• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Vladifan

Penguins win again.

Rate this topic

Here comes the Pittsburgh apologist.

Yes, apologist is stating things that have been written in every column, talked about on every radio station, and every internet forum regarding the team. I'm not saying anything completely biased or skewed there.

I didn't want to make a new thread, and to be perfectly honest I feel guilty for posting this here but I have to get this off my chest and I don't know where else to turn:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=505923

Summary: This is an article about Crosby's assist tonight, and how he just ended a personal scoring drought. Thank God nhl.com was quick enough to whip up this article (the game isn't over yet by the way) so I can have my immediate up-to-date news on the latest Crosby related information.

I didn't want to make a new thread, and to be perfectly honest I feel guilty for posting this here but I have to get this off my chest and I don't know where else to turn:

Summary: This is an article about Crosby's assist tonight, and how he just ended a personal scoring drought. Thank God nhl.com was quick enough to whip up this article (the game isn't over yet by the way) so I can have my immediate up-to-date news on the latest Crosby related information.

Hopefully, Wall Street is breathing a sigh of relief and the markets can go back on an upturn.

The more Crosby struggles, the more I think we're f**ked in the Olympics as Canadians. I don't want him anywhere on the ice in the dying minutes of a close game.

Reminds me of a plus-rated comment on TSN from a few days ago.

(paraphrasing) "I think we can forget about Crosby being the next 'Great One'. The real 'Great One' never went five games without a point."

This season will tell Malkin is better than Crosby. Seriosuly, what has crosby done by himself while Malkin himself put up the Pens in the playoff in 07-08?

are you really going to say that? you know who will start crying because you said that....just watch the next few posts...its coming..........*waiting*

This season will tell Malkin is better tha Crosby. Seriosuly, what has crosby done by himself while Malkin himself put up the Pens in the playoff in 07-08?

I don't... maybe carry the pens through the first two series last year? Or scoring over 100 points as a rookie. Or play very consistent hockey and be a face of a franchise from the age 19 years old?

Malkin is damn good no doubt. He can take over games, it's just he seems to have the Federov complex of sometimes not showing up when you need him.

are you really going to say that? you know who will start crying because you said that....just watch the next few posts...its coming..........*waiting*

haha you know I can't resist....

Edited by Carman

Penguins are nose-diving in reply to their key injuries. Makes me all the more happy we're 6-1-1 in our last eight despite our guys dropping like flies.

Penguins are nose-diving in reply to their key injuries. Makes me all the more happy we're 6-1-1 in our last eight despite our guys dropping like flies.

You know what would be nice? If our depth could show up in the playoffs.

The absence of Pittsburgh's best player, their Conn Smythe winner, is what's wrong with them.

Yeah, but I'm still gonna enjoy their losses while I can, no matter what the reason(s). It's its own kind of sick therapy. I can definitely live with that. :cheesy:

Despite the disaster that has been the early season injuries, they aren't quite to the point where four of their top six forwards and both of their top pairing defensemen are nursing significant injuries, so they're ahead of the curve right now.

The absence of Pittsburgh's best player, their Conn Smythe winner, is what's wrong with them.

I just wish they didn't have so many other guys down, otherwise it could be the definitive Malkin > Crosby argument, since they haven't missed a beat the couple times Sid's been hurt.

Are you implying that a team that went to Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Final did not have their depth show up in the playoffs?

they had their depth show up in the playoffs, it was the superstars performance that made me sick to my stomach. hossa and datsyuk were non-existent, your best players have to be your best players if you are going to win, simple as that. (guys like abby. sammy, cleary, filpula SHOULD NOT EVER HAVE MORE POINTS THEN DATS ANYTIME.... guy gets 6 mill per year to score 1 playoff goal, pathetic. look at crosby and malkinss points in the playoffs next to dats and tell me who deserved to win the cup... thea team with its superstars lighting it up or the team with the superstars playing supers***ty.

Since you don't recall, our depth was the entire reason we were able to perform in the playoffs. Our top tier guys were the ones that were less than effective... Datsyuk was injured and less than spectacular, Hossa was a no-show, Lids was out for a bit, Rafalski was out for a bit, Holms was injured and very average... That's practically a #1 scoring line performing subpar. Our depth was contributing very nicely.... Cleary had his best games in the playoffs, same with Franzen, Helm, Abdel, and Flip was offensively more potent than he's ever been before or after (he outscored Hossa)...

Penguins aren't doing so well as of late, are they? I kind of figured they'd fizzle out. Sabres, Caps and Devils are the teams to watch in the east this year imo.

I don't know about the Sabres. The only reason they sit atop the division is because of Miller, don't know how long he can keep up the torrid pace he is currently on.