• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Never_Retire_Steve

50 in 50

Rate this topic

There was some conversation about player projections just as always when coming into the new NHL season. A focal point was of some people's thoughts were....... can AO get 50 goals in 50 games?

A lot of people said that is something that won't be done for a while but if there is one guy who can do it, it would be Ovie.

Right now he is sitting on 13 goals in 12 games. Thoughts?

I thought it was asking if we'd play a full 50 minutes in any of the first 50 games.

Yeah, I know the games have 60 minutes, but it seems no one has told the Wings that.

As for the real question: If anyone can do it, Ovie can, but I'd wait until he was over 40 before I started the countdown. Anything can happen. All it takes is an injury, even a minor one, or just hitting a cold streak. Happens to everyone.

I thought this thread was made to point out the fact that the Detroit Red Wings have earned 4pts out of a possible 8pts on this grueling western road trip against some of the hottest teams and goalies in the league right now (Bryzgalov, Anderson and Luongo)

Wings got 50% of the possible points so far on the road. That's not bad at all... especially against the hottest teams in the league.

He'll do it unless, as my friend said, Don Cherry is right and someone who has him on their hitlist cuts him in two.

And I think he already had his slump this year, he was scoreless in two games straight.

He won't come close. Too streaky and soft. Doesn't have the dedication to help his team win games and won't be able to keep up the pace especially with the injuries that are bound to happen with the dirty and irresponsible way he plays the game. Now real players like Crosby or Richards(who actually play the game both ways) will have a chance at it for sure.

He won't come close. Too streaky and soft. Doesn't have the dedication to help his team win games and won't be able to keep up the pace especially with the injuries that are bound to happen with the dirty and irresponsible way he plays the game. Now real players like Crosby or Richards(who actually play the game both ways) will have a chance at it for sure.

You don't watch Caps games, do you? Sound just like Don Cherry and his euro-hating rants.

You don't watch Caps games, do you? Sound just like Don Cherry and his euro-hating rants.

I watch all of them, all he does is cheap shot people and flex his stick in the neutral zone waiting for his teammates to give him the puck.

:unsure:

And the award for most ill-informed post ever goes to...

Playing defensive hockey doesn't make you better at offense.

You are off your ******* rocker.

Edited by Doc Holiday

:unsure:

And the award for most ill-informed post ever goes to...

That's why he is a captain right? Oh nevermind it's a forth line player that plays 4 minutes a game. All Ovechkin is good for is selling tickets and getting an occasional lucky goal.

That's why he is a captain right? Oh nevermind it's a forth line player that plays 4 minutes a game. All Ovechkin is good for is selling tickets and getting an occasional lucky goal.

How many Hart trophies does he have?

What is his PPG in comparison with Malkin and Crosby?

How many Art Ross trophies does he have?

Do you even know the answer to these questions?

How many Hart trophies does he have?

What is his PPG in comparison with Malkin and Crosby?

How many Art Ross trophies does he have?

Do you even know the answer to these questions?

evgeni-malkin.jpg

Hank%20with%20Conn%20Smythe.jpg

Those matter and are something he'll never have, regular season and points only matter so much. Don't get me wrong he is decent player and could be great if he actually learns to play ice hockey instead of street hockey.

Carmen, you lost all credibility as soon as you said Ovechkin is good for the "occasional lucky goal." Perhaps he's just the luckiest guy alive? :lol:

Well he very well maybe, he drives cars' like he is in the Indy 500 without an accident and hit a whole in one in golf. So I'd say he is luckier then the average person.

evgeni-malkin.jpg

Hank%20with%20Conn%20Smythe.jpg

Those matter and are something he'll never have, regular season and points only matter so much. Don't get me wrong he is decent player and could be great if he actually learns to play ice hockey instead of street hockey.

Regular season=playoffs.

It requires a team effort for players to even get to that stage, so pardon Ovechkin for not having another superstar on his team to help with the offense.

Also, funny how you call Crosby a real hockey player when Malkin (a Russian with a significantly worse defensive game) beat him out for the Smythe. What happened?

No one is arguing about who is the best all around player or who deserves Conn Smyth trophies etc. This topic is based on who, if anyone, could score 50 goals in 50 games. Clearly Ovechkin has the best shot. For you to say that the only guys who have a real shot are guys like Crosby and Richards is absolutely mind boggling to me.

Does Ovechkin play recklessly? At times, sure. Is he dirty? I wouldn't say so. Is he a lucky guy? Yeah sure. Is the only reason he scores goals because of luck? Absolutely not.

EIther you're just talking s*** to get ppl riled up or you absolutely have zero clue as to what you're talking about. I'm hoping for your sake you're screwing with ppl.