• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Casey

Swine flu hits the NHL.

Rate this topic

how crazy would that be if the avs team all gets swine flu??? sucks for Budaj, but I am sure he will survive. since swine flu is no different than any other flu..

What? Don't you have scarfs over there?

300,000,000 people, 30,000 isnt that many.... but, I knew that Budaj already has a bad case of sucks.

Wow that's all they have behind Anderson? I too didn't know he was still in the NHL- they better hope Andy keeps playing like that for at least the rest of the season (not happening).

I love how the media has tried to over-blow this every chance they get and apparently sports writers are no better than the rest of their counterparts..

My future brother in law actually has swine flu. It sucks, but it's the flu. Not this cataclysmic disease that will wipe out humanity.

People will realzie it next year when they hype up yet another ailment as the end of humanity.

My future brother in law actually has swine flu. It sucks, but it's the flu. Not this cataclysmic disease that will wipe out humanity.

People will realzie it next year when they hype up yet another ailment as the end of humanity.

It is, and it isn't. Swine flu tends to act via the cytokine storm, where the body's immune response is so strong as to cause pneumonia in some cases. I've plenty of cases of such right now in clinic. However, it is true- many who get it won't have a problem. The problem seems to be that H1N1 is showing odd peak patterns- different timing than seasonal flu, different target groups getting sickest.

/Medical Student.

30000+ people die from the regular flu every year in the US! And people don't panic over that! :ranting: Hardly a pandemic!! Everyone needs to chill!

THANK YOU...i've been saying this all along. The media is doing their job and making a bigger deal outta it than it is basically to cause panic and make people go get the shot...IMHO its all about causing panic to people will SPEND MONEY to get a shot they prob don't need. Not only that, but some girl who was training to be a Redskins cheerleader got the shot and it caused her to not be able to walk forwards right, or talk...she can run fine and walk backwards fine...and only talk right when walking backwards or running. I've never gotten a flu shot in my life and I've never had the flu.

Budaj got it from Miss Piggy. No one was supposed to find out, but someone squealed.

Hope he gets better. Scary in kids, old folks, and people with existing medical conditions that weaken them, but he's a healthy adult. He should be fine.

Talk about media hyping this- our local rag ran a headline in big letters "H1N1 Vaccines Frozen en Route to Hospital!!!" (or something like that) and then in little letters "still safe and effective".