• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
WpgMikos

Todd Bertuzzi wonders why he ever drove away from Motown in the first

Rate this topic

From Faceoff: Bertuzzi glad to plug into Motown mojo again:

Looking back, Detroit Red Wings forward Todd Bertuzzi wonders why he ever drove away from Motown in the first place in favour of playing hockey in southern California.

"It's awesome," the hulking forward said Friday, peeling off his Red Wings practice jersey. "I'm obviously honoured that they would call me and ask me to come back.

"It's somewhere I wish from the beginning that I didn't even leave. But that's for another day."

Complete article, click here.

11 games in. Happy or unhappy with him being back?

Saturday Morning Papers: NHLPA remains in disarray, Wings GM Holland wants young guns to step up, Sabres Ryan Miller remains without a regulation loss, Pens avoid curse of the blue jersey, Islander rookie Tavares puts on a show, Yotes coach only focus is winning, who should start in goal for Team Canada?

Honestly, I think he's been terrific for what he was brought in for. Even if he's hitting the posts most nights, he's still been one of our most consistently visible players on the ice. Sure he's had turnovers, but that's to be expected when you're one of the most active players with the puck who actually is out there trying to make things happen.

He's got 5pts in 11 games so far, putting him around 35-40pts projected for the season at a price of $1.5 million dollars. Oh, and the "goon who takes needless, moronic penalties" has a whopping 6 PIM as well.

Edited by BleedRed&White

Honestly, of anyone we've picked up, Bert is the one I root for the most. I hope he has a killer season, and comes back with another small contract :D

I've been more than happy with his play this season, but the only thing that really bugs me is he plays lazy sometimes and it's so easy to see. He made a very lazy pass last game and it ended up in a goal I believe on a breakaway by Edmonton.

Todd Bertuzzi is the reason people deserve 2nd chances in life. obviously what he did was awful but i think he truly regrets it and im proud to have him in a Wings jersey. i think hes playing pretty damn good in accordance with his salary. now if we can just reduce the size of the goal posts by about an inch he'll be golden.

p.s. its nice to see him smile once in a while again, i really do think he likes it here

Welcome back Todd, I however don't blame him for leaving, with the impending civil suite he needs every dollar he can get and it ended up working quite well for him financially all things considered. 4 million his first season in Anaheim, bought out for 2 million his second year and signs a 2.5 million dollar deal with Calgary.

I like the truculence (sorry for borrowing Mr. Burke's term) he brings. Thought he played a solid game in Edmonton.

I thought the Edmonton game was the worst he played as a Red Wing this year. Sure, he scored, but he was making a lot of bad passes, turnovers, and had some lazy plays.

However, on the aggregate, I think he's been playing VERY well. I'll take 1 bad game every 10 or so games from someone making $1.5. I've been in favor of Bertuzzi being a Wing before they traded for him and I'm glad he's back. He made the right financial decision to go for the 2 year contract in Anaheim, but it may not have been the right decision for his overall happiness.

Go Bert, time to step up!

I always supported him coming back when we picked him up again. For the price, he is a steal and I am looking for him to really step up with Flip now being out.

It was already said, but I am really happy whenever he plays well, gets a goal or makes a good feed. I feel like he is an underdog here and I want him to do well!

Wonder where all the negative people are now?

Seriously.....it seemed like I was alone when I was going crazy about getting him back in the summer. Now all of a sudden theres a million Bert fans. Haha

Edited by ShanahanMan

He's playing well, and I'm glad to hear he's having fun, but a little more production would be nice. With that said, I'm convinced he's just snake-bitten for the time being.

He might be playing well, but he is still a -7.

Not uncommon for a solid player to have a bad plus/minus when the team he is playing on is playing like s***. His -7 is more a result of piss poor goaltending and shabby play from the defensemen. He's playing a stronger two-way game than I have ever seen from him.

Edited by Broken 16