• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Vladifan

Penguins win again.

Rate this topic

The Penguin's record is bordering on unbeatable. And depressing. Meanwhile, although the stats for total points is surprisingly the same between the top 2-3 teams in both conferences, I assume the Eastern Conference teams are still supposed to be weaker than the WC teams. I honestly don't watch enough of other teams' games. So I'm asking here, can the Caps or maybe the Rangers, etc., possibly take 'em out, or do you all think there are teams from the Western Conference that have a good chance to beat them? (Avs, Sharks, etc.) This, of course, depends on who the Penguins play during the regular season and is barring any injuries the Penguins might incur. God forbid. :cool:

Caps could maybe take out the Pens. Rangers with a healthy Gaborik and Lundqvist on top of his game? Not impossible. But I think the Pens are the runaway favorite to win not only the East but the SCF as well. But many teams have been in that position and had 1st or 2nd round exits, so you never know.

I've seen a fair share of Pens and Avs games this year. I would say both teams (epecially Avs) were really lucky this season. There will a a point in time where all those blind shots, deflections, etc will stop going into the net. However, both Pens and Avs are good teams that will pose a good record after all. Play-offs are a different universe though...

Guest Lidstromboli
I assume the Eastern Conference teams are still supposed to be weaker than the WC teams

maybe you shouldn't

I believe the Rangers were "unbeatable" a few years ago and everyone jumped on their bandwagon. Then they missed the playoffs.

Not saying Pittsburgh will miss the playoffs, but the regular season is much different.

No denying they're doing better than the Wings, though, albeit against weaker opponents, too.

Penguin's will 3 peat. They have the best player currently in the game(who knows were he will end up historically but he very well could be the most talented player in history), who keeps getting better in every phase of the game, a top 5 player, a great goalie, great coach and amazing depth. Injuries won't even harm them as long as they are missing all of their top 6 players.

Edited by Carman

Penguins are playing decent like they should, but are extremely overrated and hyped by the media. Penguins are completely overrated but people refuse to look at the facts.

What teams have Penguins faced that are challenging? The Islanders? The Panthers? The Hurricanes? The Maple Leafs? The Canadians? Not very challenging teams to say the least...

Pens are 1-1 against decent teams. Penguins beat the Rangers in the opening season (with home ice advantage none-the-less) and lost to the Coyotes.

Penguins would have a very, very different record/standing if they have faced teams that are playing good hockey right now.

Pens have not faced the Kings yet

Pens have not faced Chicago yet

Pens have not faced the Avs yet

Pens have not faced San Jose yet

Pens have not faced the Capitals yet

Pens have not faced the Sabres yet

Pens have not faced the Wings yet

(While the Red Wings faced nearly every hot team so far this season)

.... and guess what, Penguins get to face the Wild tonight--WHOOP!--another none contender team that's not playing good hockey. But the media will make it sound like the Penguins just defeated the team of a life time, and overrated the Win like it's phenomenal.

Penguins success is their lucky (easy) schedule. Switch the schedule with the Red Wings and you'll see the Wings getting a bunch of "W".

Don't be sheep and look at the facts from an objective standpoint. Penguins are just winning games that any decent team should win.

They've been lucky quite a few times this season including the shootout winning goal last night by Crosby. With Malkin and Gonchar out they should slow down soon.

The Penguin's record is bordering on unbeatable. And depressing. Meanwhile, although the stats for total points is surprisingly the same between the top 2-3 teams in both conferences, I assume the Eastern Conference teams are still supposed to be weaker than the WC teams. I honestly don't watch enough of other teams' games. So I'm asking here, can the Caps or maybe the Rangers, etc., possibly take 'em out, or do you all think there are teams from the Western Conference that have a good chance to beat them? (Avs, Sharks, etc.) This, of course, depends on who the Penguins play during the regular season and is barring any injuries the Penguins might incur. God forbid. :cool:

who cares about the regular season if we meet them again in the playoffs we will defeat them :angry:

Edited by redwingfan19

Who is the Penguin?

OBviously I was referring to Crosby. :rolleyes: Sorry about the grammatical booboo. I usually pride myself on that stuff. However, pride has been known to end in a pratfall...

Meanwhile, I like what I'm reading here. The Penguins haven't played anyone stellar, but that might also speak to the fact that the Eastern Conference is weaker than the WC. Until somebody in their own conference hands it to them, I'm thinking that may be the case. I may have to break down and check out their schedule to see if they play anyone on Viking's list in particular. I would love to see us or the Avs take them to somebody's cleaners.

As far as there (they're/their?!) getting breaks, I don't watch 'em enough. I want to keep my TV intact.

Edited by Vladifan

Well they are the model franchise, right bettman?

I hate them. And if they repeat as Cup Champs which everybody in hockey wants, us Wings fans will never hear the end of it.

I must correct myself again. The Devils beat them. So there's hope for the Eastern Conference.

And they play the Kings and Sharks back-to-back in early November, and the Avs and Blackhawks in early December. And Hossa's skating again. Be afraid. Be very afraid. :ph34r:

Nobody can.

Might as well pack it in since the Penguins are doing so hot IN OCTOBER.

Doc,I can see your going to be a tough nut to crack and bring over into the light.

The rest of you,when you come over,just think there will be fewer late games to have to stay up and watch.More sleep time.

Lets suppsose the Pens would have gotten off to a really bad start. You guys would feel even worse wondering why you couldn't beat them in the finals ?!?

Doc,I can see your going to be a tough nut to crack and bring over into the light.

The rest of you,when you come over,just think there will be fewer late games to have to stay up and watch.More sleep time.

Lets suppsose the Pens would have gotten off to a really bad start. You guys would feel even worse wondering why you couldn't beat them in the finals ?!?

No because they would be going through this "Stanley Cup Hangover" that every cup winner is expected to go through.

I've never understood people that join other teams forums to troll like this. Is life really that boring for you? That's sad.

Pens just lost to the Worst team in the West. They're having a good streak to start, and while they appear to be the best or one of the best in the East, it's been proven many times that President's Trophies are not Stanley Cups.

apparently, it took worst team on the west to shove it to their asses... :)

I guess, Gary took an unexpected break...

@Dan Bylsma, go help you great f-ing captain to change a diaper, he must be now crying a river ...