• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
titanium2

Andrej Nestrasil

Rate this topic

Titanium, I have the same mixed bag of emotions like you. on the one hand, Koko IS a regular NHL player that is a legit #1PK guy and net front pressence, but on the other hand.....it's Koko.

Forgot to mention, koko's biggest flaw was he was about as bad of a skater as Holmstrom and Aaron Downey, but Nestrasil is miles ahead at skating than either of those two. Nestrasil is shaping up to be a less streaky Franzen light.

Titanium, I have the same mixed bag of emotions like you. on the one hand, Koko IS a regular NHL player that is a legit #1PK guy and net front pressence, but on the other hand.....it's Koko.

Forgot to mention, koko's biggest flaw was he was about as bad of a skater as Holmstrom and Aaron Downey, but Nestrasil is miles ahead at skating than either of those two. Nestrasil is shaping up to be a less streaky Franzen light.

@renhockey

Renaud P Lavoie Andrej Nestrasil (#75 2009 det) 3 years / 1.08 (2 way) 1 hour ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®

I can only laugh ta myself because I went from saying he looks like a less streaky Franzen to saying "Meh" about him being signed now lol

Wings have signed every single draft pick from the 2009 draft class except for Nick Jensen, who the Wings don't have to think about signing until August 2014.

Though, if they had to sign Jensen I bet they would since he's gotten better every year since the draft.

The 2009 draft class has the potential to be one of the more memorable ones in Wings history.

Wings have signed every single draft pick from the 2009 draft class except for Nick Jensen, who the Wings don't have to think about signing until August 2014.

Though, if they had to sign Jensen I bet they would since he's gotten better every year since the draft.

The 2009 draft class has the potential to be one of the more memorable ones in Wings history.

It was a very deep draft for us, but Tatar is the closest thing we have in that draft to a second liner. A2 has a chance to be a top 4 DMan. But 2010 was stacked for us with unbelievable upside in our prospects. Macek is the only guy I don't see being a third liner or higher, all the rest look like second liners to me and Marshall exploded after the draft and looks like a top for offensive DMan. And Mrazek, holy crap did he really explode as well.

I'm really, really intrigued by Nestrasil. He's big, he can hit, he's got skill and can make a good pass. He needs to imrpove his skating and shoot a little more, but there's a fair bit of upside here. I hope he goes to the AHL and is a regular. :thumbup:

As for the 2010 draft, it looks good doesn't it? Jarnkrok is a beauty, Pulkkinen could be anything, I'm really high on Aubry and Mrazek has a fanatstic season. As for the rest, purely time will tell.

OK so I watched Nestrasil last night for the first time and I was so impressed. All I’ve heard is his skating, how bad it is and how it will hold him back. Honestly, if anything, I thought it stood out in a positive way. He was buzzing all night. He assisted on Raedeke’s goal with a beautiful feed, and then shortly after he scored on the PP after crashing home a rebound. He was creating scoring chances all night, and he was named the games 1st star, in just his second AHL game.

Maybe I just caught him on a good night where he looked fast, but I honestly can’t say I noticed his ‘poor’ skating. He’s got good size, he’s got good hands, after his efforts last night, hard to believe he won't be a regular in Grand Rapids.

Guest Heaten

I watch Nestrasil twice since he was drafted, in one game he was a BEAST - I think it was a playoff game or WC, can't remember. He was one of the most noticeable guys on the ice and was driving the net like a manic. In another (regular season) game I didn't even notice him.

He played 25 games in the AHL and was underwhelming. He seemed to take a step back this year. Hopefully he explodes next year. I have high hopes for this kid, but am underwhelmed by him this year.

I watch Nestrasil twice since he was drafted, in one game he was a BEAST - I think it was a playoff game or WC, can't remember. He was one of the most noticeable guys on the ice and was driving the net like a manic. In another (regular season) game I didn't even notice him.

He played 25 games in the AHL and was underwhelming. He seemed to take a step back this year. Hopefully he explodes next year. I have high hopes for this kid, but am underwhelmed by him this year.

I agree.I was hoping for more from him and Louis-Marc Audry because of there size.I keep hearing Micky Redmond say how big St.Louis is and how small Detroit is and know Detroit needs size.