• Please log in to reply
208 replies to this topic

#1 Four

Four

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 08:00 PM

I live very close to Kitchener and I'm sure some of you have heard or seen this already. Terrible hit.

O.o

#2 RusDRW

RusDRW

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,351 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 08:09 PM

nothing special. This is exactly what those players "known for their hits" are doing each and every game. I mean watch more of Perry, Kunitz, especially, Clutterbuck hits. I'm not saying this is ok, I'm just saying we are all "waiting" for the first death to occur as a result of such "hard hitting". And then everybody will chose a person to hate and blame... just like it happened to Bert.
Sweet. This dude was brought here for one reason, to punch people in the head - every other thing that he can do, other Wings can do better. I like that we have a head-puncher. The league has other, better head-punchers, but this one is ours. Better than nothing. Good work, Kenny!

© mikah

#3 BuckeyeWingsfan80

BuckeyeWingsfan80

The more the better

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,913 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 08:11 PM

I guess I'm not seeing why it's considered a dirty hit....this isn't some sissy sport like Soccer or anything.

I mean it absolutely sucks that the kid got hurt and no one wish that on anyone, but it looked pretty clean to me.

Injuries happen in contact sports. It's a drawback sometimes.

Hope the kid is ok.

Edited by BuckeyeWingsfan80, 02 November 2009 - 08:14 PM.

Don't take it from fans on LGW, take it from his peers. NHL players have spoken and they think Tootoo is the dirtiest player in the league.

Get a clue already.

#4 Four

Four

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 08:11 PM

QUOTE (RusDRW @ November 2, 2009 - 09:09PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
nothing special. This is exactly what those players "known for their hits" are doing each and every game. I mean watch more of Perry, Kunitz, especially, Clutterbuck hits. I'm not saying this is ok, I'm just saying we are all "waiting" for the first death to occur as a result of such "hard hitting". And then everybody will chose a person to hate and blame... just like it happened to Bert.

It's not even "hard hitting". Try charging from the blue line, screening yourself with the goalie and hitting with your elbows up.

O.o

#5 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

Huckleberry?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,654 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 08:12 PM

That wasn't a dirty hit. You DON'T turn your back on another player bearing down on you at the last second.

No way you can react when you are inches away from the guy.

#6 RusDRW

RusDRW

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,351 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 08:15 PM

QUOTE (Four @ November 2, 2009 - 08:11PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's not even "hard hitting". Try charging from the blue line, screening yourself with the goalie and hitting with your elbows up.

yes. this is exactly what Perry, Kunitz, Clutterbuch, and a bunch of others are doing... and people tend to call it "hard hitting". smile.gif Still wondering why this is penalized only when there is a serious injury.
Sweet. This dude was brought here for one reason, to punch people in the head - every other thing that he can do, other Wings can do better. I like that we have a head-puncher. The league has other, better head-punchers, but this one is ours. Better than nothing. Good work, Kenny!

© mikah

#7 Four

Four

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 08:16 PM

QUOTE (Doc Holiday @ November 2, 2009 - 09:12PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That wasn't a dirty hit. You DON'T turn your back on another player bearing down on you at the last second.

No way you can react when you are inches away from the guy.

Yes, because it's easy to see around your goalie when the guy is flying in from the far right >.>
Regardless of which way he was hit, it was boarding, charging and an elbow to the head.

O.o

#8 Four

Four

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 08:17 PM

QUOTE (RusDRW @ November 2, 2009 - 09:15PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yes. this is exactly what Perry, Kunitz, Clutterbuch, and a bunch of others are doing... and people tend to call it "hard hitting". smile.gif Still wondering why this is penalized only when there is a serious injury.

And where is your proof?

O.o

#9 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

Huckleberry?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,654 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 08:22 PM

QUOTE (Four @ November 2, 2009 - 08:16PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes, because it's easy to see around your goalie when the guy is flying in from the far right >.>

He looked twice and saw him coming before he even got to the puck. So yes he knew the guy was coming.

QUOTE (Four @ November 2, 2009 - 08:16PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Regardless of which way he was hit, it was boarding, charging and an elbow to the head.

He was right next to the boards, it wasn't a charge (arguably), and his elbow was tucked in.

#10 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 08:27 PM

Good hit, players need to stop turning their back. No way a guy can let up when you turn your back half a second before the guy hits you.

Should of probably been a charging though, that's it.

I agree with Doc.

#11 Four

Four

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 08:27 PM

QUOTE (Doc Holiday @ November 2, 2009 - 09:22PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
and his elbow was tucked in.

I don't really see that as tucked in..

O.o

#12 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 08:28 PM

QUOTE (Four @ November 2, 2009 - 09:27PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That was a follow through. His elbow seemed to be tucked in when he made contact.

#13 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

Huckleberry?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,654 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 08:29 PM

QUOTE (Four @ November 2, 2009 - 08:27PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Of course not, because you chose to show a still of where his elbow was located AFTER contact was made.

That is useless. You could argue he crosschecked him in the head based on that same logic.

#14 Blueliner

Blueliner

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 08:32 PM

It's not a dirty hit. It would have been fine if the guy didn't turn at the last second. The player that made the hit stopped skating at the bottom of the circle and came in with his elbows down.

#15 Broken 16

Broken 16

Bonecrushing Blueliner

• Gold Booster
  • 2,959 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 08:33 PM

QUOTE (Doc Holiday @ November 2, 2009 - 09:29PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Of course not, because you chose to show a still of where his elbow was located AFTER contact was made.

That is useless. You could argue he crosschecked him in the head based on that same logic.

So he fully untucked his elbow before the kids helmet made a full rotation in mid air? Don't be afraid to compile.

Edited by Broken 16, 02 November 2009 - 08:33 PM.

#16 Hack & Whack Rule!

Hack & Whack Rule!

Goofy Wingnut

• PipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 08:34 PM

First of all, I hope the kid will be okay.

Second of all, dude saw the train coming...twice! You can't spin like that to turn your back on somebody and not expect to get hit. He wasn't looking where he should have been. The guys elbows were tucked and he had his guy lined up for a check. That's the name of the game here, folks.

It sucks the kid went down like that, but I don't see anything deserving of a penalty.
Uhh...you might want to duck!

#17 kook_10

kook_10

I Like Our Team

• Gold Booster
  • 2,230 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 08:34 PM

QUOTE (Carman @ November 2, 2009 - 08:27PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Good hit, players need to stop turning their back. No way a guy can let up when you turn your back half a second before the guy hits you.

Should of probably been a charging though, that's it.

I agree with Doc.

The guy broke his stride when he lined him up, so I would say charging would even be iffy. The kid saw him coming before he went behind the net to get the puck. He had the sense to protect and reverse the puck, he just didn't have the sense to protect himself. In fact, he did just the opposite by turning his back.

works every time

#18 Newffan

Newffan

Draftee

• 12 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 08:35 PM

Unfortunately, Doc is right...the kid saw him, and tried to spin away from the check he KNEW was coming...turned his back, and you could see his head hit the stanchion. Players , especially D, try to spin away from checks all the time. This time he didn't quite make it, and it made the hit worse. That being said, I hope he recovers quickly.

#19 Four

Four

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 08:35 PM

QUOTE (Doc Holiday @ November 2, 2009 - 09:29PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No elbow?

O.o

#20 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 08:36 PM

QUOTE (kook_10 @ November 2, 2009 - 09:34PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The guy broke his stride when he lined him up, so I would say charging would even be iffy. The kid saw him coming before he went behind the net to get the puck. He had the sense to protect and reverse the puck, he just didn't have the sense to protect himself. In fact, he did just the opposite by turning his back.

Oh I agree, I probably wouldn't have called charging either. But in a Junior league I wouldn't be surprised if it was called after the outcome.