• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Vladifan

Penguins win again.

Rate this topic

All it takes for the Penguins to get beat is by some decent western teams.

Sabres and Caps (pre-Ovi) are playing well in the east, but Penguins have faced neither of them. They'll get schooled by the Sabres you watch.

San Jose will school the Penguins tomorrow. The Penguins are only winning because they have been playing weak teams. Put them up against a few good team, they'll flop... like they did last nights 5-2 loss against the Coyotes.

They don't have Malkin, Gonchar, Talbot, or Kennedy. They'll be fine haha. Judging them off a little slump without 4 very key players is a kinda jumping the gun.

:blink:

Wait, so Penguins fans' can tell Red Wings to get over it for losing in the finals, injuries is all part of the game and the better team won. But here you are using injuries as an excuse. So if Penguins win, they are the better team, but if Penguins lose, it's because of injuries. Gotcha.

:blink:

Wait, so Penguins fans' can tell Red Wings to get over it for losing in the finals, injuries is all part of the game and the better team won. But here you are using injuries as an excuse. So if Penguins win, they are the better team, but if Penguins lose, it's because of injuries. Gotcha.

Thing is they are still the best team in the league statistically. A couple loses and they'll go down to second place and still 3 points ahead of the next closest Eastern Conference team. While the Red Wing's are still 15th.

Thing is they are still the best team in the league statistically. A couple loses and they'll go down to second place and still 3 points ahead of the next closest Eastern Conference team. While the Red Wing's are still 15th.

Way to skate around being called out out on your flawed logic.

Way to skate around being called out out on your flawed logic.

What flawed logic? None of the Penguin's players are going to be out for a significant length of time. The regular season is long, and a little slump shouldn't be the way to judge a team's performance. I didn't judge the Red Wing's when they had the abysmal start they had, and I think it's silly trying to say the Penguin's aren't good when they have clearly had the best start of any team so far this season. That's all I'm saying. I'm certainly not the straw-man that Mr. Viking Erection is conferring with when he says I blamed all the loses on injuries.

Thanks for you're feedback though, it's appreciated.

What flawed logic? None of the Penguin's players are going to be out for a significant length of time. The regular season is long, and a little slump shouldn't be the way to judge a team's performance. I didn't judge the Red Wing's when they had the abysmal start they had, and I think it's silly trying to say the Penguin's aren't good when they have clearly had the best start of any team so far this season. That's all I'm saying. I'm certainly not the straw-man that Mr. Viking Erection is conferring with when he says I blamed all the loses on injuries.

More examples that you're logic is flawed.

1). Peguins are in the East. The East is bush league compared to the West.

2). Granted, there are a couple good teams in the East. Non of which the Penguins played. Look at their schedule. Penguins are playing weak teams and have lost to the tough games (Coyotes--Pens had a healthy roster and Kings). Penguins are not fairing well against good teams. So again, you are refusing to look at the facts and want to jump-up-and-down like a little school girl saying "Penguins are winning. Penguins are winning". Link to their schedule: http://penguins.nhl.com/club/schedule.htm - Note they have not played Caps or Sabres.

3). Good teams win despite injuries and don't need to use that as an excuse. Look at the Red Wings... where is their credit? They've had a much... much... much harder schedule than the Penguins and have long term injuries against their top goal scorer for 4-6 months, 2nd or 3rd best puck carrier out 4-6 weeks. Top stay at home Dman out for.. a year. May is grit and sandpaper that is out. Yet the Wings just ended the the red hot San Jose Sharks insane winning streak.

I suggest you stop feeding into the bS hype by the media. Penguins are an eastern team with the fortune that they're not playing many competing teams.

Edited by Viking_Erection

More examples that you're logic is flawed.

1). Peguins are in the East. The East is bush league compared to the West.

2). Granted, there are a couple good teams in the East. Non of which the Penguins played. Look at their schedule. Penguins are playing weak teams and have lost to the tough games (Coyotes--Pens had a healthy roster and Kings). Penguins are not fairing well against good teams. So again, you are refusing to look at the facts and want to jump-up-and-down like a little school girl saying "Penguins are winning. Penguins are winning". Link to their schedule: http://penguins.nhl.com/club/schedule.htm - Note they have not played Caps or Sabres.

3). Good teams win despite injuries and don't need to use that as an excuse. Look at the Red Wings... where is their credit? They've had a much... much... much harder schedule than the Penguins and have long term injuries against their top goal scorer for 4-6 months, 2nd or 3rd best puck carrier out 4-6 weeks. Top stay at home Dman out for.. a year. May is grit and sandpaper that is out. Yet the Wings just ended the the red hot San Jose Sharks insane winning streak.

I suggest you stop feeding into the bS hype by the media. Penguins are an eastern team with the fortune that they're not playing many competing teams.

You have got to be kidding with this post. Calling a whole league crap? Then saying a team is bad because they won games. Then using a double standard to compare injuries of teams. I'm not even going to give this post any credit whatsoever. I'm not saying the Penguin's are the best team in the league, I am saying that calling them bad is completely ridiculous.

Just curious where will the end of in the playoff picture? I'll go on record saying they'll be a 1-3 seed . How about you?

Edited by Carman

It would be more sensible to make an analysis of a team in say March or April instead of splitting hairs on a game by game basis. In the end it's a marathon season and even then, you have the playoffs which is another beast altogether.

I didn't think the Pens would have a start like this. I stated they wouldn't win their division before the season started and I'm standing by that prediction, wrong or not. Too play at this high of a level for 82 games, just look at San Jose and the results they have from a great regular season. I hope the Pens have a great reg season and have to play at a higher level because they are the pretending, I mean defending, champs. I'm still not sold on Fleury and if an opposing coach has any sense, watch what Detroit did to Crosby. . . you can neutralize him. Malkin had better be 100% upon his return, teams will be checking him against the boards when given the opportunity.

Now, factor in a reg season and an Olympic showing. . . Pens will run out of gas, I'm sure of it. No better than a 2nd round showing this year. Criticize all you want and it's not sour grapes.

It would be more sensible to make an analysis of a team in say March or April instead of splitting hairs on a game by game basis. In the end it's a marathon season and even then, you have the playoffs which is another beast altogether.

Doing it this way makes us feel better after you lose. :) If we looked at your 8-2 record over the last 10 games it'd just make us sad.

Doing it this way makes us feel better after you lose. :) If we looked at your 8-2 record over the last 10 games it'd just make us sad.

I understand...nobody's immune to it, especially when it's our own team. We all know within a given week a team goes from contender to not making the playoffs and back again. ;)

Edited by Free_Candy

"the penguins aren't good" is more of a "i wish we were still up there" than a true judgement...

Penguins will cool off, no biggie. I consistently get frustrated with the amount of mileage Western teams have to travel through the season vs. the Eastern Conference, but that's how the game is played.

The Penguin's record is bordering on unbeatable. And depressing. Meanwhile, although the stats for total points is surprisingly the same between the top 2-3 teams in both conferences, I assume the Eastern Conference teams are still supposed to be weaker than the WC teams. I honestly don't watch enough of other teams' games. So I'm asking here, can the Caps or maybe the Rangers, etc., possibly take 'em out, or do you all think there are teams from the Western Conference that have a good chance to beat them? (Avs, Sharks, etc.) This, of course, depends on who the Penguins play during the regular season and is barring any injuries the Penguins might incur. God forbid. :cool:

lets take a look at the penguins schedule so far:

NYR - win 3-2

NYI - win 4-3

PHO - loss 3-0

PHI - win 5-4

TOR - win 5-2

OTT - win 4-1

CAR - win 3-2

TB - win 4-1

STL - win 5-1

FLA - win 3-2

NJ - loss 4-1

MTL - win 6-1

CBJ - win 4-3

MIN - loss 2-1

ANA - win 4-3

LA - loss 5-2

out of that list, lets see how many good teams they play against...rangers and flyers, blues and devils are so-so, and the ducks outplayed them and lost by a goal. pretty pathetic schedule to gauge their greatness by. and with games this month against a half dead bruins team twice, ottawa, NYI, montreal and florida the wins should keep piling up. we'll see how well they stack up against the sharks on saturday and end the month with a home and home against the rangers. watch for the pens to have a little more difficulty in december. see how many 1 goal game wins they scrape out then.

Pens had two big blow-outs and lost two games out west so far against a couple of good teams. 5-2 and 5-1 respectively. I've been saying all along the Penguins are only doing as well as their lucky schedule gave them.

I was holding judgement towards the Penguins until I see them get tested by decent teams. They've failed the test ever time. Coyotes, Devils, Sharks and Kings have all whooped the Pens.

If I was a Pens fan I would be more concerned about the fact that their offense has looked dead with Malkin and Gonchar out of the lineup. Without the two of them at 100%, I would say a repeat as champs is highly unlikely.

its basically the same as Wings can't win a cup with Zetta and Lids out of the line up or Datsyuk and Lidstrom out of the line up...