• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest mindfly

Leino scratched on saturday

Rate this topic

Guest mindfly

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/20..._forward_v.html

I really like this move, he should know that he gets nothing for granted and he needs to be better to be on this team..

“Ville’s not working on any line. That’s clear. He’s having a day to watch,'' Babcock said. "He hasn’t played hard enough, so he’s going to watch the game and the other guys are going to play.’’

That's what i've been saying all the time

Edited by mindfly

I like that Babcock is being a hard ass and sending a message. He was sending a message yesterday by not pulling Howard.

1). he was letting Howard sweat it out in a do-or-die situation

2). he was allowing the Red Wings get embarrassed as a whole

3). he was sending a message to Osgood

Now this comment he made about Leino should get Leino's blood flowing, plus shows the entire team that they are expandable if they don't want to play. I like it.

I just fear that Leino isn't a kinda player who plays better with that kinda coaching. He hasn't been that good (not the only one in the team), but that decision may just make things worse. Unless, he's changed (from the years in Finland) and gets a boost from that, which I really hope.

Guest mindfly
I just fear that Leino isn't a kinda player who plays better with that kinda coaching. He hasn't been that good (not the only one in the team), but that decision may just make things worse. Unless, he's changed (from the years in Finland) and gets a boost from that, which I really hope.

A worthy red wing player in my book response right away to this, gets a bit pissed off and first game after the scratch take his game to the next level, much like darren helm did... and alot of others players have.

One game is fine to send a message, but he's much better then several other players on the team right now and should definitely be back in after that.

If you ask me, Howard and Ozzie should both be benched for several games as well.

Poor Leino....

With this scratch, I wonder where Babs will place him in the lineup for the game after? I know I've been wanting to see him get going with Datsyuk or Zetterberg but it's not looking like that now.

Leino is defiantely going to respond positively to this. He needed a little break to get his head together. Although he hadnt been scoring a lot I thought he actually looked pretty good out there from game to game. Hopefully they can find a good line to play with now that Filppula is out. I still think that they should try him with Datsyuk and Bertuzzi.

Sadly, it has to be done. I started to get a bad feeling about his work ethic last year when he told the press how he's sick of playing in the AHL and wants to get into the NHL already. He also went on about how playing leaves him with no personal life and gives him "no time to find a girlfriend".

I think it's actually a compliment from Babs to scratch Leino. It means he actually cares about Ville's game.

I kind of agree in that I think it means that he thinks that Leino could be a fairly big time scorer.

Personally, i thought ville has been playing decent. There are plenty of guys I would bench over him.

I just worry, with so many injuries, can we really afford this?

Also, does someone else get a chance to play in the NHL for this game?

Personally, i thought ville has been playing decent. There are plenty of guys I would bench over him.

I just worry, with so many injuries, can we really afford this?

Also, does someone else get a chance to play in the NHL for this game?

Probably Abby and Maltby.

I like that Babcock is being a hard ass and sending a message. He was sending a message yesterday by not pulling Howard.

1). he was letting Howard sweat it out in a do-or-die situation

2). he was allowing the Red Wings get embarrassed as a whole

3). he was sending a message to Osgood

Now this comment he made about Leino should get Leino's blood flowing, plus shows the entire team that they are expandable if they don't want to play. I like it.

Every so often, an athlete, regardless of sport needs that kind of message sent. Scratch an NHLer. Punch a boxer in the face when their guard is down in a spar. Something.

Sadly, it has to be done. I started to get a bad feeling about his work ethic last year when he told the press how he's sick of playing in the AHL and wants to get into the NHL already. He also went on about how playing leaves him with no personal life and gives him "no time to find a girlfriend".

I started to get the same feeling in an early summer thread about Leino coming up full-time. He said something along the lines of "it was the NHL or nothing" and "he didn't come here to play in the AHL" and I thought that wasn't the type of attitude or work ethic the Wings support. I was then proceeded to get tore up in the thread for calling him out.

Wise move from Babcock, Leino has been coasting a bit and should be playing harder. Helm was sat and responded by having a 2 point night, lets see how Leino responds. A good test of his character. I like this comment...

Eaves had his best game Thursday (game-tying goal, plus-3 rating) and will be rewarded with some power-play time, Babcock said

Go Eaves! :)