 15).

A good night, points-wise, for the Wings, but they need to work on their puck control and Ozzie needs to work on his goaltending.

Night all.

Great goalie tandem, second only to 1) King Henrik 2) The Monster.

Seriously though, both Miller and Anderson are sick right now. I'm sure Miller can keep it up, not as sure about Anderson though.

You think Miller/Anderson is better than any combination of Luongo/Brodeur/Ward? Even the Lundqvist/Gustavsson combo doesn't stand up against Canada's goaltending. The monster is completely unproven at the NHL level.

That was a gutsy win boys. Let's hope this is the break they've needed, and they put together a run.

It's not too often the Wings plaster an opponent all over the ice. I don't think Kesler ever got off his ass/back.

Edited by Tr!PoD#19

You going to the game? I ended up picking up a nosebleed seat at the last minute

My buddy who is also a Wings fan is going to Edmonton thursday to watch the here on Saturday. I dont know if I'll get to see them here this trip. Definitely next time. If i can get one I'm definitely going.

Let us not underestimate the power of Homer tonight. Scored a HUGE goal, screened the goalie on Pav's second one and Kronwall's goals, and probably was responsible for getting Roberto off his game and give up 5.

anyone got video of the first Pavel goal? what a thing of beauty

Let us not underestimate the power of Homer tonight. Scored a HUGE goal, screened the goalie on Pav's second one and Kronwall's goals, and probably was responsible for getting Roberto off his game and give up 5.

yea. and to think many on here were wanting him to retire. he's actually been one of our better players this season so far.

if they don't start howard next game it will be a hell of a shame

Babcock said in the post-game interview that Howard's starting in Edmonton

Guest Shoreline
How bout this. I can disagree on a call. It happens, so you can take your smug ass somewhere else.

Or better yet learn how reel back the douchiness of your posts a couple notches when making a point.

Even when the Wings when, someone manages to stir up s*** over something stupid. :rolleyes:

How about this, you can also be called wrong. All the other stuff you mentioned in your post beyond the call I could care less about and it's not worth my time. Have fun with the dramatics. As for the relevant part:

dsc00774w.jpg

^-- This is an elbow to Shirokov's head, driving it into the boards. Also known as elbowing or boarding, which is a penalty. This followed a slash which could have also been called, so if the ref wanted to be a dick he could have called Stu twice.