• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Yzerfan1999

Ducks Forward Erik Christensen on waivers

Rate this topic

If Holland gets the chance, he should pick this guy up. $750 000 cap hit, we are down a couple of forwards right now, and at the VERY least he will help us in the shootouts...god knows we need it.

RFA next year btw.

Anyone remember when he was with Pittsburgh? He has great hands, and I remember watching him and thinking he was going to be lights out...then he was shipped off the Atlanta in the Hossa deal and hasn't been the same since.

I know everyone talks about how Dan Cleary rejuvenated his career here, and Eaves is the Wings next project, but I could really see something like that happening to this kid.

Then again, I bet he gets picked up earlier in waivers.

Just a thought!.

Not a bad option. He's a relatively big body at 6'1" 203 pounds, and he did score 18 goals in just 61 games in his rookie year. Not to mention, those goals were scored with relatively limited ice-time. He's not a game-breaker, but with the right linemates, he could potentially do a little damage. Interested to see what happens here.

Edited by The Mule

Can anyone answer, where Detroit sits in que when a player is put on waivers?

Up until Oct 31st, it was based on last season (which is how the Kings got Jones). The good news is they just reshuffled based on this season's record. So I would think the Wings are 12th in line, unless one of those 11 in front of them has already picked someone off waivers this year (which would move them to the back of the line)?

That's kind of a guess on my part, but I think that's how it works.

Edited by haroldsnepsts

Up until Oct 31st, it was based on last season (which is how the Kings got Jones). The good news is they just reshuffled based on this season's record. So I would think the Wings are 12th in line, unless one of those 11 in front of them has already picked someone off waivers this year?

that's my understanding as well...

Up until Oct 31st, it was based on last season (which is how the Kings got Jones). The good news is they just reshuffled based on this season's record. So I would think the Wings are 12th in line, unless one of those 11 in front of them has already picked someone off waivers this year (which would move them to the back of the line)?

Thanks. I just never took the time to understand it completely. I knew it had something to do with a previous record. Whens the last time Detroit picked anyone up off of waivers? I can't remember.

People really thinking Babs and Kenny looking to replace Leino just because they scratched him. : D

Naw I didn't suggest this as a replacement for Leino, more of a fill in for Franzen and Fillpula in the bottom of the lineup.

My understanding was that the waiver priority was based entirely on the season standings as of Nov. 1st, and claiming a player does not put you "at the back of the line" as some suggest.

Christensen won't clear waivers, it's just a matter of where he ends up.

Here's how waivers work:

Waivers used to be based on last season's standings, with a waiver claim that succeeded moving you to the back of the line.

Now, from the end of the season until Oct 31st, waivers are based on a team's point total the previous year. During the season, starting Nov 1st, it is based on winning percentage. Teams do not get moved to the back of the line anymore; the worst team in the league has first priority on as many waiver claims as they want.

However, with some exemptions, if a team claims a player off waivers and attempts to send him to the minors within 30 days, the team must off the player to all other teams that placed waiver claims first.

Chris Chambers from the sandiego chargers is on waivers too... maybe we kenny should pick him up too [/end sarcasm]

If you pick up Christensen for $750k to replace fil/mule while they are gone then you are out that much more of cap room and he is useless when they come back... Just my opinion though... Flips is only gone 6-8 weeks he will be back in no time. But hell pick him up anyway, the money ain't gonna do no good if they sit on it.

Lazy and a bad work ethic. Detroit could whip him into shape, but the last thing they need right now, is more distractions. and easing another body in the mix for no apparent reason doesn't seem like the most viable option.

Bring in Jay Harrison, he just got waived. He'd take some weight off of May and would give us a reason to dump Lebda. ;)

While Harrison would give you some toughness, his giveaways and lack of speed would drive you insane.

This.

If hurricanes fans have thrown him under the bus you know in you're bad shape.