• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Pavel Hossyukstrom

Ozzie thinks what about this year?

Rate this topic

Things didn’t go real well last night, but I feel good," he said after practice today at Rexall Place. "I think it’s the opposite of last year – I really wasn’t playing well at the start of last year. This year it’s been the opposite. I’ve had moments that have just been a combination of me making mistakes and bad luck. If I look back on the first 10 games, I’d say six minutes in St. Louis in Sweden, nine minutes in Buffalo and just probably the first seven minutes of last night, things have gone real well.

I think I’m definitely going in the right direction. Last year there was cause for concern because I wasn’t playing well and I knew it and I was struggling to get back to playing well. This year, it’s just been a matter of those little moments I’ve been having and the team’s been having. But I’ve got to be a lot better. That’ the bottom line.

Its a long season. He will be fine. Just thinking of the Phoenix game, I thought he had a pretty decent game and with the exception of the 2nd goal where he was pushed into the net and that OT flub, he played well.

Plus really, what is the alternative?

OTB: Malkin out with shoulder injury, Flames coach not happy, Osgood not panicking, Devils struggling at home, Sabres keeping Tyler Myers past 9 games.

I think perhaps he meant "aside from" the first seven minutes of last night. He got misquoted.

We don't have an alternative, no Conklin to hold down the fort, although Jimmy did fine last game picking up the pieces and stablizing the game.

I don't believe he's happy with his numbers last season, or this one, so far. He said he has to play better, so he will try his best, I am sure.

To be honest I think I would agree with him. He hasn't played great but he has played well the majority of his time this season. He has let in some weak ones but he also held us in a couple games for awhile until our defence completely crumbled. His stats suck yes. For him to still feel confident is a good. Blown leads are team thing not a goalie thing.

Like the rest of the Detroit Red Wings... he can play better and he will.

But let's not compare this start of the season to last years.

Ozzie hasn't played that bad really. It's a team effort this time.. of a lack there of.

Lebda: rushing forward in nearly every play and you may have noticed: He is slow in getting back and doing his actual job: DEFEND !

Ericsson: What happened, sir ? Where's the energy we all fell in love with last spring ?

10 games in: Datsyuk: 2 goals, Zetterberg: 1 goal, Cleary: 1 goal, Bertuzzi: 1 goal........... Are you frickin' kidding me ???

How about Nick Turnover Sr. and Nik Turnover Jr. ? Pay attention man !

Babcock: in what ungodly universe is Abdelkader better than Helm ? Seriously !

Brad Stuart: your glasses will be ready in a few weeks sir ! Just hang in there !

Jason Williams: 7 points in 10 games isn't that bad actually.. but EVER heard of backchecking, you dumbass ?

Osgood has played great in several games this season. It's just that the Washington game is the only one he hasn't let in atleast one complete softie. I definitely don't think this is the same Osgood that we saw last regular season, but it's not AS different as I was hoping. If Howard can keep playing like he did against the Nucks then maybe he can buy some time for Ozzie to work on reducing the mistakes and then we're actually gonna look decent as far as goaltending go.

Guest mindfly
If he could do something about his god awful 5 hole, he'd at least be serviceable.

That's because he's not a natural butterfly nor has the size to be a successful butterfly goalie, during the lockout he worked hard to get it work but as we witness on a daily basis he is extremely weak fivehole but also highglove because of his lack of size.

very curious: "the first seven minutes of last night, things have gone real well." I think there is a typo and it is meant to read haven't not have.

I believe its a grammatical error. probably meant "if i look back on the first 10 games, things have gone real well. 7 Mins, 6 mins etc. i played bad"

That's because he's not a natural butterfly nor has the size to be a successful butterfly goalie, during the lockout he worked hard to get it work but as we witness on a daily basis he is extremely weak fivehole but also highglove because of his lack of size.

I am pretty sure it has in fact worked. You are just too short-sighted to notice.

Sir, now you're just agitating.

Holy run on sentence, Batman!

Oh, and you're wrong.

Osgood's quite right. He is playing much better this year. He's getting no help more often than not, but he's been mostly solid and at times great. If you really think this season is at all like last season for Osgood, you really need to go review the tapes. There's absolutely no comparison.

Osgood's quite right. He is playing much better this year. He's getting no help more often than not, but he's been mostly solid and at times great. If you really think this season is at all like last season for Osgood, you really need to go review the tapes. There's absolutely no comparison.

Seconded.

He could definitely be better, but other than the road against Edmonton where he was awful early, he's been all right. Yeah there was the Buffalo game, he didn't have much help in that game.

Like some games last year where Osgood's numbers weren't good, BOTH he AND the defense need to play better and responsibly. I refuse to take sides on which person/aspect is ultimately to blame.