• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

CenterIce

A positive post

Rate this topic

Some one mentioned the home versus away record, before. If you look at the games played at JLA, they are 3-0-1. Away from JLA, they are 2-4-2. Because of the Swedish trip and the long West coast trip, they have had few home games. Let's see how they look after November, when they have a few home games, including 4 in a row.

Also, we are only 4 points out of the division lead.

Edited by CenterIce

The Wings have defeated Chicago, Washington and LA, and Pittsburg (pre-season). There is a lot of hockey to be played. We have two of the three things needed to win the Cup: Good coach and good players. All we need now is a little good luck with injuries and the bounce of the puck. If the good luck all comes at the end of the year , that works for me. Joe S

Watch the Red Wings first 2 games of the season and then watch the Red Wings last two game they played, you'll see two different teams. The first two games was horrible passing, offsides, faceoffs, bounces, defense, suspect goaltending, lazy, tired, rusty, and no chemistry.

The lack of chemistry early on, I think, was Wings' biggest issue along with lazy-lack of interest play. Now they look much more solid with better passing, better communication, faceoffs and overall team hunger.

By the end of November, I expect the Wings to be unstoppable even with their injuries. I have no worries. This is a Class A team with the best ownership, management and coach in the entire NHL.

If they get healthy; stay healthy; they will win the cup. :thumbup:

The Wings have played well against teams they knew to respect (Washington, Chicago), they played good but incomplete games against teams they've traditionally fared well against and possibly underestimated (St. Louis, Phoenix, Colorado), they showed some pluckiness against Vancouver and Edmonton, and Calgary looked like old-school Wings hockey (vintage '08, the good old-school). Boston and San Jose will be tough games as early as this week. If they can indeed build off the Calgary game, and respect these two very tough teams, then they should be on their way to a win streak.

The Wings have played well against teams they knew to respect (Washington, Chicago), they played good but incomplete games against teams they've traditionally fared well against and possibly underestimated (St. Louis, Phoenix, Colorado), they showed some pluckiness against Vancouver and Edmonton, and Calgary looked like old-school Wings hockey (vintage '08, the good old-school). Boston and San Jose will be tough games as early as this week. If they can indeed build off the Calgary game, and respect these two very tough teams, then they should be on their way to a win streak.

Boston (6-6-1) has underperformed so far this year, which is largely due to key injuries and the departure of Phil Kessel, so now is as good a time as any to catch the Bruins.

Boston (6-6-1) has underperformed so far this year, which is largely due to key injuries and the departure of Phil Kessel, so now is as good a time as any to catch the Bruins.

They're like our evil twins from that alternate dimension known as the Eastern Conference.

I was listenning to team 1040 out of vancouver and ray ferraro was on. He was talkinga bout how the wings players missed training camp and were not anywhere near game conditioned yet, let alone got there timing down with eachother.

Dats and Z and Lids are still getting over there injuries and D anbd Z are still hugely feared by opponents. Then here comes frikin Bertuzzi, then Helm comes at you...No worries.

:shocking:

Is there any way to frame this thread?

Bronze it?

Have it automatically show up whenever the Debbie Downers show up?

I'm so very proud to know all of you. Your perspective alone gives you class. :notworthy:

While i think the wings will be ok, the thing that worries me is chicago. They have some key injuries as well, and when they get some players back, particularly hossa, they will be tough to beat. Everyone is so quick to jump on their bad goaltending and shakey defense, but i think (not 100% sure) that they have the second lowest goals against in the west and also a very low shots against.

If their D and goaltending stays about where it is, they will be tough to beat, as much as i hate to say it.

Positive posts are not allowed until the day of, and immediately after, a Stanley Cup win.

You can't kid me with your harsh words. Because of your highly polished sense of silliness, I'm proud to know you too.

:thumbup:

Some one mentioned the home versus away record, before. If you look at the games played at JLA, they are 3-0-1. Away from JLA, they are 2-4-2. Because of the Swedish trip and the long West coast trip, they have had few home games. Let's see how they look after November, when they have a few home games, including 4 in a row.

Also, we are only 4 points out of the division lead.

Indeed. Plenty to sort out and get through over an 80+ game season.

Great post, high five man! :P

blog_highfive.jpg