• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
ryan91

Michael Nylander?

Rate this topic

I was just looking at the Griffins stats this year and couldn't help but notice Michael Nylander's numbers. A goal and 5 assists in 5 games...I know he is on a two week conditioning assignment with Grand Rapids, but what does that exactly mean? As property of the Capitals, shouldn't he be completing this assignment with the Hershey Bears? If not, I think he would be a good fill in for Filpulla in the 6-8 weeks he is out.

I was just looking at the Griffins stats this year and couldn't help but notice Michael Nylander's numbers. A goal and 5 assists in 5 games...I know he is on a two week conditioning assignment with Grand Rapids, but what does that exactly mean? As property of the Capitals, shouldn't he be completing this assignment with the Hershey Bears? If not, I think he would be a good fill in for Filpulla in the 6-8 weeks he is out.

He's still 100% property of the Caps. Only way I'd bring him in was if he came down on reentry waivers so we were only paying half of his laughably bloated contract.

The Washington Capitals, Grand Rapids Griffins and the Wings worked out a deal to send him there so he doesn't take ice time away from prospects playing for Hershey.

See http://www.mlive.com/griffins/index.ssf/20...ael_nylade.html

When the Griffs brought him in they were 1-4 (all road games) and about to open a 5 game homestand where they wanted to turn things around. Nylander was an attempt to give the team a shot in the arm and jump start the offense. Considering they went 5-0 at home I'd say it worked.

He's still 100% property of the Caps. Only way I'd bring him in was if he came down on reentry waivers so we were only paying half of his laughably bloated contract.

I would also gladly accept a Nylander with half of his cap hit. But if he goes through the reentry waiwers no way there isn t a team who would pick him before us.. :(

His 2 week conditioning stint ended Friday. I was listening to the Washington game on XM Sat Radio last night on the way to my game. I think Nylander was playing for Washington already.

He would have more goals if he actually game 100% .. he just floats around and lauches strikes at his teammates for goals .. I'll put money on it that he thinks he above the AHL.. Lazy-and-he-sucks

Jagr/Nylander/Straka was one of the best lines in the league for quite a while.. Nylander is a very good player if used correctly (Rags did a huge mistake trading him, if they hadn't they'd probably still have Jagr). He actually wouldn't be that bad on the Wings, he'd fit right in with the puck-possession style the Wings play. He'd definitely be an upgrade from Williams, but that's assuming we could get him for half or less his current cap hit.

Edited by dat's sick

He would have more goals if he actually game 100% .. he just floats around and lauches strikes at his teammates for goals .. I'll put money on it that he thinks he above the AHL.. Lazy-and-he-sucks

The games I went to for the Griffins he was usually one of the first forwards back...

The games I went to for the Griffins he was usually one of the first forwards back...

Absolutely. He was a huge presence on the ice here in Grand Rapids. Further, he asked to come to the AHL for conditioning in order to get a lot of ice time to get in game shape quickly. He wasn't forced to.

That was part of the reason the deal was made with GR rather than Hershey. Grand Rapids had the veteran space to get him on the ice for 5 straight games.

Nylander is a money vacuum for the Caps. Every game i go to, he's a healthy scratch. The caps are trying to get rid of him as he has a pretty decent impact on the salary cap. My hunch is, get rid of nylander, use that $$ for backstrom / semin.

Nylander doesnt too much for the caps and simply does not fit the long term plans.

B