• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Four

OHL Hit

Rate this topic

Guest Four

I live very close to Kitchener and I'm sure some of you have heard or seen this already. Terrible hit.

nothing special. This is exactly what those players "known for their hits" are doing each and every game. I mean watch more of Perry, Kunitz, especially, Clutterbuck hits. I'm not saying this is ok, I'm just saying we are all "waiting" for the first death to occur as a result of such "hard hitting". And then everybody will chose a person to hate and blame... just like it happened to Bert.

I guess I'm not seeing why it's considered a dirty hit....this isn't some sissy sport like Soccer or anything.

I mean it absolutely sucks that the kid got hurt and no one wish that on anyone, but it looked pretty clean to me.

Injuries happen in contact sports. It's a drawback sometimes.

Hope the kid is ok.

Edited by BuckeyeWingsfan80

Guest Four
nothing special. This is exactly what those players "known for their hits" are doing each and every game. I mean watch more of Perry, Kunitz, especially, Clutterbuck hits. I'm not saying this is ok, I'm just saying we are all "waiting" for the first death to occur as a result of such "hard hitting". And then everybody will chose a person to hate and blame... just like it happened to Bert.

It's not even "hard hitting". Try charging from the blue line, screening yourself with the goalie and hitting with your elbows up.

It's not even "hard hitting". Try charging from the blue line, screening yourself with the goalie and hitting with your elbows up.

yes. this is exactly what Perry, Kunitz, Clutterbuch, and a bunch of others are doing... and people tend to call it "hard hitting". :) Still wondering why this is penalized only when there is a serious injury.

Guest Four
That wasn't a dirty hit. You DON'T turn your back on another player bearing down on you at the last second.

No way you can react when you are inches away from the guy.

Yes, because it's easy to see around your goalie when the guy is flying in from the far right >.>

Regardless of which way he was hit, it was boarding, charging and an elbow to the head.

Guest Four
yes. this is exactly what Perry, Kunitz, Clutterbuch, and a bunch of others are doing... and people tend to call it "hard hitting". :) Still wondering why this is penalized only when there is a serious injury.

And where is your proof?

Yes, because it's easy to see around your goalie when the guy is flying in from the far right >.>

He looked twice and saw him coming before he even got to the puck. So yes he knew the guy was coming.

Regardless of which way he was hit, it was boarding, charging and an elbow to the head.

He was right next to the boards, it wasn't a charge (arguably), and his elbow was tucked in.

Good hit, players need to stop turning their back. No way a guy can let up when you turn your back half a second before the guy hits you.

Should of probably been a charging though, that's it.

I agree with Doc.

elbowe.jpg

I don't really see that as tucked in..

Of course not, because you chose to show a still of where his elbow was located AFTER contact was made.

That is useless. You could argue he crosschecked him in the head based on that same logic.

Of course not, because you chose to show a still of where his elbow was located AFTER contact was made.

That is useless. You could argue he crosschecked him in the head based on that same logic.

So he fully untucked his elbow before the kids helmet made a full rotation in mid air? Don't be afraid to compile.

Edited by Broken 16

First of all, I hope the kid will be okay.

Second of all, dude saw the train coming...twice! You can't spin like that to turn your back on somebody and not expect to get hit. He wasn't looking where he should have been. The guys elbows were tucked and he had his guy lined up for a check. That's the name of the game here, folks.

It sucks the kid went down like that, but I don't see anything deserving of a penalty.

Good hit, players need to stop turning their back. No way a guy can let up when you turn your back half a second before the guy hits you.

Should of probably been a charging though, that's it.

I agree with Doc.

The guy broke his stride when he lined him up, so I would say charging would even be iffy. The kid saw him coming before he went behind the net to get the puck. He had the sense to protect and reverse the puck, he just didn't have the sense to protect himself. In fact, he did just the opposite by turning his back.

Unfortunately, Doc is right...the kid saw him, and tried to spin away from the check he KNEW was coming...turned his back, and you could see his head hit the stanchion. Players , especially D, try to spin away from checks all the time. This time he didn't quite make it, and it made the hit worse. That being said, I hope he recovers quickly.

Guest Four

elbowtwo.jpg

No elbow?

The guy broke his stride when he lined him up, so I would say charging would even be iffy. The kid saw him coming before he went behind the net to get the puck. He had the sense to protect and reverse the puck, he just didn't have the sense to protect himself. In fact, he did just the opposite by turning his back.

Oh I agree, I probably wouldn't have called charging either. But in a Junior league I wouldn't be surprised if it was called after the outcome.

Guest Four
Oh I agree, I probably wouldn't have called charging either. But in a Junior league I wouldn't be surprised if it was called after the outcome.

He got called for boarding, actually.

So he fully untucked his elbow before the kids helmet made a full rotation in mid air? Don't be afraid to compile.

Did you even watch the video?

durro.png

Wow Four, I am surprised you can even tell where his elbow is in that still.

elbowe.jpg

I don't really see that as tucked in..

Dude, you just lost all credibility with this one. I just watched it again, in case I made a mistake, and I paused the video at the right time. The kid is going down and elbows are still tucked in. Watch it again, and warm up your fork, because it's time to eat crow.

Again, I hope the kid is okay.

Did you even watch the video?

durro.png

Wow Four, I am surprised you can even tell where his elbow is in that still.

Of course I watched the video. It was a blatant head shot. It's a problem in pro hockey. You can ticky-tack it all you want, doesn't change the fact that the kid was knocked unconcious from a blow to the head. But don't let me stop you... continue arguing the validity of the hit.

He didn't hit him between the numbers or anything. I dunno. The only reason I don't like this hit is because it's on a 16 year old. He charged him, but if it was in the NHL, I probably wouldn't be fussed about it.