• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Aussie_Wing

10/29 GDT: Houston @ Grand Rapids

Rate this topic

Houston Aeros (6-4-0-0) @ Grand Rapids Griffins (4-4-0-0)
7:00 pm EDT

grandrapids218_50642.jpg

The Grand Rapids Griffins will look to continue their 3 game winning streak when they take on the visiting Houston Aeros. The Aeros have also won their past 3 games and have a stunning record on the PK having stopped 34 of 35 penalties for a percentage of 97.1. However their PP is awful having converted from just 4/47 at 8.5%.

Not sure what the line-up will look like as it seems to have wholesale changes from one game to the next so it's a toss of the coin really. Delmore missed the past two games with an injured knee, Lemieux an injured back while Axelsson, Kolosov and Crosty were all absent due to the flu. Tatar played but he too was suffering the effects of the flu. Speaking of Tatar, apparantely the Wings were going to make a decision on his playing location on Monday but that doesn't seem to have occured. If he's not in the line-up tonight, perhaps the answer will appear.

Projected lines:

Emmerton - Nylander - Tardif
Ritola - Newbury - Mursak
Rissmiller - Vigilante - Williams
Axelsson - McGrath - Pare

(Walsh/Lemieux/Tatar)

Kindl - Janik
Delmore - Kolosov
Pyett- Ehrhardt

(Piche)

Larsson
McCollum

Individual Leaders:

Goals: Tardif, Williams (4), Newbury (3)
Assists: Janik, Nylander (5), 4 tied (3)
PIM: Newbury (46), Crosty (21)
Plus/Minus: Janik, Ehrhardt (+3), Emmerton (+2)

Notes:

* Griffins come into the game on a 3 game winning streak.
* Jeremy Williams has scored a goal in the past 3 games.

TV/Radio:

Internet stream: See drumnj's stream
Grand Rapids Radio Broadcast: Wood Radio
AHL Scores page: Scores

Griffins win 2-0! Shutout for Larsson with 34 saves! :thumbup:

1. GR Tatar, (1) (Pare, Pyett), 14:56 (PP)

2. GR Mursak, (3) (Newbury), 0:26

3 stars:

1. GR - 31 Daniel Larsson

2. GR - 13 Jan Mursak

3. GR - 27 Tomas Tatar

Mursak is regaining his scoring touch. :)

Griffins win 2-0! Shutout for Larsson with 34 saves! :thumbup:

1. GR Tatar, (1) (Pare, Pyett), 14:56 (PP)

2. GR Mursak, (3) (Newbury), 0:26

3 stars:

1. GR - 31 Daniel Larsson

2. GR - 13 Jan Mursak

3. GR - 27 Tomas Tatar

Mursak is regaining his scoring touch. :)

Any chance Larsson looks ready to play some NHL games?

This team is looking really good, so far. There have been a couple guys that really stand out to me, Jeremy Williams, Jamie Tardiff, Mursak, and Larsson. The hustle is insane for the 3 of them, and Larsson is seeng every shot, and doing a good job not giving up rebounds. Williams has a sweet shot, and is doing a good job getting scoring chances on just about every shift. Mursak is shooting more, using his speed, and even taking the body. He has improved a TON since last year.

I still find it hard to root for Newburry, and the first 2 home games was him in my eyes perfect. He was getting knocked down and would skate away intimidated. When he got jumped at the end of the third game, and then proceeded to jump a guy for his second fight, it turned a corner. He's being pest, but he's also not backing down now. He will hit a player, and then jaw at them, which is a good thing in my eyes. I still don't know if I can root for him though.

This team is looking really good, so far. There have been a couple guys that really stand out to me, Jeremy Williams, Jamie Tardiff, Mursak, and Larsson. The hustle is insane for the 3 of them, and Larsson is seeng every shot, and doing a good job not giving up rebounds. Williams has a sweet shot, and is doing a good job getting scoring chances on just about every shift. Mursak is shooting more, using his speed, and even taking the body. He has improved a TON since last year.

I still find it hard to root for Newburry, and the first 2 home games was him in my eyes perfect. He was getting knocked down and would skate away intimidated. When he got jumped at the end of the third game, and then proceeded to jump a guy for his second fight, it turned a corner. He's being pest, but he's also not backing down now. He will hit a player, and then jaw at them, which is a good thing in my eyes. I still don't know if I can root for him though.

Thanks mate. I'm so excited about Mursak, I've already put last season behind me and most importantly, it seems like he has too. :thumbup: He's got all the attributes and encouragingly, he seems to be rounding out all aspects of his game so perhaps if his scoring doesn't come around maybe he could contribute on a 3rd/4th line.

Heads up for everyone, Grand Rapids host Houston again tonight.

Fights in the audience too. Another group just got ejected.

Griffins moving slowly...taking a lot of penalties rather than keeping up with the Aeros.

A different team came out of the lockerroom in the third period. After successfully killing off Jakub's 4 minute penalty, they got energized. Axelsson had several good chances - thought for sure one would go in. We'll miss Nylander...his presence tonight and the last few weeks really made a difference. Hopefully the Griffins will seamlessly continue their winning streak.

Oh, and McCollum looked fantastic out there!

Edited by GROwl