• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
RedWings91

Jason Williams. Why?

Rate this topic

I've been away from this board for a couple weeks so pardon me if I'm saying anything that's already been said.

But does Jason Williams actually do anything other than skate up and down the ice with his teammates? I hated this signing when it was first done, I now hate it even more. I know people people on this board hated the mention of Afinogenov. But at least Afinogenov has the ability to play the Red Wings puck possession system. Jason Williams looks like he's never played hockey with a puck before.

I've been away from this board for a couple weeks so pardon me if I'm saying anything that's already been said.

But does Jason Williams actually do anything other than skate up and down the ice with his teammates? I hated this signing when it was first done, I now hate it even more. I know people people on this board hated the mention of Afinogenov. But at least Afinogenov has the ability to play the Red Wings puck possession system. Jason Williams looks like he's never played hockey with a puck before.

Except when he scored the GWG aginst the Canucks and posted 7pts putting him 5th on the team in points.

Williams has played very well this season so far.

He's been one of our best players thus far as others have said, and at a bargain to boot... he is incredibly solid on D and has made things happen...

Also, Afinogenov was a healthy scratch on Buffalo for being lazy and is HORRIBLE on defense... single handedly cost ATL the game last night...

I don't get the bashing on him thus far...

J Willy was LGW's whippin boy the minute he signed to detroit... now that he has scored goals and put up decent numbers .. all the haters are silent .. I never really got bashing threads .. Someone needs to start a thread about how Holmstrom doesnt belong on the first line. Or how we need to trade Stuey and Raffi . oh joy .. look theres already 14000 previous posts about this s***..

J Willy isnt of concern when the 2nd line is -19 combined .. Tuzzi -7 ... must be halloween cuz this s*** is scary

Edited by PROBIE4PREZ

Maybe I'm still blinded by the hate that I had of this signing. Or perhaps I don't like that he doesn't have the stickhandling ability of Samuelsson or Hudler. But hey if everybody says he's been great, I'll take a closer look at his play.

Uh.....? how many games have you watched this year? because Williams has played very well... he might not be the best backchecker, but he does do it and is not lazy out there... your way off on this one

Maybe I'm still blinded by the hate that I had of this signing. Or perhaps I don't like that he doesn't have the stickhandling ability of Samuelsson or Hudler. But hey if everybody says he's been great, I'll take a closer look at his play.

I think he's a better stick-handler than both of them. He's capable of dangling, deking, through-the-leg s***, etc.

Why do people who obviously don't watch any hockey post on a hockey forum?

Definitely take a closer look. Just make sure your expectations are reasonable. He isn't Hossa. He's not as good as Leino along the boards but he's a sniper, which means he's a shooter, which means he is a very important player on this team. He's only been okay on defense, but then so has Lidstrom. Wiliams can certainly do more, but he's not losing games for us.

Many people struggle with allowing personal biases to skew their observation of facts. Check out Francis Bacon's "The Four Idols" for an explanation.

Don't stress, big fella. This is certainly not something that's already been said.

It's early, so I'm hoping this stays true throughout the season, but what I like about JW so far this season is his effort. He really seems to be hustling offesnsively and getting back on D.... every shift, every game. My biggest gripe about his previous time with us is that he'd show up for 1 out of 3 games.

IMO, he's got all of the tools needed to be an above average+ player, so I think if he can keep it going it's going to pay off. On top of that, he's plays on the PP and gets good minutes with some elite NHL'rs (even more so condisering we just lost another forward), so I believe the Wings have put him in a really good position to take it to the next level.

I think he's the one of the least of our worries at this point.

I detested the Williams signing as much as anyone on these boards. I have to admit though Williams has looked really, really good so far. I would even go as far as too say he has been one of the bright spots thus far.

I detested the Williams signing as much as anyone on these boards. I have to admit though Williams has looked really, really good so far. I would even go as far as too say he has been one of the bright spots thus far.

A former First Rounder in what??? The OHL Bantom draft??(referring to video)