• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Vladifan

Penguins win again.

Rate this topic

To be fair, the Sharks are suffering from big injuries too. Blake is the Sharks' Lidstrom and they still shut down the Pens.

Rob Blake doesn't quarterback their first PP, or lead the team in ice time. He's their 3rd in TOI. He still contributes, but not to the level Gonchar/Lidstrom do.

Edited by Carman

Rob Blake doesn't quarterback their first PP, or lead the team in ice time. He's their 3rd in TOI. He still contributes, but not to the level Gonchar/Lidstrom do.

And yet the Sharks still completely shut down the Penguins. Lol. Funny how Penguins' fans are using injuries as an excuse yet refuse to acknowledge that the Sharks are beat up and facing the injury bug too.

What is happening to the Penguins is what I hoped would happen. They're coming up against better(Western) teams, albeit with injuries on both sides, and they're finding they are not invincible. I watched a lot of their game with the Sharks, and they didn't handle losing at all well. McKee went berserk toward the end of the game and after the fifth goal was scored, it looked like Orpik was also thinking of going ballistic. Made my evening, especially after the Wings' game. But WE beat the Sharks and THEY beat the Penguins.

So mebee we won't be handing out any trophies to ANYbody just yet, I'm thinking...

Guest CaliWingsNut
Wow-- well now we know who can play Bettman in the movie adaptation of his life story.

Paul Reubens?

At the risk of reviving this thread, I just wanted to throw in that the Penguins finally took a long trip out west this month and lost 3/4 games getting shut out in their last two.

They are now missing Malkin, Gonchar, Orpik, Talbot, Kennedy. Letang and Crosby are both playing injured. They are screwed for the time being, luckily for them none of the injuries are especially long. I'll hold my judgment on them once I see them play good teams when they at least have a couple of top 6 players.

At the risk of reviving this thread, I just wanted to throw out that teams that are experiencing many key injuries they usually have a tough time winning games.

I wasnt saying anything other than the fact that they are human and lose games when they have a tough road trip. I dont really care who they have injured, every team is missing key players. Your sarcasm is much appreciated though.

Edited by skyphoenix

I wasnt saying anything other than the fact that they are human and lose games when they have a tough road trip. I dont really care who they have injured, every team is missing key players. Your sarcasm is much appreciated though.

I wasn't saying anything other than the fact that a team missing a top 3 player in the league, their PP quarterback and leading TOI defenseman, 2 big PKers and energy guys, Orpik their big PK and physical defenseman and having another top 5 player in the league and their 2-3rd defenseman play through injuries. Not every team is missing as big of players as Pittsburgh is. Sorry not trying to be a dick about this just throwing my input in aswell...

They are now missing Malkin, Gonchar, Orpik, Talbot, Kennedy. Letang and Crosby are both playing injured. They are screwed for the time being, luckily for them none of the injuries are especially long. I'll hold my judgment on them once I see them play good teams when they at least have a couple of top 6 players.

At the risk of reviving this thread, I just wanted to throw out that teams that are experiencing many key injuries they usually have a tough time winning games.

Yes, because injuries should always be used as an absolute excuse for losses. :rolleyes:

Yes, because injuries should always be used as an absolute excuse for losses. :rolleyes:

SCF last year? Not saying you personally used injuries as an excuse, but many other Red Wing's fans did. Certainly is a factor in losses.

The interesting thing with the Penguins vanishing offense isn't whether or not it will return (it will), but that with Malkin out Crosby has been unable to respond the way Malkin did the times Crosby was injured. I think this is a little bit of a nod to Malkin being the better of the two. The past two seasons when Crosby went down the team stayed the course, or in some cases improved... Without Malkin Crosby's gone on his longest pointless streak (5 games).

I think the injuries to the major teams is why you can look at the standings and see teams like Phoenix and Columbus doing so well. They dont really have any key injuries like the Penguins, the Sharks, Boston, or Detroit have.

The interesting thing with the Penguins vanishing offense isn't whether or not it will return (it will), but that with Malkin out Crosby has been unable to respond the way Malkin did the times Crosby was injured. I think this is a little bit of a nod to Malkin being the better of the two. The past two seasons when Crosby went down the team stayed the course, or in some cases improved... Without Malkin Crosby's gone on his longest pointless streak (5 games).

Well Crosby is affected with the lose of Gonchar aswell Malkin, their PP has been dreadful lately. Crosby is also playing with a groin injury and is noticeable affecting his skating, not to mention he is carrying around Bill Guerin who looks every bit of his age and is not playing good hockey right now. Malkin certainly has more talent then Crosby without a doubt, but as a pretty avid viewer of Penguin's game Malkin has the tendency to take nights/shifts off, where as Crosby is much more consistent when it comes to the little, important battles within the game. It might not be on the stat sheet, but that's what makes Crosby a leader beyond the stat sheet.

In before the Crosby hate by people who don't even watch the games.

Well Crosby is affected with the lose of Gonchar aswell Malkin, their PP has been dreadful lately. Crosby is also playing with a groin injury and is noticeable affecting his skating, not to mention he is carrying around Bill Guerin who looks every bit of his age and is not playing good hockey right now. Malkin certainly has more talent then Crosby without a doubt, but as a pretty avid viewer of Penguin's game Malkin has the tendency to take nights/shifts off, where as Crosby is much more consistent when it comes to the little, important battles within the game. It might not be on the stat sheet, but that's what makes Crosby a leader beyond the stat sheet.

So even when the Pens lose (and lose badly, 2 SO's, no goals in 7 periods, Crosby pointless in 5 and counting) he is still the be-all, end-all of the NHL.

Gotta agree about Malkin, have seen him very often not skate into the defensive zone. . . too busy not playing defense and would rather cherry pick for his breakaway opportunity. . . all the while his team is 5-on-4 in their own end at even strength

Last night, seemed the Pens went out of their way to try and get Cindy a point, costing them quality scoring chances had they just shot the puck instead of the extra pass.

Not a Crosby hater, I've watched more than my share my Pens games (playoffs and regular season), and I do think Crosby has more of a complete game. That being said, this really makes me question what has been pretty much a league-wide assumption (challenged only by Malkin's monster season last year), that Crosby is better. And if I recall correctly (dont have the time to look it up) Malkin was dealing with Gonchar's absence last year as well while Crosby was out.

Not a Crosby hater, I've watched more than my share my Pens games (playoffs and regular season), and I do think Crosby has more of a complete game. That being said, this really makes me question what has been pretty much a league-wide assumption (challenged only by Malkin's monster season last year), that Crosby is better. And if I recall correctly (dont have the time to look it up) Malkin was dealing with Gonchar's absence last year as well while Crosby was out.

That is correct I believe Malkin was dealing with it at least partially. That said Crosby didn't have much of an issue in 05-06 without Malkin. I just think it's a little unfair to base the Malkin vs. Crosby thing on personal stats while the whole team is struggling with very key injuries, that's all.

That is correct I believe Malkin was dealing with it at least partially. That said Crosby didn't have much of an issue in 05-06 without Malkin. I just think it's a little unfair to base the Malkin vs. Crosby thing on personal stats while the whole team is struggling with very key injuries, that's all.

Hence why I didn't proclaim it as the official end of the debate and initially said it was "a little bit of a nod to Malkin being the better of the two." Oh, and in 05-06 I would say Crosby had a pretty big issue without Malkin. They were 22-46-14 for a grand total of 58 points, as opposed to the 105 points in Malkin's rookie season the following year (not that I'm saying the turnaround has everything to do with Malkin). So, individual stats aside, 05-06 was not a very successful campaign.

Edited by RedWings Gone Wild

I really hope Kopitar can stay healthy. This should be his breakout season, he is an amazing talent.

Looks promising so far. Im happy for him cuz we all knew he had great pottential and that it was only a matter of time before he would work his way up to be one of the top Russian scorers. Good year for him to do it too. Know Russia has another top forward for the Olympics which i cant wait for (i.e. Canada vs Russia in the finals)

<...>he would work his way up to be one of the top Russian scorers.
Never gonna happen...

He's not Russian, he's Slovenian.

:)

Edited by ami

At the risk of reviving this thread, I just wanted to throw in that the Penguins finally took a long trip out west this month and lost 3/4 games getting shut out in their last two.

As was stated before, most of their games hadn't been against any threatening competition, of course their record will be bloated. Come out to the West though, and that's halted.

Here comes the Pittsburgh apologist.